It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel v.s Iran/Syria. Who's side would you be on and why?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well the kids are making a mess in the sandbox that we call the middle east. Religious fanatics/military mad-men/ corrupt politicians on both sides

and much blood. Middle Eastern violence has become a cliche.
The specter of all out war inched ever closer after Israels latest incursions May4.
Given that this is a Western forum (pretty much) I'm curious as to what position some of you might hold on the issue of an all out war.

Now. Let's be real here. You may not like Israel, but at the end of the day, they are our (the Wests) allies. (on paper anyways)

So if you have to choose a side, are you gonna back Assad (going against an ally) or support the Israelis?

And would that amount to, say, backing the Japanese in ww2?

Does disappointment in ones government equate to backing the Iranians in all out war?

We put Israel where it is. In a way, it's our fault when they (Israel) acts up.
Do we abandon them?

This is not intended as a flame post, it's intended to see how our values (when it comes to modern day allies) has changed.

-----------------------------

edit: Lets keep it clean and concise, As somone once said:
"Wars are not won or lost on ATS. They are discussed"

edit on 5-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Our fault Israel wants to bomb out all the Arab Countries?

That's just ridiculous on several levels.

USS Liberty Incident Yeah, good friends they are.

Don't forget that McNamara also presided over the Gulf of Tonkin Incident.

I say let them all kill each other, it's none of America's business.
edit on 5-5-2013 by watchitburn because: Spelling

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

I support sound logical Principles NOT Nations.

Personal Disclosure: The former never change at all, whereas the later change often enough to be discouunted as viable vehicles of safety.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Now. Let's be real here. You may not like Israel, but at the end of the day, they are our allies. (on paper anyways)

Allies dont strafe, bomb and fire bomb one of your ships, trying to sink it, ask any USS Liberty survivor if they consider Israel and ally.
I wish Israel complete destruction but it wont happen, the US would never allow it.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Berzerked because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Well it is america's business since its the US that gives them the immunity and the impunity which allows Israel to do whatever it pleases to whoever it pleases when it pleases.

If the US would cease to give them that blanket of safety and support, I dont think they would last long. You see anyone else doing the same? Well its good to have the back up of the US military might.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
S/F for a real thinking thread... Hmm.. I had to think on this a bit ..but in the end, not that hard once a couple points came to mind. Taken as Israel vs. Iran/Syria? Well. There isn't much choice to my thinking. I support Israel. Unconditionally and without hesitation, once thought through. Why? 3 reasons.

1. We are obligated to support them by treaty and moral obligations made over 30+ years. We can withdraw from treaties (and there are many of them) but we cannot simply play like they don't exist and carry on. If we do, the rest of the world will view treaties with US in like fashion going forward. This is how we destroy ourselves to spite someone else.

2. Israel is, in the end, the only player in the game which is capable of not simply changing...but effectively destroying a good % of that region of the world for human habitability. Like it or hate it ...accept it or not for how it came to be? That is reality as we face it today. If Israel feels they will lose a war without taking the action and has no choice? They will 'death blossom' or what some call the Sampson Option. Which is to fire their Jericho missiles against all their enemies at once. The result, however it turns out after that, would be millions dead and dying with a region destroyed. 100% unacceptable in my view ..and NO way to stop it right now but to avoid the conditions where they'd see it as the last choice.

3. A % on ATS will discount this out of hand..and so be it. We all have our opinions and beliefs. However, I cannot discount Christian end times theology and specifically, Revelations. Too much has been ...close. This war wouldn't simply be close. It would be overlapping prophecy when other factors of recent history are then brought around to fill in the back story.

So.. That's my position and I shall stick to it, for better or worse and wherever this thing leads. In a world of grey, there are some things that I feel are, in the end, black and white. The above explains why, for my thinking.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

Well thems is definitely fighting words ! Harsh attitude, but does strafing a ship several decades ago amount to you wanting to see the entire state destroyed?
hmmmm..

All good though, thanks for your input

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I wish Israel complete destruction

Not a head of State, nor group of military leaders, but an entire nation. Every man, woman, and child. Your parents must be so proud.

Congratulations on the most disgusting post of the day.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't support any of it.
I'm also sick of this mindset that everybody must choose sides and argue about everything.
It just works to further divide people and control opinions based on emotion rather than logic.

"I am sick and tired of war. Its glory is all moonshine.
It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard
the shrieks and groans of the wounded
who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.
War is hell."
From "On Killing" by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've never really had an opinion with regards to Israel in my time here; and haven't let anyone's arguments sway my opinion either way.

But for me Israels' actions speak for themselves, and I'd have to side (If I had to), with Iran/Syria; as they (Israel) have instigated/committed an act of war without being provoked by either of these countries.

Syria are having a civil war and it's no-ones business to get involved with their affairs, not least Israels.

These acts of war are a cheap shot in my opinion. Israel know that Syria are unlikely to respond due to the situation happening with regards to the FSA uprising; It is the equivalent to kicking a man when he's down, I have no respect for such cowardice.

"We put Israel there, do we abandon them? What do we do?" (Not verbatim)

Well it's the same thing people were saying about China regarding North Korea...Stop letting your dog bite the neighbours and put it back in it's leash.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Chipkin9 because: (no reason given)

ETA: I also share AnimositisominA's sentiments.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Well thems is definitely fighting words ! Harsh attitude, but does strafing a ship several decades ago amount to you wanting to see the entire state destroyed?
hmmmm..

All good though, thanks for your input

Oh, thats not the only reason, I just brought that up because you mentioned them being our allies.
In my opinion, the Israeli Govt is the biggest terrorist organization in the world.
They make al queda look like girl scouts

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great post you Wascally Wabbit. I concur, Allies are allies. When the stuff hits the wind producers ..well you know we have to back our allies despite their eccentricities.
Does that mean we condone all of Israels actions? Of course not.
Day to day stuff we've seen, Israel should be disciplined.
All out war? We should be there to help.
(ImO)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Once again i'm made happy that my Government has chosen to employ drones over US airspace and arm the hell out of homeland security.

To take a staunch ally, use an Accident that happened decades as ago wish for the destruction of that Ally, and stand behind a radical fundamentalist state that allows no dignity for women...

well apparently we didn't do a good enough job during the first civil war in eliminating the Americans who have much in Common wit the Taliban

I'd side with Israel

And I hope admission at the Fema camps isn't too much because I want to feed peanuts to the klansmen through the fence.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Just because mistakes were made in the past, doesn't mean we have to continue with that mistake. It's one thing to be allies with someone, it is entirely another thing to feel obligated to back up that States every stupid decision.

Israel is perfectly capable of defending itself. If it was more neighborly with it's neighbors it wouldn't be in this position.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would support Israel because most Serians and Iranians worship a religion that cannot live in peace with other religions if it's teachings are followed devoutly. Seriously, I don't think we can ever have peace when people worship religions that call for death to those who refuse to follow it.

Those people are not born evil they are taught to become evil by their religion.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Since you asked: I am down with Assad. Yeah that is right.

I am not down with the plan. I don't like the imperialism and slaughter.

I am hoping Aliens come and save this planet.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

So you are "Down with Assad"
Or you mean that you're "Down with Assad!"

Or you're "Down with Alien intervention!"

Them aliens aint never gonna bale us out. If anything they'll just simply survey the situation and then calmly eat us all.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Both LOL.

I always liked the underdog.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Well being a basically peace loving type, I'd have to side with the side that doesn't go around attacking and threatening mayhem on its neighbors every other minute. I'll let you figure out which side that is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join