It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Help From Masons and Ghost Hunters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My partner inherited a sword from his long dead Grandfather who was a 32nd Degree Mason. My partners mother has had it for many years stored away in the dark, a place I think it should have stayed. It is now hanging on a wall in my home, and giving me somewhat of a fright.

For the Masons.
What is the protocol for handling this type of relic. Should it have stayed at the Lodge? Should it have been buried with him? What type of ceremony would call for this type of sword? What type of value does the mason give to his own sword. Are they easily replaced if lost or stolen? How personal an item is it? It's an interesting object, and I would like to know as much about it as possible.

The image is not my own, but the structure, markings and metal are almost exact.

For the Ghost Hunters.
So... As soon as I laid eyes on this sword, it creeped me out. I have never met a Mason that I didn't like, but their beliefs fly in the face of my own. I have a hard time with much of the more secretive, and exclusive practices, especially the higher level stuff.

I have had random paranormal activity in my life, but for the past three years it is rare. Since this sword has been in my home I hear tapping on my walls, scraping noises and a night time visit from a very large, ragged looking shadow at 2:02 am one week ago. It appeared in my bedroom doorway that had ambient light coming through from the kitchen. The light allowed me to see the detail. seven feet tall, no facial features, but had a very ragged, almost feather like appearance to it.

What was the most strange is how it disappeared. A sharp, forty degree angled shadow came from the opposite direction of where it was, and once the angled shadow met it, then it was dragged back across the room to an opposite wall, where both shadows disappeared completely

My man is very proud to have the sword. The home has been exclusively decorated by me and I wouldn't dream of asking him to put it elsewhere. I know that he senses something weird here, and has heard the odd noises, but just can't make the same connection that I have.

Is there something that I can do to neutralize any strange energy the sword may be holding?

Mods, I placed this in Secret Societies because of the value that I place on the Masonic knowledge and advice concerning this matter. Would you be kind enough to embed my image?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well from the ghost hunter angle I will ask why you believe these occurrences are tied to the sword?

Could it possibly be from some other event or item in your house that coincides with the beginning of these things?

Have to rule out the obvious first.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

The tapping noises first occurred on the same wall as where the sword is hanging. Trusting my own gut instinct, given the creep factor when he first brought it home. It may very well be something other than the sword causing the noises and that awful shadow thing. Just need to gain as much knowledge as possible to know for sure.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's just a sword.
And if the sword is causing the noise, then something physical is moving it.

Also, there are no ghosts.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
It's just a sword.
And if the sword is causing the noise, then something physical is moving it.

Also, there are no ghosts.

I don't know whether it's original owner the 32nd degree mason considered it just a sword, but I know that my partner who is now the owner puts a bit more value into it than.... "it's just a sword".

I have zero doubts of paranormal activity, only the understanding and interpretation of it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I'm curious. what does your partner value more. You, or the sword.

Des

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
What is the protocol for handling this type of relic. Should it have stayed at the Lodge? Should it have been buried with him? What type of ceremony would call for this type of sword? What type of value does the mason give to his own sword. Are they easily replaced if lost or stolen? How personal an item is it? It's an interesting object, and I would like to know as much about it as possible.

The image is of a Knights Templar sword which would have made your grandfather part of the York Rite (the 32nd Degree aspect is irrelevant to this object).

It would have been his personal property and was part of the ceremonial costume worn by members of that group. It has minimal value except to the owner or for sentimental reasons and they are readily available at Masonic conventions or through internet suppliers.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well haunted items are actually considered fairly rare. They usually occur when a haunted place has been destroyed and the energy attaches itself to an item. You often find this in a haunted house that is torn down and something like a brick gets a spirit attached to it.

What you can try is bringing the item back to its place where you believed this may have occurred and laying the item on some salt, sea-salt actually and using Holy Water or Oil on it. You also may bring the item to a Catholic priest to see what they say though that probably won't turn up with anything. If it is indeed haunted then hiding it or getting rid of it won't help because the energy is now attached to your house also. You can try placing the item on salt though as many people claim that works to quiet it.

I would also check the obvious such as making sure the sword is firmly attached to the wall is isn't being banged back by wind or vibration as that happens with some of my pictures.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm curious. what does your partner value more. You, or the sword.

Des

I value him and his sentiment enough to at least research this far enough and long enough to decide if it should be stored. And even then it doesn't really address what is happening that maybe sourced to the sword. I tend to meet things head on rather than shoving it aside.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Thanks. I'll look into the "York Rite". This thread may serve in another respect, gaining knowledge of a grandfather that was barley known by my partner.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks. I'll look into the "York Rite". This thread may serve in another respect, gaining knowledge of a grandfather that was barley known by my partner.

If you know what lodge he was a member of I would just give them a call. They may be able to help you track down more information. There could still be active members that have a recollection of your grandfather.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I have zero doubts of paranormal activity, only the understanding and interpretation of it.

My goodness, if only more people interested in the paranormal had that attitude.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I will do that. There is little known of the man as he and his adopted daughter, my partners mother knew little of him given their differences. I see some sleuthing in my future. I really appreciate your input.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I will try the holy water and salt. I suppose I could bless the water myself. I'm trying not to drag my partners mother too far into this, she really doesn't like talking about her dad, to the extent that her son knows nothing of the man.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The sword is just a ceremonial object. They aren't used in anything other than degrees, which is a way to covey information to new members. I don't believe in Ghosts so I might not be the one to ask, but nothing in masonry is nefarious and most masons are the happy nice type so if they could haunt you, they wouldn't.

I would encourage your man to look a bit into his grandfathers history. It's fascinating stuff and since it's family, it makes it much more personal. Check out his lodge, see if anyone remembers him. If we can help, please ask.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yes the actual object is irrelevant and anything could technically become haunted just from being in the right place. I do not believe the masonary aspect has anything to do with it.

I'd be curious to know if maybe the grandfather was near it when he died and if some event happened that might have transferred some of his energy or even his spirit into it. Perhaps when it was locked in that dark place something happened for the haunting to occur.

Gonna take some research but if you know its haunted I'm sure you can track it down.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheherrin

My goodness, if only more people interested in the paranormal had that attitude.

I have become very skeptical over the years, not so much of unseen forces, more from the so called experts. I am more fascinated than frightened by this stuff.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You guys certainly could help. I have been at this all day and have acquired a headache and have no more knowledge than when I started. Geeeez, you masons know how to complicate things.

I have sent emails to scottish rite lodges in Stanford, Oklahoma City and Houston. He started of in Stanford but lived most of his later life in OK and TX.

Are 32nd degree masons limited in membership? How many can one lodge have? Is it like military ranking?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Yes the actual object is irrelevant and anything could technically become haunted just from being in the right place. I do not believe the masonary aspect has anything to do with it.

I'd be curious to know if maybe the grandfather was near it when he died and if some event happened that might have transferred some of his energy or even his spirit into it. Perhaps when it was locked in that dark place something happened for the haunting to occur.

Gonna take some research but if you know its haunted I'm sure you can track it down.

I need to find all of that out. It's amazing how much a family doesn't know about one of it's own members. I'm being encourage my my partner to forge on. I think that he is interrogating his mother at the moment.

I agree with you that the Masonic aspect of this is irrelevant.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

When looking, look for the secretary of the lodge. He, generally has the knowledge needed to find older members info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join