It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Words Hurt?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Your words would no doubt have some sort of meaning.

But there is another way you can hurt somebody with words, get a really thick book such as a dictionary preferably one with a hardcover. And throw it at somebody, or smack them with it. Off course then we would go into the iffy details and technical nanarkies of did words really hurt them, or was it the act of throwing a book and physical object at them. Arguing about such things is in many ways tantamount to arguing about that.

Words have no meaning but what you convey and what you give them, in most cases there merely preludes to something which has been decided long ago, the majority of people when communicating by words are merely misunderstanding each other. When a misunderstanding becomes clear, then pain would ensue and from then and there, paths would either converge or split.

Humans being the creatures they are, merely would have no options to opt out of it, our whole mental makeup, and society from the conceptions of human history is nothing but that, words and language are the programing language of human beings. And so words move them, and so words hurt them, and even kill them.

All the wars in all of the histories have begun long before the first tank hit the ground, or the first bullet flew, and the majority of them were started by words or words written on pieces of paper. Yet they mean nothing but to those who they mean something to, and yes all those millions and millions of people in all the world wars before and after literally died for something they gave power and value to. Beyond that it has no meaning but what you try to give it. And it all existed only in there worlds, only in there heads, it was brought to live and into there existence from there. And the consequences of what they believed and gave power to ensued.
edit on 4pmSundaypm172013f0pmSun, 17 Nov 2013 16:26:25 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
galadofwarthethird

galadofwarthethird
Your words would no doubt have some sort of meaning.
But there is another way you can hurt somebody with words, get a really thick book such as a dictionary preferably one with a hardcover. And throw it at somebody, or smack them with it. Off course then we would go into the iffy details and technical nanarkies of did words really hurt them, or was it the act of throwing a book and physical object at them. Arguing about such things is in many ways tantamount to arguing about about that.

Never thought of the physical interpretation of beating someone to death with a 3 inch Chicago phonebook, has happened I hear. I would rephrase or replace 'nanarkie' with 'snarky-isms'. Off course; or of course did you actually hit the object (intended mark) with said weapon (book) and not sprain your wrist in doing so and regret the action? The book lands on the floor face up or down and what page was it turned to? Was it a Dictionary or a Bible (not that it makes a difference only that Ive had an occurance with one of them true).

doubthelegalimplicationsnoprob
Words have no meaning but what you convey and what you give them, in most cases there merely preludes to something which has been decided long ago, the majority of people when communicating by words are merely misunderstanding each other. When a misunderstanding becomes clear, then pain would ensue and from then and there, paths would either converge or split.

Id agree with this except we have no choice in the matter (not being telepathic), I wonder if misunderstandings happen when using sign language; which brings up another thing. Im addressing before even responding to the below. Native American Indians could not get along and murdered, pillaged, raided neighboring nations because of territorial disputes. They used sign language so THATS OFF THE TABLE FOR DISCUSSION.

Galadolfthewarthirddegee
Humans being the creatures they are, merely would have no options to opt out of it, our whole mental makeup, and society from the conceptions of human history is nothing but that, words and language are the programing language of human beings. And so words move them, and so words hurt them, and even kill them.

Well obviously someone is responsible to take the finger pointing *whos to blame* for this miserable conception of sound meets ear and fails to convey human insight in a practical conversational manner which does not incite WAR. I have to say this again (not here before) Premise: World War II; Allied front lines in France, standoff, German/English soldiers. The English come up with a joke that will make anyone whom hears it 'die laughing'. They wax their ears and let the joke fly (in german) at the those soldiers holding the line and win that few 100 yards of French farmland of occupied territory.

gladofwarthethird
All the wars in all of the histories have begun long before the first tank hit the ground, or the first bullet flew, and the majority of them were started by words or words written on pieces of paper. Yet they mean nothing but to those who they mean something to, and yes all those millions and millions of people in all the world wars before and after literally died for something they gave power and value to. Beyond that it has no meaning but what you try to give it. And it all existed only in there worlds, only in there heads, it was brought to live and into there existence from there. And the consequences of what they believed and gave power to ensued.

Pretty sure all wars were planned long in advance of the human. Scripted anomolies shall we say, parts played in a drama human. I wouldnt say the 'constitution' was a badly written document, it was the amendments that contaminated or achilles heeled its value in concise 'wordsmithery'. All of those sacrificial lives knew exactly what they were doing before they even enlisted. Just curious, which war are you glad of instead of the one that hasnt occured?
edit on 17-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I would rephrase or replace 'nanarkie' with 'snarky-isms'. Off course; or of course did you actually hit the object (intended mark) with said weapon (book) and not sprain your wrist in doing so and regret the action?

I like the word nanarkie better, I just made it up to. Maybe I should patent it or something. The least of which books would be usefull would be as physical weapons, yet more people have died because of words on pieces of paper by far, sometimes by the millions. So I dont know you tell me, what is what.

The book lands on the floor face up or down and what page was it turned to? Was it a Dictionary or a Bible (not that it makes a difference only that Ive had an occurance with one of them true).

If one gets hit in the head by the bible does that make them more holy, then if one were to get hit in the head by a dictionary or lets say a cheep romance novel? Truly a conundrum.

I suppose one may even think that if one would read a bible it would make them more holy, or that if one were to read a romance novel it would make them a better lover. Both have been proven to be false theories. However its been proven that if you read the dictionary it may improve your vernacular lexicon. But even that is just a bunch nanarkies.

Id agree with this except we have no choice in the matter (not being telepathic), I wonder if misunderstandings happen when using sign language; which brings up another thing. Im addressing before even responding to the below. Native American Indians could not get along and murdered, pillaged, raided neighboring nations because of territorial disputes. They used sign language so THATS OFF THE TABLE FOR DISCUSSION.

Well like I said, most things are decided long before anybody says a word or even concieves of one. Now what are the chances that any one group of people in the whole history of the world did not murder, rape and pillage neighboring nations regardless of there language or there believes or anything really. Words had little to do with it other then as a catalyst.

Blame nature, blame the very universe your in, those things would have more power over you all then anything you can conceive of. In fact that is one of the reasons language and words were invented, to deal and convince ourself's that we have power over those things which we really have no power over. Its only been thousands and thousands of years, and the only thing that has improved in any nations and the so called civilized nations is merely the complexity of there raping and pillaging. Words have played a great part in all that, yet the results and ends remain pretty much the same.

World War II; Allied front lines in France, standoff, German/English soldiers. The English come up with a joke that will make anyone whom hears it 'die laughing'. They wax their ears and let the joke fly (in german) at the those soldiers holding the line and win that few 100 yards of French farmland of occupied territory.

You know whats a bigger joke? That they all died for practically nothing but the things they believed in. Funny no? Like in the Halo videogames, its nothing but Red VS Blue. Only in real life the loser usually losses, and the winner eventually losses to. Its usually the third party on the sidelines who wins.

Pretty sure all wars were planned long in advance of the human. Scripted anomolies shall we say, parts played in a drama human. I wouldnt say the 'constitution' was a badly written document, it was the amendments that contaminated or achilles heeled its value in concise 'wordsmithery'. All of those sacrificial lives knew exactly what they were doing before they even enlisted.

I am quite sure somebody some thousands of years from now will write a book about it and it will be completely wrong.

Just curious, which war are you glad of instead of the one that hasnt occured?

Its called reading comprehension. Something very few people posses, in fact reading by words is merely most often just seeing what it is you want to see in any number of said words. Which just constantly prove that people dont really look at anything besides the veneer and obvious, that dangling curtain and pretty shapes in front of them. But when its all said, actions speak louder then words. They live in a world were they actually think people saying something, equates to the same people doing what it is they actually said. They all have a false view of the world, a mental painted picture of how things are and how things ought to be, they are all merely living and trapped in the prison of there own minds. Some quite incapable of seeing anything beyond the scope of there perceptions. And others! the more numerous by far cant even see anything beyond the scope of there eye.

So again your words have no meaning to me. If you want me to answer that question you may have to get more specific.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Considering that

words can take decades to heal . . . and many aren't healed the rest of one's life for many people . . . words definitely hurt much worse than broken bones.

Broken bones can heal and folks don't even recall what broke the bone or when.

Yet, hurtful words strike to the bone marrow, to the heart . . . to the gonads . . . with devastating destruction to person-hood; a sense of worth; to one's peace; sometimes to one's sanity.

I belonged to a church once . . . folks were not allowed to say anything negative whatsoever about another member unless they were trying to solve a problem. If they weren't talking to the other person concerned, the one who was listening would give them 2 weeks to go to the other person concerned. Then that 3rd person would arrange a meeting with the 3 of them. Stuff got dealt with fairly pronto. There was less gossip in that church than any other group I've ever been in--virtually none.

I think it's greatly worse for folks who have great degrees of ATTACHMENT DISORDER--particularly if the RAD was caused by hurtful verbal abuse &/or by someone who was particularly demeaning and undermining of confidence in their communications.

LIfe is short. Building one another up is a priceless gift.

Particularly for children.

But really--in this day and age, everyone needs all the encouragement one can get.

The folks hereon who flaunt the civility rule and engage in personal, person-hood assaults are not only breaking the T&C, they are risking breaking the spirit of another precious human being.

We don't know what another person has suffered in their day, week, month, last year. Maybe they lost a child, a job, a spouse. Why add to their burden with hurtful words? Why risk sowing, planting what you likely could not bear to harvest yourself down the road--as definitely we all do . . . from our words.

Hyperbole, satire etc. can be educational, illustrative etc. to a point. But when it is about persons, person-hood, identity, character, . . . that's under the belt.

Ideas are fair game, imho.

Persons, person-hood, hearts, lives, etc. are priceless. Let us guard against lambasting persons.

Let us encourage . . . while we have the opportunity. None of us have the promise of another day alive.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
galadofwarthethird

vethumanbeing
I would rephrase or replace 'nanarkie' with 'snarky-isms'. Off course; or of course did you actually hit the object (intended mark) with said weapon (book) and not sprain your wrist in doing so and regret the action?

Galadof3
I like the word nanarkie better, I just made it up to. Maybe I should patent it or something. The least of which books would be usefull would be as physical weapons, yet more people have died because of words on pieces of paper by far, sometimes by the millions. So I dont know you tell me, what is what.

Words on paper are not the demon here as they can be studied and interpreted. ITs the spoken at a given time that is the problem; this is where gesture and facial expression is so misunderstood. In times of war all negotiators should bury their heads in a pit of sand and speak as an ostrich would. I can tell you that you make up words to suit yourself for one. You cant patent a word unless you are French and this word you made up would then contain many more letters (scribes in France were paid by the letter) 'nanarkie' could morph into or become 'Jetamenanarchiestes' and come to mean in actuality "Where did the Rooster Get off to, to fight with the resistance?".

vethumanbeing
The book lands on the floor face up or down and what page was it turned to? Was it a Dictionary or a Bible (not that it makes a difference only that Ive had an occurance with one of them true).

Galadof3
If one gets hit in the head by the bible does that make them more holy, then if one were to get hit in the head by a dictionary or lets say a cheep romance novel? Truly a conundrum. I suppose one may even think that if one would read a bible it would make them more holy, or that if one were to read a romance novel it would make them a better lover.

I thought you were to sleep with them, say underneath your pillow head site; so as the information seeps into your brain unbenownst to you while dreaming of a childhood past? Not sure reading a bible makes one holy (only if that is ones intent to be informed of past diction unproven and trust the docrine to be somewhat true). Romance novels are Fantacy constructions to take one away from the real. I suppose they both add up to accomplishing the same "driftaway from the real" thing as ascribed (a human that cant understand why its here).

Galadof3
Both have been proven to be false theories. However its been proven that if you read the dictionary it may improve your vernacular lexicon. But even that is just a bunch nanarkies.

Forget the Bible or the phone book as weapons. The dictionary is forgivable for existing; it doesnt expouse anything faithwise, seems pure enough and is inoffensive, depending upon what spelling is used, English modern or Chonchi?

Galadof3
Well like I said, most things are decided long before anybody says a word or even concieves of one. Now what are the chances that any one group of people in the whole history of the world did not murder, rape and pillage neighboring nations regardless of there language or there believes or anything really. Words had little to do with it other then as a catalyst.

I can name one; the Essenes living in Qumran, they isolated themselves from the Romans, the Saducce and the Pharasse specifically for that reason; a radical thinking communal group of the Hebreic or more accurately (quabalistic/numbers rule) nature (time frame 20?BC to 70AD dead sea scrolls writers, hiders and preservers of).

Galadolf3
Blame nature, blame the very universe your in, those things would have more power over you all then anything you can conceive of. In fact that is one of the reasons language and words were invented, to deal and convince ourself's that we have power over those things which we really have no power over. Its only been thousands and thousands of years, and the only thing that has improved in any nations and the so called civilized nations is merely the complexity of there raping and pillaging. Words have played a great part in all that, yet the results and ends remain pretty much the same.

Im not one to blame anything as 'all is written'; why, for civilizations destruction and recreation is to be experienced to max emotional extreme. These insane occurances should be all done by now (one would think). As you say its just become more finite in its application of devious measures.

Galafor3
I am quite sure somebody some thousands of years from now will write a book about it and it will be completely wrong.

Im not sure 'somebody' will exist at that far point in the future. All is being written now and you are a part of it (the virtual library being created as I and you type away).

vethumanbeing
Just curious, which war are you glad of instead of the one that hasnt occured?

Galafor3
Its called reading comprehension. Something very few people posses, in fact reading by words is merely most often just seeing what it is you want to see in any number of said words. Which just constantly prove that people dont really look at anything besides the veneer and obvious, that dangling curtain and pretty shapes in front of them. But when its all said, actions speak louder then words.

This thread was about "words can hurt", so you are saying wars are caused by mans EGOcentricities? Hurt feelings, misunderstandings; ergo read into words anything you like, take it as in insult and dispite the fact you want that land/territory, access to a river; fake it up (there is also the perpetual beast of a constant language barrier/dialects of the same EVEN with the same); well planned yea Gods to start it all out this way, not just the color of our skins, customs.

Galafor3
They live in a world were they actually think people saying something, equates to the same people doing what it is they actually said. They all have a false view of the world, a mental painted picture of how things are and how things ought to be, they are all merely living and trapped in the prison of there own minds. Some quite incapable of seeing anything beyond the scope of there perceptions. And others! the more numerous by far cant even see anything beyond the scope of there eye.

Not sure if the blame game can be called into play as humans were left to their own devices at a certain point in time; left with no ability to access that which created them (those that held the peace in check). What Im saying is no fault should be charged as the 2 legged animals left to roam the field will do as thy wilt, and THIS particular animal is very creative and resourseful.

Galafor3
SO AGAIN YOUR WORDS HAVE NO MEANING FOR ME. If you want me to answer that question you may have to get more specific.

Well that is very generous and gracious of you (which question was that)?
edit on 18-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

ITs the spoken at a given time that is the problem; this is where gesture and facial expression is so misunderstood. In times of war all negotiators should bury their heads in a pit of sand and speak as an ostrich would. I can tell you that you make up words to suit yourself for one. You cant patent a word unless you are French and this word you made up would then contain many more letters (scribes in France were paid by the letter) 'nanarkie' could morph into or become 'Jetamenanarchiestes' and come to mean in actuality "Where did the Rooster Get off to, to fight with the resistance?".

Ya well, if ostriches were so inclined to always bury there head in the sand they would be extinct by now and humans would have no joke or pun to expound on. Besides patent may have been the wrong word, I should have said its nanarkied cremestri slovmext detractary.

I thought you were to sleep with them, say underneath your pillow head site; so as the information seeps into your brain unbenownst to you while dreaming of a childhood past? Not sure reading a bible makes one holy (only if that is ones intent to be informed of past diction unproven and trust the docrine to be somewhat true). Romance novels are Fantacy constructions to take one away from the real. I suppose they both add up to accomplishing the same "driftaway from the real" thing as ascribed (a human that cant understand why its here).

I never actually tried that. I suppose one of these nights I need to sleep with a book under my pillow to see if it actually works better then actually reading it. I suppose I can sleep with a joke book under my pillow that way when I wake up, I will be funnier.

And the difference between fantasy and reality is like that of fact and fiction. Both fiction and fantasy have to make a sort of sense, whilst reality and fact do not. And though some say "a human that cant understand why its here is living in fantasy" I generally now a days like to say that, a human who can understand why its here, would not be here, and would probably have better things to do.

Forget the Bible or the phone book as weapons. The dictionary is forgivable for existing; it doesnt expouse anything faithwise, seems pure enough and is inoffensive, depending upon what spelling is used, English modern or Chonchi?

Only in modern English would you have words alluding to other things in modern English. In old English you would have things alluding to things in either Latin or Gaelic or Greek or any number of other languages. And who knows what language they speak in Chonchi, I am guessing probably dialects of Spanish.

I can name one; the Essenes living in Qumran, they isolated themselves from the Romans, the Saducce and the Pharasse specifically for that reason; a radical thinking communal group of the Hebreic or more accurately (quabalistic/numbers rule) nature (time frame 20?BC to 70AD dead sea scrolls writers, hiders and preservers of).

Never heard of them sorry, or at least I heard of them but did not think they had anything interesting to say. If they wrote the dead sea scrolls. Thats cool cheese.

Im not sure 'somebody' will exist at that far point in the future. All is being written now and you are a part of it (the virtual library being created as I and you type away).

I am quite sure somebody or something thing will exist that far and farther into the futures. Though the farther you go the more "something" would apply to it, more so then "someone" part. At least looking it from our perspective.

This thread was about "words can hurt", so you are saying wars are caused by mans EGOcentricities? Hurt feelings, misunderstandings; ergo read into words anything you like, take it as in insult and dispite the fact you want that land/territory, access to a river; fake it up (there is also the perpetual beast of a constant language barrier/dialects of the same EVEN with the same); well planned yea Gods to start it all out this way, not just the color of our skins, customs.

And yet customs, societies, civilizations, all made by whom? I dont think the gods care the way most people dont really care or can distinguish between one ant or another. I mean sure some ants are a bit different color, but what of it.

What Im saying is no fault should be charged as the 2 legged animals left to roam the field will do as thy wilt, and THIS particular animal is very creative and resourseful.

Somewhat creative, and not really all that resourceful. But I dont know, even the goldfish in the bowl thinks its left to roam the field. Maybe we can be making the same mistake the goldfish is making. Who knows eh. Time will tell, it usually does, and right after that it usually buries it. But in either case we wont be around to know it by then.

That's what I said. See now we are seemingly both confused and on somewhat equal terms about this little guy ---->?

edit on 6pmTuesdaypm192013f2pmTue, 19 Nov 2013 18:39:05 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
galadof3

vethumanbeing
ITs the spoken at a given time that is the problem; this is where gesture and facial expression is so misunderstood. In times of war all negotiators should bury their heads in a pit of sand and speak as an ostrich would. I can tell you that you make up words to suit yourself for one. You cant patent a word unless you are French and this word you made up would then contain many more letters (scribes in France were paid by the letter) 'nanarkie' could morph into or become 'Jetamenanarchiestes' and come to mean in actuality "Where did the Rooster Get off to, to fight with the resistance?".

Galadof3
Ya well, if ostriches were so inclined to always bury there head in the sand they would be extinct by now and humans would have no joke or pun to expound on. Besides patent may have been the wrong word, I should have said its nanarkied cremestri slovmext detractary.

Ostriches are dinosaurs (with feathers) much like they all had probably (not the tyrannosoaurous rex tho) and not thinking about its demise/extinction as they dont think just survive the bush periles. Slovmext detracary? (that sounds suspiciously like a pre-war Polish style crematorium).

VetHB
I thought you were to sleep with them, say underneath your pillow head site; so as the information seeps into your brain unbenownst to you while dreaming of a childhood past? Not sure reading a bible makes one holy (only if that is ones intent to be informed of past diction unproven and trust the docrine to be somewhat true). Romance novels are Fantasy constructions to take one away from the real. I suppose they both add up to accomplishing the same "driftaway from the real" thing as ascribed (a human that cant understand why its here).

Galadof3
I never actually tried that. I suppose one of these nights I need to sleep with a book under my pillow to see if it actually works better then actually reading it. I suppose I can sleep with a joke book under my pillow that way when I wake up, I will be funnier.

Funny is always better; you should see my face/standoffs with Satan using 'funny words' it cannot understand. These techniques really make IT angry (ironisms or wordplay-smithisms) it cannot grasp as has no understanding of humor.

Galadof3
And the difference between fantasy and reality is like that of fact and fiction. Both fiction and fantasy have to make a sort of sense, whilst reality and fact do not. And though some say "a human that cant understand why its here is living in fantasy" I generally now a days like to say that, a human who can understand why its here, would not be here, and would probably have better things to do.

VHB
Forget the Bible or the phone book as weapons. The dictionary is forgivable for existing; it doesnt expouse anything faithwise, seems pure enough and is inoffensive, depending upon what spelling is used, English modern or Conchi?

Galadof3
Only in modern English would you have words alluding to other things in modern English. In old English you would have things alluding to things in either Latin or Gaelic or Greek or any number of other languages. And who knows what language they speak in Conchi, I am guessing probably dialects of Spanish.

Im of a modern English personage (blame it on my heritage). Conchi is the ancient form of Chinese writing, pictoforms, hierogliphs in Egyptian writings, or Maya (man standing under tree as a graphic) becomes 'here is a man under a tree'.

VeteranSuperBeing

Galadof3
Never heard of them sorry, or at least I heard of them but did not think they had anything interesting to say. If they wrote the dead sea scrolls. Thats cool cheese.

No way. Certainly you never heard of the people that hid their vast knowledge in terricotta jars in 70AD (on papyrus scrolls) for mankind to re-discover in 1948? Planned even, goatherders.

Vethumanbeing

Galadof3
I am quite sure somebody or something thing will exist that far and farther into the futures. Though the farther you go the more "something" would apply to it, more so then "someone" part. At least looking it from our perspective.

Sure, God will exist as a certainty, and as you say his Boss and ITS Boss as well. Where will we be, on another 'vacation planet destination' preserved existing as an 'Exhibit" "Earthling" thought to be circa 400,000BC to 2200 AD.

VeteranHB

Galadof3
And yet customs, societies, civilizations, all made by whom? I dont think the gods care the way most people dont really care or can distinguish between one ant or another. I mean sure some ants are a bit different color, but what of it.

They need to get along with each other and different species of ants have found a way not to kill one another (territorial disputes solved in a most insectual practical fashion). We were as humans developed by the 4th, 5th and 6th ideaform genetisists and were separated (FOR A REASON) by physical boundries, mountains, seas and when we conquered those logistics all hell broke loose (free for all).

VHB
What Im saying is no fault should be charged as the 2 legged animals left to roam the field will do as thy wilt, and THIS particular animal is very creative and resourseful.

Galadof3
Somewhat creative, and not really all that resourceful. But I dont know, even the goldfish in the bowl thinks its left to roam the field. Maybe we can be making the same mistake the goldfish is making. Who knows eh. Time will tell, it usually does, and right after that it usually buries it. But in either case we wont be around to know it by then.

Goldfish have a 24 hour memory maximum, they swim for a day and have forgotten the prior day to then experience a BRAND NEW DAY.

VHB

Galadolf3
That's what I said. See now we are seemingly both confused and on somewhat equal terms about this little guy ---->?

I dont think either of us is confused about anything.
edit on 19-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I believe words are what the receiver makes them to be. If you come at me and spew venom and I choose not to be affected then I will not be affected. I've grown past it. I'm beyond that

No I am not a mystical being or god like, I just don't care

Look if I harm someone and they tell me hateful things then I have earned them. However, if I do nothing and people say hateful things out of bigotry or whatever it is then I choose to not be concerned. My only concern is what that poor soul must have gone through in order to take time out of their lives to hate me

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Biologically speaking, Our nervous systems are biased towards cues in the environment. How do we know if this animal is safe? Is it growling? If it is, our brains neuroreceptive system signals the amygdala to kick into gear HPA axis activity i.e. an emotional reaction. Mind you, an intelligent reaction.

If the rise in censorship, political correctness and verbal bullying is any indication of a growing superstition and credulity towards words,

Do you bother analyzing such statements? Or do you write them for emotional affect? Human beings - like all organisms - need to be aware of environmental cues in order to survive. If nature demonstrates one basic consistency, it's that all organisms seek their own self survival.

Taking this as a principle to start from, it's ridiculous to assume that peoples taking words and other social cues "badly" is somehow on "the rise", as if it hasn't always been a part of human social experience. And even if they do take words "badly" i.e. experience emotional pain from it, what help does this efflorescent language do?

The child knows this, and the child is always right.

As someone who works with children (I'm a psychologist) I'm not quite sure where you get this idea. I suppose this is one of those "mythologies" we give of childhood awareness.

Although children are relaxed and natural in wonderful ways, they are also uniquely sensitive to words. Perhaps it's not those you speak of when you glorify children, but the children I work with (as a traumatologist) very much feel the scars of inadequate communication. An aberrant look; a wry expression; an off gesture; an overly deep voice. All these and more affect and even regulate a child's emotional reality.

Children cannot be reduced to this or that type of emotional experience. Yes, their diminished sense of the pressures we adults become inured to is something to be envied; but that doesn't mean this quality has unequivocally positive expressions. On the otherside, children who are abused "absorb" their abuse with the same type of utter cognitive unawareness that the happy go-lucky adapted kids do. On this side of the coin, you can see what "words" and faces, and voices can do to human beings. Remember and don't forget: information is transmitted through sensory organs. We derive any sense of knowledge from the world - and it's "bits" of information - that it conveys to us. As well as "interoceptors" in the body.

While I can appreciate - OUT OF CONTEXT - what you're saying in this particular thread, it's difficult for me to disentangle it from the general gist of your philosophy: that words aren't real; that concepts aren't real; and therefore, nothing we can think or say is real. You are an incredibly radical thinker - in a way that for me grossly contrasts with my own sense of reality.

That said, I do believe that it's important that people learn how to disentangle their internal feeling states from external factors. In psychology, this is called affect regulation. The psychologist Allan Schore has written some incredibly interesting ideas on this subject in a language far more technical and subtle, supplemented by neurobiology, than anyone else I've read.

Human beings can choose to be conscious of things "out there" - which in effect, is just being preoccupied with your cognitive thinking - or, conversely, we can be aware of our "affect" i.e. feeling, states. Imagine you enter a situation where you normally become anxious. What do you when this anxiety begins? Do you nip it at the bud by becoming aware and steadily "bringing yourself down" to a more relaxed bodily state? Or do you start thinking, effectively locking the emotion up in body and mind? Most people start thinking. Kids who experience trauma "dissociate" - they become so frozen in a nervous/anxious state of bodily feeling, peppered by high heart rate and short breaths, that they seem only aware of their fear, of their anxiety, of their own thinking. Trauma, you could say, is the ultimate state of reification. The pain caused from "without" at some point back in time, becomes "frozen" in the persons nervous system. The words continue to abuse because their bodies haven't forgotten the echo.

Honestly, I think this will always be something human beings contend with. Hopefully, we'll get better at it. But I don't think "perfect'" is possible.

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

To put it pithily.

The nervous system is a receiver and recorder of our experiences.

Trauma from "words" etch deep into our neural hardware. The body is always listening; always responding. It is a very real thing.

It is something we must live with (both literally and figuratively). It gives us the energy to move, laugh, play; but if we feed it negative stimuli it'll make us chronically depressed, angry, anxious, dissociated.

Words have power because "limitation" has power. What are words but a limit on possible sounds and meanings? What is a body but a limit? A limited height, weight (at any moment), body type, skin color, hair color, and eventually, a life span?

Just something to think about.

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Slovmext detracary? (that sounds suspiciously like a pre-war Polish style crematorium).

No. Its more like a momentous procrastination. And Ostriches are not quite so cowardly of birds as people make them out to be, after all like you said they are one of the direct descendents of the dinosaurs. But hey at 8 ft tall and 300 pounds there not something to just walk to and mess with, especially in matting season like this guy found out.

Funny is always better; you should see my face/standoffs with Satan using 'funny words' it cannot understand. These techniques really make IT angry (ironisms or wordplay-smithisms) it cannot grasp as has no understanding of humor.

You talk to satan? In my experience with the various satans out there, is that there quite on the funny side and very much so have a sense of humor. Its just that you or I or most people would not consider it all that funny.

Conchi is the ancient form of Chinese writing, pictoforms, hierogliphs in Egyptian writings, or Maya (man standing under tree as a graphic) becomes 'here is a man under a tree'.

So did the Egyptians. And yes they all did walk around arms raised and sideways all funny and stuff. I must of mistyped typed conchi in the Google because all it gave me was a town somewhere in South America I think.

No way. Certainly you never heard of the people that hid their vast knowledge in terricotta jars in 70AD (on papyrus scrolls) for mankind to re-discover in 1948? Planned even, goatherders.

Yes way...I have heard of them, even read something about it. I did not think it important, generally nothing important has come from that area and locale. In fact the whole world would have been better of if all those various tribes went extinct ages ago.

So what is the big deal about it?

Sure, God will exist as a certainty, and as you say his Boss and ITS Boss as well. Where will we be, on another 'vacation planet destination' preserved existing as an 'Exhibit" "Earthling" thought to be circa 400,000BC to 2200 AD.

I have seen the far future. And there are no humans in it. But you know that this game we play called life is a zero sum game, the same can, it has, and will be said of everything else. For some its much more closer then they think.

They need to get along with each other and different species of ants have found a way not to kill one another (territorial disputes solved in a most insectual practical fashion). We were as humans developed by the 4th, 5th and 6th ideaform genetisists and were separated (FOR A REASON) by physical boundries, mountains, seas and when we conquered those logistics all hell broke loose (free for all).

Ants fight and go to war with eachother all the time, pretty much every creature on the face of this planet does the same thing. The only real reason why different species of ants do not go to war is because throughout the millenia it has happened, and it has also happened, that in all, it is best for the colonies if they stay in there respective borders. By trial and error it has come to be that Its just not mutually not beneficial. But in this universe everything is generally on its way to a collision from human natures, to societies, to the cells in your body, to even the atoms those cells are made off, even ideas concepts and thoughts collide with eachother all the time. I mean it only happens on ATS each and every day. You could even say that this very universe we life in, is one of either constant collision, or constant moving apart. For all we know war just may be a universal law.

But ya the ants march to war. In fact many of the past human war tactician studied ants to better learn about war and the nature of the living and the universe. Achilles private army or soldiers which he used to go into war were called the myrmidons, which is synonymous with many things and came to mean many things, but it originally meant ants.

Goldfish have a 24 hour memory maximum, they swim for a day and have forgotten the prior day to then experience a BRAND NEW DAY.

Some of us should be so lucky... Or...Well it all just depends on how you look at it and the day in question.

edit on 9amThursdayam212013f4amThu, 21 Nov 2013 09:21:15 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
galadofwarthethird

VHB
Slovmext detracary? (that sounds suspiciously like a pre-war Polish style crematorium).

Galadof3
No. Its more like a momentous procrastination. And Ostriches are not quite so cowardly of birds as people make them out to be, after all like you said they are one of the direct descendents of the dinosaurs. But hey at 8 ft tall and 300 pounds there not something to just walk to and mess with, especially in matting season like this guy found out.

Very funny, they seem kindly (doe eyed even) when you have a fence barrier between potencial body mass blood letting. Feet and legs; definately dinosaur.

VHB

Galadof3
You talk to satan? In my experience with the various satans out there, is that there quite on the funny side and very much so have a sense of humor. Its just that you or I or most people would not consider it all that funny.

I have. They are NOT funny I suppose if you are playing in its/their arena of 9 and It has the upperhand. Not in mine wherein it/they does not. Its not something I would advise anyone to conjour play funsterisms with. Oh the jesting and joksterisms Ive experienced; but you are right another person would not think the pranks and 'paranormal' 'demon'-strations
funny at all. I do injoy the chinese fingerpull word traps with them; they have not gotten the better of me yet. Why would it/they want to speak to me you might wonder (because if I have a direct line to Origin they felt it only fair to be able to speak to/address the other side of the pancake from their perspective).

VHB
Conchi is the ancient form of Chinese writing, pictoforms, hierogliphs in Egyptian writings, or Maya (man standing under tree as a graphic) becomes 'here is a man under a tree'.

Galadof3
So did the Egyptians. And yes they all did walk around arms raised and sideways all funny and stuff. I must of mistyped typed conchi in the Google because all it gave me was a town somewhere in South America I think.

You wrote 'Chonchi' instead.

VHB

Regarding the Essenes:
No way. Certainly you never heard of the people that hid their vast knowledge in terracotta jars in 70AD (on papyrus scrolls) for mankind to re-discover in 1948? Planned even, goatherders.
found them.

Galadof3
Yes way...I have heard of them, even read something about it. I did not think it important, generally nothing important has come from that area and locale. In fact the whole world would have been better of if all those various tribes went extinct ages ago. So what is the big deal about it?

The Dead Sea Scrolls or those that wrote them? The Essenses were sect of the Hebrew tradition, they were the Gnostics that held hidden information about the real revelations regarding the humans inception, its makers and all of the mysteries or metaphysics regarding energy transformation, levitation of heavy objects using quartz and sound. They retained the original knowledge handed down from the annunaki 400,000 years prior. Freemasons (in this day and age STILL) are the keepers of this sacred geometry. The Essenses were routed out by the Romans in 70ad, (a small dangerous sect (according to the Saducce and Pharasee). They isolated themselves for this reason and lived within a 'communal' circumstance. Women and men equals. Jesus spent some of his teenage years there age 13 to 19? before he left to travel the world with Joseph of Aramethea his godfather the rich tin merchant. Take out of this one thing, Gnostism was reborn HERE in MODERN form within the Essene tradition in leaving 'the dead sea scrolls' as varification.

VHB

Galadof3
I have seen the far future. And there are no humans in it. But you know that this game we play called life is a zero sum game, the same can, it has, and will be said of everything else. For some its much more closer then they think.

I have only heard of what the earth will look like in the year 3000ad. Im not sure its this one but a metaphor a division (earth splits into 2 one just of a higher vibraton), the other one (this) a prison planet or museum to mans desecration of its environment (deficating in its livingroom).

VHB

Galadof3
In this universe everything is generally on its way to a collision from human natures, to societies, to the cells in your body, to even the atoms those cells are made off, even ideas concepts and thoughts collide with eachother all the time. I mean it only happens on ATS each and every day. You could even say that this very universe we life in, is one of either constant collision, or constant moving apart. For all we know war just may be a universal law.

Collisions are a MAIN causative for change (they have to exist) otherwise we remain in statious; static mode no change; everything must be in motion. If more people understood this was the role for the human to exact change (not play victim) except the properties of this universe trying to explain itself to itself I wonder if that would help (everyone volunteered to be here in the first place, these times). Change is violent it never just slips about unnoticed.

Galadof3
But ya the ants march to war. In fact many of the past human war tactician studied ants to better learn about war and the nature of the living and the universe. Achilles private army or soldiers which he used to go into war were called the myrmidons, which is synonymous with many things and came to mean many things, but it originally meant ants.

I can see Rommel now, studying the patterns of ant movement in northern Africa during WII. He studied Julius Ceasars war tactic memoires I hear; (so did Patton) this is very interesting since you brought up Achilles.

edit on 21-11-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Very funny, they seem kindly (doe eyed even) when you have a fence barrier between potencial body mass blood letting. Feet and legs; definately dinosaur.

Them lizards were more then just feet and legs and you know that. What about those raptors, they were smarter then a pack a wolfs and more sharper then a troupe of chimps. And all of that was millions and millions of years before both wolfs and chimps came on the scene. There are many holes in history my friend.

I have. They are NOT funny I suppose if you are playing in its/their arena of 9 and It has the upperhand. Not in mine wherein it/they does not. Its not something I would advise anyone to conjour play funsterisms with. Oh the jesting and joksterisms Ive experienced; but you are right another person would not think the pranks and 'paranormal' 'demon'-strations funny at all. I do injoy the chinese fingerpull word traps with them; they have not gotten the better of me yet. Why would it/they want to speak to me you might wonder (because if I have a direct line to Origin they felt it only fair to be able to speak to/address the other side of the pancake from their perspective).

ya well. Plenty of inter, outer and multidimensionals around. Devils, demons, gods and talking goats all in tow. There Demon strations while amusing for a while, its a bit like those guys who get you to watch one hand while the other is reaching in your pocket. So many satans, I really have lost track of them all, one boogieman is as boogie as another I suppose.

You wrote 'Chonchi' instead.

Yup thats the one. X marks the spot, a cool little town from all that I did not see.

The Dead Sea Scrolls or those that wrote them? The Essenses were sect of the Hebrew tradition, they were the Gnostics that held hidden information about the real revelations regarding the humans inception, its makers and all of the mysteries or metaphysics regarding energy transformation, levitation of heavy objects using quartz and sound. They retained the original knowledge handed down from the annunaki 400,000 years prior.

Those dam annunaki leaving all there crap around like that. One aliens trash is another humans treasure I suppose.

Sounds cool its about time somebody invented some sort of device which can make the fridge float. Think about it, when we can finally make the fridge float then there will be no need to get off the couch or off the computer to raid the fridge. You can just hit a switch and it will magically float to you, nobody will ever be bothered by such petty inconveniences as getting up or walking anymore. Amazing no?

They isolated themselves for this reason and lived within a 'communal' circumstance. Women and men equals. Jesus spent some of his teenage years there age 13 to 19? before he left to travel the world with Joseph of Aramethea his godfather the rich tin merchant. Take out of this one thing, Gnostism was reborn HERE in MODERN form within the Essene tradition in leaving 'the dead sea scrolls' as varification.

Any religion or believe that preaches the need to be saved or found is likely already lost. Some just need verification that there lost or they would not believe it.

I have only heard of what the earth will look like in the year 3000ad. Im not sure its this one but a metaphor a division (earth splits into 2 one just of a higher vibraton), the other one (this) a prison planet or museum to mans desecration of its environment (deficating in its livingroom).

Yup, I suppose thats one way to look at it. Not like we need anymore abaddon class planets in this vibration, but hey what do I know. Its actually not a bad idea in conception. Things shift all the time, sometimes drastically. Merely one of many futures.

Collisions are a MAIN causative for change (they have to exist) otherwise we remain in statious; static mode no change; everything must be in motion. If more people understood this was the role for the human to exact change (not play victim) except the properties of this universe trying to explain itself to itself I wonder if that would help (everyone volunteered to be here in the first place, these times). Change is violent it never just slips about unnoticed.

Change happens all the time and people do not notice it. Its only when its violent that they tend to notice it, and then only when its in there proximity. But yes, people must be made aware that things change, it seems like there surprised every time that happens. After all the only universal constant is change.

I can see Rommel now, studying the patterns of ant movement in northern Africa during WII. He studied Julius Ceasars war tactic memoires I hear; (so did Patton) this is very interesting since you brought up Achilles.

Ya well, its likely that the ants will be here long before were gone. Who knows some many billions of years from now they can even evolve into there own little ant world planet, and ant societies, they may even build skyscrapers and pyramids. Off course they would be on a much smaller scale, but impressive none the less. Ever seen that movie planet of the apes? Like that only not so redundant.

And I read some of Caesars books I think the dude intentionally gave bad advice and tactics with the hope that somebody someday would take it to heart. And then he will capitalize on that mistake.

The dude comes of as a comedian in some of his writing what with the always referring to himself in the third person. Caesar went here, Cesar then build a bridge, at which point Caesar split his forces in two divisions in the conquest of Gaul, at which point I Caesar went to the baths and had himself some alone time with Caesar.
edit on 8pmThursdaypm212013f4pmThu, 21 Nov 2013 20:19:55 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
galadofwarthethird

Galadof3

(Regarding the 9 demons)
ya well. Plenty of inter, outer and multidimensionals around. Devils, demons, gods and talking goats all in tow. There Demon strations while amusing for a while, its a bit like those guys who get you to watch one hand while the other is reaching in your pocket. So many satans, I really have lost track of them all, one boogieman is as boogie as another I suppose.

So many small Satans that believe themselves larger than life (oh; so that is where the jealousy of the human comes in, not allowed to be A human just possess one all 9 at once). Did you know the largest number of possessions happens in Rome to devout Catholics.

VeteranHumanBeing
The Dead Sea Scrolls or those that wrote them? The Essenses were sect of the Hebrew tradition, they were the Gnostics that held hidden information about the real revelations regarding the humans inception, its makers and all of the mysteries or metaphysics regarding energy transformation, levitation of heavy objects using quartz and sound. They retained the original knowledge handed down from the annunaki 400,000 years prior.

Galadof3
Those dam annunaki leaving all there crap around like that. One aliens trash is another humans treasure I suppose.
Sounds cool its about time somebody invented some sort of device which can make the fridge float. Think about it, when we can finally make the fridge float then there will be no need to get off the couch or off the computer to raid the fridge. You can just hit a switch and it will magically float to you, nobody will ever be bothered by such petty inconveniences as getting up or walking anymore. Amazing no?

Not sure how that information survived; I hear the Jews were the 'chosen ones' but the intirely WRONG sect apparently, the Essenes in Qumran who were obliterated by the Romans in 70AD by the order of the other 2 sects. How funny and 'ironical' (hope no one is listening). Floatation devices using a quartz crystal to commendier the fridge coordinates, (this way a little more). It all solved the problem for me (quartz movement watchtime).

VHB
They isolated themselves for this reason and lived within a 'communal' circumstance. Women and men equals. Jesus spent some of his teenage years there age 13 to 19? before he left to travel the world with Joseph of Aramethea his godfather the rich tin merchant. Take out of this one thing, Gnostism was reborn HERE in MODERN form within the Essene tradition in leaving 'the dead sea scrolls' as varification.

Galadof3
Any religion or belief that preaches the need to be saved or found is likely already lost. Some just need verification that they are lost or they would not believe it.

This is something Ive not thought about yet rings very true. Can I use this as my byline, or you should (this is PROFOUND in a very troubling sense). A belief system that is in doubt of itself and needs saving is not in realization or justification of a truth, they are lost and wouldnt believe the truth if shown anyway (maybe thats the point--continual searching or comfort in NOT KNOWING).

VetterOftheHuman

Galadof3
Yup, I suppose thats one way to look at it. Not like we need anymore abaddon class planets in this vibration, but hey what do I know. Its actually not a bad idea in conception. Things shift all the time, sometimes drastically. Merely one of many futures.

There are many possibles, dimensions, futures. They will pop into being when enough decide (energywise) it happens. In another thread (should have responded to) someone said things just occure or happen/stance. No, it take concerted energy to manefest architypes, and or destroy them (champion of that me here). Prison planet (the worst of what this world was relegated to put up with) is an interesting idea to me, as long as its soul resides in another bodyform. A new shiny earth; (thats me speaking as a naive 6 year old).

VHB

Galadof3
Ya well, its likely that the ants will be here long before were gone. Who knows some many billions of years from now they can even evolve into there own little ant world planet, and ant societies, they may even build skyscrapers and pyramids. Off course they would be on a much smaller scale, but impressive none the less. Ever seen that movie planet of the apes? Like that only not so redundant.

You would be surprised why the insects are here, they rule this planet, always have and why are they here? You would think all of our creators are human in form, they are not (some of them look like giant grasshoppers, and the other creator beings are lizards). Planet of the Apes was one of those 'insert' idea movies that the human had to witness 'a possibilty of occurance'. This was one of the better ones.

Galadof3
And I read some of Caesars books I think the dude intentionally gave bad advice and tactics with the hope that somebody someday would take it to heart. And then he will capitalize on that mistake.

You are not saying he was originally from Alabama, Georgia, or Mississippi? Those southerners are always looking to give directions to lost northerners; and misguided opposite directions of course.

Galadof3
The dude comes off as a comedian in some of his writing what with the always referring to himself in the third person. Caesar went here, Caesar then build a bridge, at which point Caesar split his forces in two divisions in the conquest of Gaul, at which point I Caesar went to the baths and had himself some alone time with Caesar.

Third person means he was athletic and well known. Mohammed Ali had this one down as do many football? players. Here is the funny thing about Julius, he was never a Caesar in the way Tiberius or Augustus was; I can see him now speaking privately to Cleopatra in the 'third person' Caesar now/in future might do such and such and then perhaps Caesar will do this with the person Cleopatra; but only after Caesar spends quality time in the baths 2 or 3 hours resting beforehand.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

So many small Satans that believe themselves larger than life (oh; so that is where the jealousy of the human comes in, not allowed to be A human just possess one all 9 at once). Did you know the largest number of possessions happens in Rome to devout Catholics.

Ya well I keep all my demons on a short leash, and some of my demons keep me on a short leash. This whole place is a feeding ground for some of them, so ya the majority of possessed they would not know or have any idea they are possessed. The end results through out time generally tend to tell what is what. But word to the wise. Blood is in the water, there gathering, so eventually some a thing is going to a give.

Not sure how that information survived; I hear the Jews were the 'chosen ones' but the intirely WRONG sect apparently, the Essenes in Qumran who were obliterated by the Romans in 70AD by the order of the other 2 sects. How funny and 'ironical' (hope no one is listening). Floatation devices using a quartz crystal to commendier the fridge coordinates, (this way a little more). It all solved the problem for me (quartz movement watchtime).

Oh seems quite plausible, but I think this place has become more technological then it can really grasp and understand. Some other time maybe. But using quartz crystals to make things float. Well who knows eh. Some materials in this world are sort of the antithesis of others, and its all just good vibrations.

Ever try the ceramic spark plug thing. I have yet to try it because I dont just have car windows sitting around which I can trash, but a few people I know have verified this little trick. If your gonna try it you do have to put a little velocity into it however. So ya dude who knows, maybe a bit of electricity and the right materials at the right velocity and right charges, and something may float, that or BOOM.

This is something Ive not thought about yet rings very true. Can I use this as my byline, or you should (this is PROFOUND in a very troubling sense). A belief system that is in doubt of itself and needs saving is not in realization or justification of a truth, they are lost and wouldnt believe the truth if shown anyway (maybe thats the point--continual searching or comfort in NOT KNOWING).

Many things in this world are there own antithesis.

There are many possibles, dimensions, futures. They will pop into being when enough decide (energywise) it happens. In another thread (should have responded to) someone said things just occure or happen/stance. No, it take concerted energy to manefest architypes, and or destroy them (champion of that me here). Prison planet (the worst of what this world was relegated to put up with) is an interesting idea to me, as long as its soul resides in another bodyform. A new shiny earth; (thats me speaking as a naive 6 year old).

Nothing in all of existence just happens and everything is generally maintained by someone or something, when that someone or something moves on, then whatever it maintained will follow.

And speaking of prisons. I mean if you were to make a prison here on earth to keep, house, and maintain some of the most sick and twisted individuals till such a time as they have learned there lesson how would you do it. It would no doubt involve a building somewhere far away from the general populous and island maybe far at sea were no one can come and go and were they would have to learn to keep things going or die.

Well funny no that this earth shares many of such similarities, smack dam in the middle of nowhere, with the chances of getting off slim to none, but if you do get off some sort of corroborations is involved. And even when you do get off, were would you go? Lets say humans get off earth and colonize mars, terraform and all that. Well what then? OK so lets say, they get off mars and colonize other planets, and the same things and patterns tough a bit different ensue. Well OK, so you have just colonized a bunch of worlds. But what then? So lets say they colonize the whole galaxy, imagine all that you see now only on every planet? I mean how many variations on life do you think humans are capable of doing. But lets say you reach the ends of this physical universe, which is not likely...The question still remains....What then?

You would be surprised why the insects are here, they rule this planet, always have and why are they here? You would think all of our creators are human in form, they are not (some of them look like giant grasshoppers, and the other creator beings are lizards). Planet of the Apes was one of those 'insert' idea movies that the human had to witness 'a possibilty of occurance'. This was one of the better ones.

It is quite evident that insects and other such critters in a few billions of years would be able to surpass mankind in many things. This place is a sort of breeding ground also, so yes you can say with some certaintiy that the cockroach will be around for a long long time. As for lizards and all that, even by human history and logic they seem to have had a headstart on evolution by a few millions if not billion years.

And yet this.

In all those millions of years, evolved into this.

You are not saying he was originally from Alabama, Georgia, or Mississippi? Those southerners are always looking to give directions to lost northerners; and misguided opposite directions of course.

No I am saying he was deliberately being deceptive. But as you know war is generally the art of deception.

Third person means he was athletic and well known. Mohammed Ali had this one down as do many football? players. Here is the funny thing about Julius, he was never a Caesar in the way Tiberius or Augustus was; I can see him now speaking privately to Cleopatra in the 'third person' Caesar now/in future might do such and such and then perhaps Caesar will do this with the person Cleopatra; but only after Caesar spends quality time in the baths 2 or 3 hours resting beforehand.

I think he mostly used it as a joke in his writing to mess with peoples heads. But in sports or in many things its actually a metal method to remove yourself or to sort of get rid of some of the inherent fears humans are based with. If you constantly see yourself in the third person, and think of yourself in the third person, it does change your mental mind frame. Many athletes and warriors even way back before Cesare used a sort of method like this to alleviate there fears and to cope with some things. Today it is sort even being implanted on a massive scale world wide, the whole gladiator spectator thing in Rome was a sort of third person mind scope that was used on the populous to make them believe there in control and to sort of make them forget the #hole they were living in. As you can see, it worked and does work...Breed and circuses I do believe its called now a days, but the whole method goes farther back then that, much farther. Its even a way yogis through induced states escape there physical bounds for a moment or two. The third person looking in and down on himself. Kind of like the third person perspective in videogames.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

I appreciate your analysis. Allow me to explain further, in the hopes that what I'm saying doesn't seem so radical in the end.

I think the fact that a word, however offensive, can be used in multiple contexts, with a different emotional response to each context, shows that it is not the word itself doing damage. The same word could be used in the form of a joke, and an emotional response might be joy. How can it be joy once but shame another?

I just don’t see how words, being nothing but scratches on paper, can illicit such a response. If the word itself could do harm, the act of uttering it or writing it would cause harm to him who spoke it. It cannot be the words that cause harm, or the intention behind them, but how they are received. This is my metaphysical point.

Building off that, I can agree that receiving the words a certain way might become habitual, and hearing a word may trigger one to take certain emotional precautions (excuse my layman’s terms) or responses, but only because the words are associated with an experience, and not the cause of it. The words are merely reminders of an experience, and not in themselves experiences.

As someone who works with children (I'm a psychologist) I'm not quite sure where you get this idea. I suppose this is one of those "mythologies" we give of childhood awareness.

What I was trying to say somewhat vaguely was that a child who does not understand a word cannot be harmed by it. They don’t know what it means therefore they don’t respond emotionally to it. There’s no experience that these words are tied to, and therefor no reason to fear them. I’m sure if you told a child he was going to be a sociopath when he grew up, he would have no problem with such a diagnosis, because he has no clue what the word "sociopath" means. So how come these words don’t hurt the child, whereas an adult might have a tough time with such a declaration? Therefore, it is not the words that hurt, but how they are received.

While I can appreciate - OUT OF CONTEXT - what you're saying in this particular thread, it's difficult for me to disentangle it from the general gist of your philosophy: that words aren't real; that concepts aren't real; and therefore, nothing we can think or say is real. You are an incredibly radical thinker - in a way that for me grossly contrasts with my own sense of reality.

I feel I’m being misunderstood, although I do try hard to be enigmatic. I don’t think that words and ideas aren’t real, only that we refuse to be honest about what they are for reasons unknown. Although I may say words and ideas don’t exist, I mean only that they don’t exist how we’ve always been led to believe they exist. As a principle, I believe that everything exists, so I want to relate as best I can, by examining actual words and ideas and not my preconceived notions about them, what they exist as. So far, this is all I could come up with—a purely superficial approach to philosophy—and like you, it contrasts with my own views. I like to think words have the power to move nations.

Imagine you enter a situation where you normally become anxious. What do you when this anxiety begins? Do you nip it at the bud by becoming aware and steadily "bringing yourself down" to a more relaxed bodily state? Or do you start thinking, effectively locking the emotion up in body and mind? Most people start thinking. Kids who experience trauma "dissociate" - they become so frozen in a nervous/anxious state of bodily feeling, peppered by high heart rate and short breaths, that they seem only aware of their fear, of their anxiety, of their own thinking.

Trauma, you could say, is the ultimate state of reification. The pain caused from "without" at some point back in time, becomes "frozen" in the persons nervous system. The words continue to abuse because their bodies haven't forgotten the echo.

I think this is an interesting point and I believe it true. There are certain traumatic experiences of my own that illicit emotional responses when I am reminded of them; and indeed words are sometimes included within these memories. I also like the analogy of the echo.

But like I said, I don’t think the words are the cause of the pain from “without”, they are only a correlation and not the cause of said experience. It isn’t the words that abuse, it is only that they remind the body of the experience because they were a part of that experience. I have a friend who has PTSD from many tours overseas. While watching fireworks, he freaked and had to be physically lifted out of there. But it would be wrong of me to say that the fireworks, or loud bangs, are the cause of his pain. Loud bangs don’t continue to abuse him, they are only guilty by association. The pain comes from the "echo"—or to be more precise—himself.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

How do you continue to separate words from their meaning and the intention behind them in the context of this thread(suicide after ongoing verbal abuse to a depressed person)?
The person who hears and understands the abusive words is not hurting themselves, your' echo" of traumatized person's idea is much like saying the rape victim is asking for it.
The same "I am not responsible for my speech/words " and "if I say hurtful things it is the person I am trying to hurts fault attitude."
Many people want to not blame themselves for what hurt their words do. This is by far outrageous, you following abuse of a person on line ending in suicide, their family are being told by you now that the abusive hateful words did not hurt their [dead] loved one.

You still think words are isolated from their meanings and context of the person speaking and the person hearing.
You cannot keep thinking words create themselves independently without the mind which they are the tools of.

It amazes me that you say you have never been hurt by hateful negative words in your life.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
BDBinc

BDBinc
How do you continue to separate words from their meaning and the intention behind them in the context of this thread(suicide after ongoing verbal abuse to a depressed person)?
The person who hears and understands the abusive words is not hurting themselves, your' echo" of traumatized person's idea is much like saying the rape victim is asking for it.
The same "I am not responsible for my speech/words " and "if I say hurtful things it is the person I am trying to hurts fault attitude." You still think words are isolated from their meanings and context of the person speaking and the person hearing. You cannot keep thinking words create themselves independently without the mind which they are the tools of.

Letters (all symbols) have numbers attached to them; and 'they' numbers also reduce to a fluxuation binary pattern. I think it is the 1s and 0s that cause the frictional emotional pain; we just dont understand those vibrations and or variants (yet) and just how numbers (sacred geometry) afflict us unwaringly causing emotional patterns you wouldnt believe (also of the intellectual type of rote unfoldings).

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BDBinc

I've went over this numerous times within this very thread. Feel free to read through if you need a refresher.

No it isn't. Rape is a type of physical and emotional assault. Abusive words aren't. Saying the two are similar is like saying that rape is akin to friendly banter.

The same "I am not responsible for my speech/words " and "if I say hurtful things it is the person I am trying to hurts fault attitude."
Many people want to not blame themselves for what hurt their words do. This is by far outrageous, you following abuse of a person on line ending in suicide, their family are being told by you now that the abusive hateful words did not hurt their [dead] loved one.

I think you are laying the emotional card trying to make me seem evil. These sorts of tactics don't belong in philosophical discussion. You are clouding your own reason due to a bias.

But the fact remains, the dead loved one died by their own hand. That's why we call it suicide. So then why are they dead? Because they killed themselves? or is it the words who committed murder? You don't have to answer these questions. I think you already know the answer.

You still think words are isolated from their meanings and context of the person speaking and the person hearing.
You cannot keep thinking words create themselves independently without the mind which they are the tools of.

I cannot but I just did. You cannot keep saying I'm wrong without proving it so. Go ahead and give it a shot.

It amazes me that you say you have never been hurt by hateful negative words in your life.

It amazes me that you make up something in your mind and try to apply it to me, someone whom you've never met before in your life. I imagine you do this quite often, and hence you are wrong about a lot of things. How about you talk about yourself instead of trying to speak for me.

Explain to me how negative hurtful words have harmed you, and try to convince me that it was the words that did the harm.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The person who hears and understands the abusive words is not hurting themselves, your' echo" of traumatized person's idea is much like saying the rape victim is asking for it. The person that hears the abusive hurtful words is not to be blamed for them, they did not speak them, just as a rape victim should not be blamed [as they are by some]. You are blaming the hearer and not the speaker, absolving yourself of the pain it causes another person when you use abusive and hurtful words hurt them.

When one hurts another physically is it the injured person who is hurt by them at fault . If a person intentionally abuses and hurts another with their speechwords is it that also the fault of the hurt person because they understand.
It is very clear that you wish to absolve yourself from the action of your words when they hurt other persons.

You still think words are isolated from their meanings and context of the person speaking - and in the thread you are referring to an example a case of online verbal abuse ending in suicide.

It still amazes me that you have never been hurt by hateful negative words in your life.

This is YOUR whole argument, now you don’t want me to say you claim you haven’t been hurt by words[though you know you have].
My person has been hurt by hateful abusive words, as words have meanings to the mind.
If the word meaning is abusive and hateful directed towards you it hurts.
You seem to want to believe, even against your own personal experience, that your abusive words have not hurt the person, that its just their problem (in isolation to you speaking abusive words at them).

edit on 24-11-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2013 by BDBinc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join