It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My concern with YouTube UFO channels.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We can all agree that the more the exposure that the UFO subject has to the general masses the better but I do have problem with some UFO channels on YouTube.
There seems to be a philosophy of quantity over quality with literally hundreds of obvious fakes being posted as UFO footage.
The worst offender in my opinion is the Thirdphaseofmoon channel which seems to have no vetting protocols for its clips.The mindset of this channel seems to be to post everything and let the people decide but I think when you have over 72,000 subscribers as they do you have a moral obligation as well as a golden opportunity to
provide the best available evidence.
It is a wasted chance to bring new interest into the field with this worrying trend and takes away from the work being done by more credible YouTube channels.Also there is the possibility that a few genuine clips could be buried in the crap.
edit on 5/5/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/5/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CrashRetrieval

As someone who firmly believes in the existence of intelligent extraterrestrial life-forms and is genuinly interested in the ufo phenomenon, I have to agree completely.
While it is encouraging to notice that the public interest regarding these subjects is increasing, it is equally discouraging to see that a number of youtube channels are approaching the topics and producing their material in both a very unprofessional and unscientific manner.

I am sure that most of us would like to see more thorough investigations into the various cases that have come along in recent times. If these channels expect any kind of scientific response and credibility, they have to begin going into details about each and every case covered instead of just putting bits and pieces out there, risking significant material to fall out of context and become invalid.

I tend to follow individual researchers and watch/listen to their lectures and presentations instead.
edit on 5-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The worst offender in my opinion is the Thirdphaseofmoon channel which seems to have no vetting protocols for its clips.

I can add another to this...

ADG
ADG(UK)
StephenHannard
StephenHannardADG(UK)

Here is a little gem I enjoyed...

He isn't far behind Thirdphaseofmoon with his videos.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
As a site that deals with the subject, we agree and we can say that 98% of the videos relating to UFO posted on Youtube, are false. The worst that contribute to misinformation on the subject and take more and more credibility, Youtube, despite allegations of falsehoods, does nothing about it, on the contrary, it protects these users, already known for posting videos HOAX for two reasons :

1) Earn a lot of money with the curiosity of those who seek answers
2) Does your piece of work that should the government, which increasingly need to discredit it

Our website always prized for truth and always when they are sent or discovered, are the first to demystify and expose these videos as HOAX.

Of all the countries who post videos on UFO HOAX on Youtube, Mexico is in first place in the list. Once found they can bill money, they post Balloon, short circuits, flashlights, laser beam on the glass, it has everything you can imagine and turn Youtube thanks and protects and supports the farce.

thank you

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

All of those mentioned above are truly just an annoyance to ufology and do absolutely nothing for it apart from garner tons of YT hits for the cash

Truth doesn't matter to these people.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is the quality of the utter crap Thirdphaseofmoon promotes.

edit on 6/5/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Is why I made this ages ago:

That said, if genuine footage does show up, I imagine it would quickly need to be moved to a platform other than youtube, and if it's incredibly compelling it would likely be immediately apparent.

It really isn't hard these days to find space to host even large (2 - 4 gig) files) online, so if used at all youtube should be a 'preview' for the main event for most investigating parties.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I have a concern with all the people actually believing what comes out of those channels. That is the reason why so many people see them, and the real UFO videos are buried.

Could be a conspiracy.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

While I agree with the sentiment of the thread it risks giving the hoaxers more promotion and hits due to the posting of example videos for people to click on .

I'm afraid the genie's out of the bottle and the lure of $$$ is strong , these hoaxers tend to have multiple youtube accounts so other than stopping members posting videos here there's nothing we can do to stop them .

I see the growth of these UFO channels as a sign of the sad state this subject is in today , people need to believe and these channels feed that need .

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you want to make a strictly quality YouTube UFO channel, I guess you're stuck with documentaries and videos of the Utah film, the Montana film, this one taken over Catalina in 1966, and not much else. Even then, some will scoff at those supposedly best videos available.

And this one put on YouTube by ATS member easynow certainly seems like a winner:

And Mike Wlallace with Donald Keyhoe is a great one:

edit on 7-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
These people need to be stopped if we want this field of study to be treated with any shred of credibility by the masses. I feel that the influx of garbage on YouTube is one of the major problems in ufology at present.

edit on 8/5/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/5/13 by CrashRetrieval because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I think it might be time for real TV networks to create a UFO channel.
Like the History channel, only it is all UFO's all the time.

Until then, UFO TV is a good channel.

www.youtube.com... 11.youtube.OUVYJhZvUjw

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This video is an insult to anyone with an interest in the subject.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Youtube: The Home of BullS***

You are so right about the quantity rather than quality. People want to watch a 5 minute long video of multiple sightings rather than a 10 minute one discussing every little thing about just one sighting. Most people who live in the bubble want to be entertained not educated.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
And this one put on YouTube by ATS member easynow certainly seems like a winner:

Yes that is a good clip and is (imo) an important part of the history of ufology so that's why I uploaded it.

I want to make it clear to everyone, I have never made any money from my channel or from anything else I have posted on the web. Not one dime ever and since time is money and I do everything for free, doing all this has actually cost me money. How many ufo researchers can say that ... I often wonder.

Also, I have a couple vids on my channel that are questionable but they're for study purposes only and the rest of the vids on my channel, I consider to be, videos about serious cases or subjects.

As far as the topic of this thread: I'm not going to point out any specific examples (believe me I could) but I agree there are more than a few channels posting videos that are complete garbage and when I see that stuff, I just shake my head in disbelief at what they're doing.

Some of the classic documentaries are worth watching but for the most part 99% of the videos on youtube about UFOs and aliens is fake dis-info.

I partly blame YouTube because they spent millions funding new channels so google would make money off this stuff as well. online.wsj.com...

Anyways ... for anyone interested here's my latest upload about "Flashes on the Moon"

edit on 11-5-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

I want to make it clear to everyone, I have never made any money from my channel or from anything else I have posted on the web. Not one dime ever and since time is money and I do everything for free, doing all this has actually cost me money. How many ufo researchers can say that ... I often wonder.

Also, I have a couple vids on my channel that are questionable but they're for study purposes only and the rest of the vids on my channel, I consider to be, videos about serious cases or subjects.

I'll second that one mate and your content about some of the more serious cases in UFO research is top notch - a mighty fine job you did on the Portage County video as well.

link

Anyways ... for anyone interested here's my latest upload about "Flashes on the Moon"

Good call and I've been looking for this one ever since it got deleted -the lunar footage at 3:20 has always had me completely baffled.

Cheers!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'll second that one mate and your content about some of the more serious cases in UFO research is top notch - a mighty fine job you did on the Portage County video as well.

Thanks karl and a compliment like that from a researcher of your calibur means alot to me and is much appreciated

That Dale Spaur interview is fascinating and I was shocked to find that nobody else had uploaded it.

Good call and I've been looking for this one ever since it got deleted -the lunar footage at 3:20 has always had me completely baffled.

Me too ! I noticed it was gone as well and since it contains some really interesting info I decided to hunt it down so we all could watch it again. And yeah I agree the UFO and the flash is definitely interesting and certainly anomalous. I think that one little clip is just the tip of the ice berg and shows there's alot more going on up there on the Moon than NASA wants everyone to believe.

Thanks again karl ... Cheers

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

No worries my friend although I'll be the first to admit I'm completely clueless as to what's behind UFO origin (ET/ED/CT etc..) and there are plenty of other folks out there far more knowledgeable than I am -I know you've been researching this subject for many years and there's definitely something to it that deserves serious attention, I also find it telling that in a lot of your research replies from 'pseudo-skeptics' are conspicuous by their absence.

Like CrashRetrieval mentions in the OP - Youtube Channels like Thirdphaseofmoon which show hundreds of obvious fake UFO videos really does detract from work being done by credible researchers and there is a danger that a few genuine clips could be 'buried in the crap' -plowing through multitudes of hoax UFO videos probably puts a lot of newcomers off the subject as well (I'm sure the CIA loves it).

That Dale Spaur interview is fascinating and I was shocked to find that nobody else had uploaded it.

Mate, seems no-one even wants to discuss the Portage County Incident -never mind upload videos about it.

Originally posted by Conquering12

Most people who live in the bubble want to be entertained not educated.

Conquering12, how right you are - this book came out last year and I think it's a safe bet to say that most people haven't read it.

I don't know if you've seen it but there's another great Youtube Channel below from ATS member Orkojoker which manages to combine both.

UFO Education

Cheers.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yes indeed karl, I've been examing this subject for many years now and there is no doubt the ufo phenomena deserves serious study and attention. I can say that because after years of research I've found the amount of evidence is overwhelming and also because I've seen the-real-signal with my own eyes.

Mate, seems no-one even wants to discuss the Portage County Incident -never mind upload videos about it.

Yeah I noticed that as well.

In my honest opinion, I think you should gather all the new data that's been collected and repost the case in a new thread with a new opening post so everyone could take a fresh look at all the evidence and since your much more capable than me at being informative and objective the discussion will undoubtedly be more intriguingly productive. Just my opinion and suggestion

On topic:

There's plenty more garbage on youtube besides ufo hoaxes ...

edit on 21-5-2013 by easynow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join