It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fed Is Trying Like Crazy, But Nothing It's Doing Can Save The Economy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ROSENBERG: The Fed Is Trying Like Crazy, But Nothing It's Doing Can Save The Economy

Titled "Bernanke: The Wizard Of Potemkin," this presentation offers a sobering look at the anemic U.S. economy, the labor market mess, and the Federal Reserve's controversial efforts to get everything back on track. Source

The Fed, The MSM are trying to push that the economy is picking up, looks like what is presented says otherwise. Such as IMO, as a non expert but an observer, that people have just giving up looking for work-seeing it as a dead end, but that is being misinterpreted as unemployment rates in recovery.

Other charts of interest and in relation to employment/unemployment,

Labor supply is shrinking.

Hiring is down.

Continue for more...

Before you can even think about getting bullish, you must consider the eye-opening charts from Rosenberg's presentation.

See more:
Veteran Wall Street economist David Rosenberg and Gluskin Sheff, strategist, presentation at John Mauldin's Strategic Investment Conference: The Presentation

Source-Business Insider

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Only way to fix it is find a way to get the money that the 1% have and flow it back through the middle class who will spend it and stimulate the economy, jobs etc...

A society can't function when 1% of the people have nearly all the wealth. Earned or not that money must be put back into the hands of people who will spend it. Expenditure of money on goods create demand and jobs.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You're assuming of course that they actually want to save the economy instead of destroying it.

Personally, I see the latter as being true.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Haha trying hard not to be on my usual side but more neutral. If it were my original article I'd replace it with:
"The Fed Is Lying Like Crazy, and It's Doing Nothing To Save The Economy". In agreeing with full intent of consequences. Follow the money.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Don't panic, don't panic.

It's an unraveling of an antiquated institution going through it's death throes.

If people would only realize what is truly important for them without arguing every little detail, a better system just might be the result.

This stuff runs in cycles, and until recently the memory of the past died with those who lived through it.

Maybe technology will be the crucial factor to stop the "Great Forgetting", or "Societal Amnesia".

Those who do not remember history are bound to repeat it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
You're assuming of course that they actually want to save the economy instead of destroying it.

Personally, I see the latter as being true.

Peace

Whats step 2 if step one is crash the economy?

I agree with you, but cant see the other side. I guess it would be an easy way to change the government from a republic into something like fascism. Hmm.

@OP those numbers look really bad.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

If we want to save the economy we are going to have to get people off of their lazy a$$es and get them back to work.

Everywhere I see people who are basically giving up. They are Sick and TIRED of working hard to make $.40 of every dollar they earn and seeing the remaining balance go to TAXES that are being Squandered.

They have damn near lost their Gumption to pursue the American Dream. After All why work hard for someone else if you are Not going to benefit.

As I see it, there is Nothing the feds can do. It is going to take a collective of Government Agencies working together to straighten this whole Mess out.

It is Never good when your GDP is equal to your National Deficit.

Though the economy is Grim and Bleak at best, there is one good thing that may come out of it. The Feds may hold the rate of the 1 Year Treasury Note again this year which means that anyone with a Variable Rate Mortgage will not see their rate adjust this year.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'd sure like to see responsible federal spending. Although I see the Fed as the most idiotic, greedy concept ever to have be introduced by mankind, I think the overwhelming issue is government spending. The federal government is so far out of their charter, it's incomprehensible. They have no business in foreign aid, world policing, or any special interest program. They've lost sight of their enumerated powers and they've achieved the realization that favors buy votes. The way the Fed operates only allows them to hide it for a while.

Thanks for the post and graphs. It's very telling.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner

Those who do not remember history are bound to repeat it.

Actually, History Repeats itself regardless of Who remembers it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It repeats itself because those who are 4 generations from the actual event look at it as if it were a "Mythical" kind of a thing.

Since we have data recording devices everywhere now, maybe the things that happen in history will be considered more seriously by those viewing recordings and so on of it in the future.

Maybe not, maybe the past will be shown to future generations with CGI, passed off as real history, real events, but completely fake.

I am beginning to scare myself now.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels.

This guy was on to something way back when.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
But but but the Dow just peaked over 15000 and unemployment has gone down by a tenth of a percent!

No but really, whenever I talk to people who say that the economy is on the uptick I just point out that the Dow is at a record high yet job growth isn't at a record high. I've yet to see one of these people provide an adequate answer to this question. My favorite response so far has been, "The Dow doesn't reflect the state of the economy." Ok genius if that is the case, then why do we care so much about it?" You'd think that if the Dow represented a healthy economy, then job growth would mirror the Dow. Yet all I see is a massively over inflated bubble that is on the verge of bursting.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I can't seem to make a reasonable prediction based on the data that's been provided recently. I don't think the economy is just going to collapse all of a sudden, it will be gradual, with a sharp collapse at near the end of it.

There was an interesting Mayan prediction that read things were going to accelerate 13 times what they were, and I see it happening as more people are left trying to seek alternative ways to make $$$ Working 2 part time jobs, recycling for a bit of extra cash, using coupons, shopping online as opposed to in stores, riding bikes as opposed to driving cars, working locally as opposed to working at a distance, etc. There will come a breaking point where people will see that pursuing the lifestyle they had is unreasonable and they will seek an alternative. Already we're seeing jobs in healthcare pay less and less as more and more people join the healthcare field to avoid the economic problems.

And no one seems to talk about China who is purchasing a lot of our debt. They are waiting until our money devalues so that they can just come into our country and take our natural resources, build useless things in our country, and other BS to continue their economic warfare on us.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

ROSENBERG: The Fed Is Trying Like Crazy, But Nothing It's Doing Can Save The Economy

They are doing the wrong things.

They are rewarding inefficiency, and suppressing innovation.

Had they let the big inefficient banks fail, lots of smaller innovative bankers would have replaced them long ago.

Instead, they chose to maintain the aging system, continue to reward the non-productive sectors, and as a result stifle the smaller productive enterprises.

It's hard to compete with free money.

If you're big, and get free money from the government because you're big, to keep you going, then every effort I, the small firm, makes to compete with you, is doomed to fail.

I fail, not because I'm not innovative or productive, but simply because you get free funds to play, and I have to pay high interest for my funds.

So, by helping the big, we wipe out the small.

The small plants never get to grow and develop, because the big trees block out all the light in the forrest.

The Forrest rejuvenates itself, when the big trees are allowed to die, they fall down, and the sunlight finally gets to reach all the little plants struggling to reach up, on the Forrest floor.

Success comes, after a catastrophic failure.

Until then, propping up the big trees, delays the inevitable, and just makes the transition more dramatic when it occurs.

Right now, the government is doing like the farmer, who removes all the little shoots, labeling them "weeds", so that the big trees can grow even bigger. The problem is, the big trees have become the real weeds, and are sucking all the nutrients from the soil, while producing no fruit. So, the return on investment is nil.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

The problem can be solved very easily - by manufacturing consumer goods in America rather than importing from Chinese or other countries.

If consumer goods are made in America - almost all unemployed will get jobs.

So it is a good question if TPTB really want people to find employment.

If the elite only further their agenda and only want those people who help in that agenda, then surely a lot of people will not find jobs.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Only way to fix it is find a way to get the money that the 1% have and flow it back through the middle class who will spend it and stimulate the economy, jobs etc...

A society can't function when 1% of the people have nearly all the wealth. Earned or not that money must be put back into the hands of people who will spend it. Expenditure of money on goods create demand and jobs.

That's a fallacy that needs to die a quick death . . .

So, you think those "1%'ers" just sit around in a large room full of money and gold coins, hoarding it and throwing it into the air, like Scrooge McDuck?

They invest/spend that money too, in much larger amounts than the average "99%'er" . . . as they have the money to lose without it effecting their livelihood.

Moreover, the issue, as pointed out, has to do with our manufacturing base. There are no jobs because we don't make anything anymore. Add that to going through the recession, where the average family doesn't waste their income, as in the past. This creates a further lag in our BS economy that has become fueled by consumerism. We are a "service" economy. Which is great when people are wasteful, spend, and don't save. It's why the gov keeps telling people "things are good" . . . "go out and buy stuff". More and more, people are waking up to the foolishness of spending everything they make and the gov's failed policies are catching up to them fast.

Service/Consumer economies are a mirage.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The fed has been lying to us for years. Do you think that they are going to start telling the truth now? This economy was fake before the crash. They were playing with things to try to show economic growth, mostly dumping more taxpayer money into the economy to stimulate it so we did not realize that exporting the jobs had a negative effect on the country. A consumer based economy has never worked in history for long.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve has preformed the job it has set out to do flawlessly. They intend to destroy the United States and world economy . The Federal Reserve is a Private Banking organisation owned by the Banking Elite . They are the Zionist Banksters who are working to create the NWO and a one world monetary system .
As long as the present system is working there would be no need for the Global Currency that they will implement sometime after the collapse . People will be starving to death as economies shut down . A lot of our food comes from other countries as well as other goods that we need .
The plan for destroying America and the rest of the world by these Globalist is called the Protocols of Zion written some 100 or more years ago by the Khazar's and Edomites that try to say they are Jews . A kangaroo court tried to say they were a fraud in 1921 but these same Ashkenazi Jews have fulfilled those protocols to the letter . They can not be denied now .
Have you noticed that the Banksters are these same Jews as well as the owners of the Federal Reserve and World bank and every facet of the Media and News industry just as is proposed in the Protocols .
We talk of our economy but everything in this country is going South as was prescribed in the Protocols .
I can say that everything is going right along as planned ( Including the pretending that they can't do anything about it ) . The Protocols of Zoin are presented by The Real Jew .com and they are worth a read even if you accept the very outdated conclusion that they are a fraud . Make up your own mind .

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

So the entity which has destroyed the economy doesnt know how to "save" it?

Why is it so difficult for them to figure it out when everyone else seems to know?

Why hasnt this cancerous institution been dismantled? After the staged panic of 1907, we were told that the US needed a central bank to protect the economy.

In actuality, the worst economic disasters have occurred not only during the "Fed's" watch but as a direct result of their actions. Everything from the Great Depression to the Housing Bubble to the devaluation of our currency.

The amazing thing about Ron Paul is that hes a Medical Doctor by education and trade. Hes NOT an economist yet his knowledge CRUSHES the establishment "experts".

edit on 6-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The globalist agenda may have merit. There is nothing wrong with trade as it brings efficiency to the market and to the factories.

The problem is not 'free trade' per se.

The problem is partly due to over-population (which suppresses wage rates in over-populated countries) and partly governance failure (which allows destructive industrial policies unhindered).

The focus should be on conservation not on consumerism. There is a lot of superfluous consumption. There is a lot of wastage. If things are optimized, the global system can work very well.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I see the graphs and immediately what comes to mind is the population of 'Baby Boomers' which are retiring. Its just a given. Regardless the labor force, the graph has no other way to go but up. Fiat money will ultimately be subject next to hyper inflation, thats the only scenario it can use to adjust. Along with that, a devaluation in currency. We have got to fall just as the Soviet Union did. Then start anew. Starting anew would likely be a desperate time, with collapse inside the United States. Secession may not be a choice, but a method of survival. Lots of military assets would end up concentrated in the hands of a few States. Citizens would bear the responsibility of their own defense in some cases. The military would become fragmented along with government. The economy is only the surface of the water, while the underneath its a boiling cauldron.

There is Nothing that can be done to save the economy, it's overspent for decades, amassing an untenable debt. Were each and every American to start today to pay this debt, it still could never be paid, not even in two or three generations. So yea, collapse is eminent.
Banking has to fail, to utterly collapse and people refuse to pay and refuse to be removed from their property. Much like homesteading, those on the property will become the owners by default, and a new era will start from there.
How soon? And what would trigger it? Water, agriculture? Weather, Drought, energy?
My thoughts..... if it uses electricity or fuel, it will fail. And what uses that? Everything. Those less tied to energy will survive the best it just goes to reason.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join