It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thread for the newbies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Hi guys

Yes the mods can be intimidating. Yes the T's and C's are a minefield. Yes I still fall foul of them.

However

I've had a few u2u's and some replies from 'newbies' stating that they think they are not interesting enough to post.

I disagree

Please feel free to post a thought that you wanted to make a thread about and then make that thread.

Be prepared to lose that idea to another member if you aren't quick enough.

If your input makes any difference what so ever to a fellow member, especially in a positive way, you made a difference.

If you feel a newbie status is a hindrance you're wrong. Welcome to ATS and please don't be afraid to post, quality will come with time (apparently).

I'll let you know if quality ever rocks up in Codyland

Welcome and enjoy

Cody

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes i agree. Theres people here who are probably a bit scared to post....dont be!!....Get posting and you to could be incredibly cool and good looking like me and cody!!!..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes. Post post post.

I remember when I was new and how intimidated and overwhelmed I was making my first posts. Some of the posters here still amaze, intimidate and overwhelm me! I love it.

What I've realized - you can't learn to swim if you don't jump in the water! As you post, your personality will formulate and people will over a long time of noticing your posts when you chime in - start to get an idea of who you are. It won't happen with a few posts, or even a few hundred. It happens over time as people get to know you. We all are interesting. It's what makes community sites like this so exciting. Experiencing that poster who rocks your mind and helps you reformulate and reconsider everything you thought you knew!

Fun stuff. But your not going to get a feel for it hanging by the waters edge though.

Cirque

new topics

join