It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel v.s Iran/Syria. Who's side would you be on and why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Neither, I don't wan to help either side.

We got enough of our own problem over here at home, all the poor, all the sick, all the hungry.

Charity starts at home.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Neither ! Leave them to it, and do not involve any Western military, or covert support.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi guys

Firstly to say "I would support neither side" is like putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "Nah nah I can't hear you nah nah" Just because you don't want to hear it doesn't mean it isn't so.

I would support Israel, but not maybe for the reasons you think.

I long for the days of Itshak Rabin to return, now he was a real leader IMHO. to quote him

On the other hand, almost immediately after the Accords were signed there was an outbreak of terrorist activity by the Hamas and the Islamic Jihad. The incidence of terrorist attacks, including a number of suicide bombings, was much greater after the Accords than before. Rabin's response was to characterise the attacks as an attempt to de-stabilise the peace process, which should not be allowed to succeed: "We will continue the process as if there is no terror. And we will fight the terror as if there is no process."

Source

The present Israeli Gov't is out of control somewhat like a petulant child. However the people of Israel whether they be Jewish, Arab, Druse or Christian or indeed any religion are in my experience a warm hearted friendly race of people that just want to love their kids and live their lives.

Arrogant ? Yes, but it is an arrogance born of pride in their nation and their belief in the IDF. There is a toast in Israel (I'll try phonetic Hebrew first) "sh lo neshtay me ha yam" roughly translated as "may we never drink from the sea". Most appropriate I feel.

I'm sure the same is true of the Syrian people but my encounters with Syrians have only ever been in conflict.

Israel is democracy with a relatively fair and just system of justice. Like it or lump it they are the US aircraft carrier permanently stationed in the middle east and are our allies, you don't turn on your allies in times of need.

But my main reason for supporting Israel.................My kids, they live there with my ex wife, my two beautiful children, to not support them would make me the worst kind of traitor the world ever produced, a father that didn't support his kids In a time of need.

So If you posted something along the lines of "let them burn" or "Israel should be destroyed" please take time to think about that, I love my kids and have no wish to see them burn, or destroyed. As a fellow member on ATS I understand that your viewpoint may differ to mine, but please choose your words carefully

So in short, do I support the current Israeli gov't ? No
Do I believe the Israeli people have a right to exist in Israel ? Yes
Do I believe we should support the Israeli people if it came to a war ? Yes

Thank you for a thought provoking thread canucks555 S&F

Just my 2 cents

Cody

ETA: Thanks
edit on 6/5/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Seems as though Obama has already made the choice for you. Isn't he arming the Muslim brotherhood against Assad.
Also he pretty much told Israel not to attack Iran over their nuclear ambitions.
The fact that Iran has come right out and said that Israel and the west need wiped off the face of the earth pretty much makes my choice for me. I am not willing to live under sharia law.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would side with Israel 100%

Iran has often declared they want to destroy Israel and look at the awful way they treat women there

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
reply to post by buster2010

America had nothing to do with the founding of Israel.

on 29 November 1947, and with U.S. support, the United Nations General Assembly adopted as Resolution 181, the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine,
en.wikipedia.org...

Please, no need to be "snippy" or "animated"
We are merely discussing something in a calm and respectful manner.
(Or at least trying to. btw give that a read if you're not sure how Israel was created and who supported it's creation.

edit on 5-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

Reading not your strong suit?

The text of the United States recognition was as follows:- This Government has been informed that a Jewish state has been proclaimed in Palestine, and recognition has been requested by the provisional Government thereof. The United States recognizes the provisional government as the de facto authority of the new State of Israel. (sgn.) Harry Truman Approved 14 May 1948 6.11[19] With this unexpected decision, U.S. representative to the United Nations Warren Austin, whose team had been working on an alternative trusteeship proposal, shortly thereafter left his office at the UN and went home. Secretary of State Marshall sent a State Department official to the United Nations to prevent the entire United States delegation from resigning.[16] De jure recognition came on 31 January 1949.

In case you still don't understand the UN made the decision then informed America of it and America went along with it. America was working on something that wouldn't have led to a Jewish state.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Side? I'd just as soon sit this one out, thanks... Morons to the left, morons to the right... Only this little excursion into insanity might end up with a field of mushrooms sprouting in various places... It is to be hoped, most fervently, that sanity will soon break out.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

I beg to differ. here is but a taste.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...
Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

So you run to an Islamophobia hate site to back up your statement. When you take verses out of context you can make any religion one of hate. There are three times the violence in the Bible than the Qur'an so that makes Christians three times more violent huh?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoEpic
I would side with Israel 100%

Iran has often declared they want to destroy Israel and look at the awful way they treat women there

Show where the leader of Iran has said they wanted to destroy Israel. And as far as treating women goes Israel has the largest sex slave ring in the world. So which is worst telling a woman you can't drive or vote or luring women into Israel under the false pretense of a job then robbing them of their passports and forcing them into a life of prostitution?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted

Seems as though Obama has already made the choice for you. Isn't he arming the Muslim brotherhood against Assad.
Also he pretty much told Israel not to attack Iran over their nuclear ambitions.
The fact that Iran has come right out and said that Israel and the west need wiped off the face of the earth pretty much makes my choice for me. I am not willing to live under sharia law.

So you are letting a lie that was spread by a Zionist propaganda site make your decision for you. The wipe Israel off the face of the earth lie has been debunked many times.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Allow me to put my foot in my own mouth for a second.

I'd side with Israel....

The would win, so it's always nice to pick a winner. And, I'm a little more scared of Israel's ability to wage war than Syria's or Iran's. So Again, I'd side with them. And seeing as neither country has done anything more than dislike Israel, I sure as hell don't want to label myself an antisemite or a target in the future, who knows what I might teach my children, if i have any.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You made the nation of Israel sound like the Anti-Christ.
I wish for cooler heads to prevail, but, if not, I would like support of Israel as well. Not because I agree with a single thing they do, but, because I don't want a world war...especially a nuclear war.

Israel is to the West as North Korea is to China.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Well the kids are making a mess in the sandbox that we call the middle east. Religious fanatics/military mad-men/ corrupt politicians on both sides

Ha ha, you really summed it up. If there was a war in the middle-east between Israel and Syria, I don't think I would be on either side.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22266212]BBC - Israel says Syria used Chemical Weapons/url]

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10039672/UN-accuses-Syrian-rebels-of-chemical-weapons-use.html]UN Accuses Syrian Rebels of Chemical Weapons Use/url]
edit on 6-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I don't know... haven't all of the new regimes in the Arab Spring ended up being more Muslim Fundamentalist than the ones before them?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I love how you say that violence in the Mideast has now become a cliche like it hasnt already been for the past 3000 years. I'm gonna side with Israel. Some of em may be racist, but theyve taken so much crap from militant Muslims it's rediculous. Doesnt matter what anyone says. The fact remains that there is plenty of Muslims out there that hate Jews and Israel not through any misjustice or crime, but simply because they're Jewish. Thats not okay.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Neither side. Both sides have their grievances and I'm not a fan of either. On top of it, Israel acted as the aggressor yet again, which is simply going to fuel even more hatred by other Middle Eastern countries towards Israel. Just because we're allies, it does not mean that we are required to support every action--including acts of aggression. Our role as allies has been providing economic assistance (including military but not direct fighting) and decades of attempts to be mediators in promoting peace talks between the countries, Israelis and Palestinians. We did not provide direct military support in other situations with Israel and other Arab countries such as the Six Day War and Yom Kippur, historically, outside of providing them with economic assistance and military supplies. Don't see why that position would change this time around, especially in light of the recent Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think we are all heading for dangerous times, as Russia & China don't trust America any longer, Israel will I am sure very soon be knocked off the map simply because America wont dare support them knowing China & Russia want to settle scores with America badly, USA will be too thin on the ground with Korea, Japan, Europe, Africa hot spots now all on the go at same time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So you are letting a lie that was spread by a Zionist propaganda site make your decision for you. The wipe Israel off the face of the earth lie has been debunked many times.

Which only goes to prove how well the control of information works. When's the last time you saw a movie or read a New York Times best selling book that portrayed an Arab as the good guy? Ain't happenin'. They are EVIL I tell ya, every single one of them, or else there'd be something in popular media that said otherwise.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well, Cody... You remind me why I so enjoy reading your posts. In an emotionally charged thread with an equally charged topic and question? You remind us all of the pure human factor involved for many millions of people who did nothing wrong but live on a piece of land in the very wrong place at the very wrong time in history. Just a twist of fate away from any one of us, and perhaps all of us by the time such a thing played out to it's final conclusions.

Indeed... I think you make one of the better points for support of either side in such an open and general question.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
On who's side ?
On my side.
Let them clobber each other, that might take care of the "problem".
Nasty it could get if they use nukes: would have possible consequences on the remaining planet.
Has it all happened in the past already ? Archeology and ancient history/myths seem to say so.
It's a crazy madhouse.
Stay out of it, if you can, it could at least save some portions of this poor planet.
If everybody gets involved, there is no hope anymore.
Armageddon ? If it has to be, at least only local.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Keep in mind that the goal of israhell is to expand its territory to the nile and to the tigris/euphrates.
Once you know that, everything is clear.
And it is no secret, by the way.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join