It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's official statre response to Israel:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
"We will respond at a time and manner of our choosing" LMAO!!! Geez come on. Thats the same old tired stuff the Iranians say, Hezbollah says etc. Thats talk for basically saying "we arent gonna do anything"

I thought Syria had such stout air defence systems? Israel is getting right in and out of there with NO problem whatsoever.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well I could have called this. Syria doesn't have the means to rally and attack another country. They have their own internal problems currently which are taking clear precedent. This is why I didn't read too far into this recent invasion of sovereign space by Israel. Just more nonsense from the Middle East that doesn't effect anyone in the west.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yet you think that response is worth a threat.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I'll bet that little nugget wasn't lost on Iran either (that they got in with no problem whatsoever), considering similar air defense strategies.
Which is likely why they are so mum on this....
edit on 7-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well I think Iran would fair a little better.

I'm sure they have massively fortified their main targets and any strike will have to spend considerably more time over their country then they would in a strike against Syria.

The more time spent in the air defense of another country gives them more time to shoot you down. If the Iranians actually decide to fight instead of a country like Iraq, it could be a higher casuality rate for Israel.

Especially if they go in without US support.

I'm certainly no expert on Iranian defense systems though so I may be wrong here.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What it means is they will use suicide bombing attacks on Israel or plant bombs and shoot missles at them when they are not prepared.

new topics

top topics

join