It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The World Discovered A Young Man With Extended Longevity - What Would Happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe he doesn't age - only ages by 1 year every one hundred years. He's an anomaly in the human species.

How could he protect himself? Would he have to get famous and extremely rich by doing other things and thus protect himself by being wealthy, powerful and influential?

But when I ask these kinds of questions, some of you always think that "people of extreme abilities" will be carted off by some clandestine government agency to be studied - maybe in other countries; but in the West? I find that hard to believe... For example, why haven't they carted off the numerous exceptional child prodigies to "study" them? Surely, if he lived in the West, he would have "choice" and freedom and could be "studied" only if he allowed it himself?

What do you think?
edit on 5/5/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Dig up a copy of The Immortals by James Gunn.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Check out a movie called "The Man From Earth". It is on netflix streaming.

It is basically a discussion and conversation/inquiry about what you speak of. It's not a documentary tho. It's excellent and I recommend it to everyone.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Have you seen this movie?

The man from Earth.

It's about a cro-magnon man surviving into modern times

Here's the full movie

Tfw.

reply to post by JamesTheScribe

Beat me to it!

edit on 5/5/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Hi, I'm from the government. I'm here to help. May I come in? Just to talk, of course.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

No, you may not - go away!

This is why this certain young man would need to get rich, wealthy and influential in order to protect himself. What if, although he were an American citizen and the American government did not cart him off to a "facility", the Chinese decided to kidnap him or something? This is why he would need to be well-protected and financially secure...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

But when I ask these kinds of questions, some of you always think that "people of extreme abilities" will be carted off by some clandestine government agency to be studied - maybe in other countries; but in the West? I find that hard to believe...

Lets say for a moment, you're right. And lets say this person actually makes it into adulthood. Maybe 30 years old, but in reality, 3000 years old. Our system is set up in such a way, there is no way an honest individual like this can live for several decades in western civilization without drawing attention, and raising red flags all over the place. If you think the system is going to let a 3000 year old man/woman walk around unhindered, think again. Our system isn't designed for 3000 year old people. It would be a constant battle for him/her. Let alone all those who will want blood, and anything else they can get. Unless this person becomes a very powerful player among the elitists, even money won't help.

BTW. The Man From Earth is a very interesting movie. Not completely realistic in its approach, but still well done.

edit on 5/5/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Who's going to do the nappies for the first six or seven hundred years would be my first question

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

For years I've wondered why there is a disease such as progeria, and not a disease that extends life.

I remember a weekly show (though I don't remember the name) where a man finds out he will live forever and never get sick. A wealthy, sickly man hires people to hunt him down for the healing qualities in his blood.

Sometimes it's not good to be different.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree.

Also, would the blood of a person with extended longevity really help anyone - i.e. could it help a sickly person; in what way? (Maybe I don't know enough about medicine or I'm having a stupid moment :@@

edit on 5/5/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If he never told anybody would someone eventually notice or would they always die too soon?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I guess it'd really depend on the young man himself. If he told somebody, they'd probably laugh at him - until they were double their age and noticed that he hadn't aged a day!

If he did tell anyone - simple blood and bone etc tests could be done.

But for the one who didn't tell anyone - they would always have to keep "dying" (i.e. faking their deaths) and moving on and changing names and appearances or something.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

Just checked back in. Thanks for posting the video.

I might actually rewatch it tonight.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You really need to rethink that headline.
That feature couldn't be discovered until he had outlived the normal expectance by a considerable amount.
Get the picture? "A young man, therefore, cannot have that distinction.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

DNA testing, no?

I.E. For example, he was involved in an accident and lost a lot of blood etc etc.

top topics

join