It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Hellyer Claims Two ET's Are Working With The US Government!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Nicorette

For argument's sake, could it be that these hypothetical aliens have been monitoring our planet and know what we have named the stars and then self identified with them in language we would readily understand?
Couldn't be, huh? Because then we would have to concede that a species barely capable of traveling beyond its own moon doesn't understand half of what its internet forum skeptics think they do.

Sure it's possible, but it's a little condescending, and for an advanced interstellar civilizations, comically inefficient and incompetent. Or do you suppose whispering about the Pleiades to random selections of housewives and one-armed Swiss farmers is a rational and efficient means of creating understanding?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

I wouldn't presume to know the motives of a species who's intelligence is likely to be an order of magnitude greater than our own.
And I am certainly not willing to toss all evidence we have aside on my presumptions. Or yours.

ETA: also, you present a bit of a slippery slope. I trust my own experiences pretty darned well. I am neither a housewife, nor a one armed Swiss farmer. (one of which is a known fraud (see straw man)). Truth is, we have no way of knowing that their 'cross section' of contactees is random at all, either.

All I know is that there is a HELL of a lot of evidence it is happening. Thousands upon thousands of cases. Enough so that if the question was one of ypu commiting a murder and the same number of people said you did, you'd be found guilty in any court of law.
edit on 6-5-2013 by JayinAR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
did i miss the part where he speaks of fkrst hand experience

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Nope. He has no first hand knowledge to speak of. He has maintained that for years. It is doubtful he will have anything new in this regard any time soon, as he no longer works for the Canadian Government.

However, I would reason that even if he did have first hand knowledge, he would be disallowed by oath from speaking about it.

In my view, his position is pretty darned telling as it is.
He was a defense department official. To assume that these types know NOTHING about this issue is extremely naive, in my opinion. Governments DO investigate this junk in the name of National Security and have for a long time.

He knows SOMETHING. The question should be is he an informant or a disinformant.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
i haven,t read all the posts on this but what i,m going to say which has been pointed out quite a few times is

the huge leaps in technology in the last 50 to 60 years i say have been nothing short of extraordinary so i doubt two ET,s have been concluding for thousands of years with us,why wud it take thousands of years for them to show us how to do things?

how we,ve made these huge leaps is up for debate.
edit on 2011 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by erwalker

Well after reading that I don't know if he should get an award or be committed ? That was like patting him on the back or shaking his hand and kicking him in the backside at the same time. It's like inhaling and exhaling at the same time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nevertheless

"Alien nonsense" certainly states loud and clear what your view of the world is. Holding that view just makes it clear that the government is doing a hellava job making sure that every alien claim is laughed at and discredited. You believe exactly what they want you to believe. You are their ideal.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

There really have not been any extraordinary leaps. Its been a logical and progressive change with one technology building on the last so we go from gas lamps to space travel within a hundred year period. There has not been any technology introduced that wasnt built upon existing technology, Nothing that was pulled out of thin air that is.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jobeycool

I always chuckle when I see people who believe in angels and demons and scoff at aliens.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hy9nos

Ummmmm I hate to break it to you but NWO is a conspiracy. Aliens too probably. I dont doubt they're out there but given our position in the big scheme of things I think we are probably too far out of the way for a pit stop.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by hy9nos

I would also like to know some of those other web sites if you have addresses.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Plenty of people make money off of books. Making money off a book has nothing to do with something being false or not. So stop wasting our time with that lame argument.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
You know what, I think that if someone here still thinks that there's no way between all those billions and billions of stars, zillions of planets some existing , proximally nine billion years earlier as our earth merged together from a hot ball of lava to full living planet , that never any species has been capable to unravel all secrets of psychics before we started to infect this planet, to fly to other star systems ?
If you think that? Then you're in a state of denying ...

I think its possible ,well Hell,yer he could speak the truth about this!

Peace

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
Plenty of people make money off of books. Making money off a book has nothing to do with something being false or not. So stop wasting our time with that lame argument.

That's right, quite a few of my colleagues make money from writing scientific text books.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just so any new members aren't informed regarding the member "Jim Oberg" and his agenda on these message boards. I personally just completely scroll by his name these days but newer members should know who he is and what his intentions are.

Jim Oberg is a founding member of the "Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI aka CSICOP) It's entire purpose is to debunk UFO's and any other unexplained anomalies here on earth and in space. An aviation expert? yes, a valuable skeptic to the UFO research community? Absolutely not, especially in terms of the truth regarding NASA and what it may have concealed from the public all of these years.

Anything he says in terms of the UFO phenomenon should be taken with a grain of salt. However he does know his stuff when it comes to the aviation sector, he gets nice paycheck from the Discovery Channel for his input on past airline crashes

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

I find Oberg to be of great value, personally. And those of like mind. Skepticism...genuine, and well informed skepticism keeps us honest.
Without it, people would jump through hoops screaming that the latest YouTube CGI is proof positive of alien intervention.

Just sayin.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BullwinkleKicksButt

Good for your colleagues.. Point?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

How is this guy credible...because hes a politician? The only thing politicians do is...LIE.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
You know what, I think that if someone here still thinks that there's no way between all those billions and billions of stars, zillions of planets some existing , proximally nine billion years earlier as our earth merged together from a hot ball of lava to full living planet , that never any species has been capable to unravel all secrets of psychics before we started to infect this planet, to fly to other star systems ?
If you think that? Then you're in a state of denying ...

I think its possible ,well Hell,yer he could speak the truth about this!

Peace

It isn't the existence of aliens that is in question. Its whether or not they are advanced enough and have traveled light years across the cosmos to watch housewives through their bedroom windows or to abduct hicks in the middle of nowhere, instead of using their obvious technological prowess to communicate freely in a meaningful way. There simply is no logic or evidence to support those crazy claims. None. Therefore, people who religiously defend the hypothesis, relying on nothing more than unreliable testimony and Youtube videos, are ridiculed and seen as clowns.

I hope that clarifies things a bit for you.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WilliamOckham

You create a strawman argument as well.
The evidence is abundant really. The fact that the Governments of the world have enlisted top scientists an have spent millions o mm. n the subject attests to this.

Yet according to you the only evidence comes by the way of 'hicks in the middle of nowhere?'
How about a week long continued presence over Washington DC?

ETA: Nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join