It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you recall any old classic songs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I remember a those very well too! I forgot!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

I had never heard that that I know of, your Mom sounds like such a sweet romantic. Great memory of her in the day. You know as we age we never really lose that part of us that see;s ourselves as that youthful being. life reflects something different as does the mirror, but yeah, that beautiful youthful person still exists. Hopefully you still have her in your life and can remind her of herself in a much lighter time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

For sure she was
...No unfortunately she is no longer here, But it does not really matter because she showed me the way. And what was wrong and right. We had a great laugh along the way to. And people never really die as long as they are remembered i feel
....Great thread to...
...And this was another that she wore the record player out with

edit on 5-5-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ok listening now, and lol I know every word of this one 'somehow'???

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Another of my Mom when she was part of a theater group in Hollywood called "The Stable Players"

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread is right up my alley. Pretty much all I listen to is oldies. I think I stopped listening to new music in the 80s.

So, how about some Doo Wop?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I know exactly what you mean. I will be going about my usual daily routine, and out of nowhere, something random, like an old cowboy song will pop into my head. Something from deep in the memory vault, that I didn't even know I remembered.

I think our subconscious stores every bit of random bit of info we gather in our lifetime. We don't consciously remember, but the subconscious knows all.

Occasionally I will wake up with some long forgotten song in my head. I can hear all the parts of the music and know all the words.... but only for a few moments. As I come to full wakefulness, it fades to a normal memory, in which the background music fades and I know only a few lines of the lyrics.

On a similar note, I have discovered that while doing crossword puzzles, I will have the correct answer pop to mind, on something I don't remember ever hearing or knowing. I will have a little WTF moment - that can't be right. I don't know this! But then it turns out to be correct. One I remember had to do with Eero Saarinen - architect. Never heard of the guy!! Didn't even know Eero was a name! But apparently my subconscious mind picked up on him somewhere and stored it away. That's my theory anyway.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great stuff. What about this classic. This one will just pop in my head every now and then. Why i dont know!..Especially unusual as its way before my time!!.The 1930s........i do like it though

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 321equinox

It leads one to think about the influences the current generation are gathering. As agencies around the globe continue to find fault in the lives of the youth and their mistakes even harmful choices against themselves and others, just how when living in a more simple time such as those of the past posts can help them overcome the insanity of today if only on a deep unconscious level.

So much info going in at an alarming rate, things in my time that were shielded from us for the most part. yes there was the Vietnam war on the 6 o'clock news each night, but that was not family time and us kids were generally taking baths or playing.

Now it seems they are privy to the matters which are centered around grown up concerns. They are being lead to grow up so fast, to process things that are for the mature mind, not the young developing ones. When a child is in the room and is playing with trucks and dolls, yet hears in the background events like 911 and the others, then listening to the intensity of adults openly speaking their minds about such events, it goes into the subconscious. It eventually comes back up and can become actions they are not aware of the source, like us singing songs for the conscious mind long forgotten.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

For the 1930's this was my mothers favourite song:-

Al Bowlly With The Ray Noble Orchestra. My mom went to see them at the London Mayfair when they where the resident dance band in the early 1930's.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

I never heard this one before. But i just listened and enjoyed it ..Thanks for posting that

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You will have heard of Ray Noble & Al Bowlly's most famous song i am certain. I am told that even though this was a British song, it used to be played in the US at the end of the evening at dances instead of The Star Spangled Banner during the 30's & 40's

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

A beautiful time in history, people loved to get together, to dance and often to find that special someone who later became known as Grandpa.

Thanks for both of the songs. They both almost make me want to close my eyes and experience the whisp of dancers passing by in those big ball rooms, ladies dressed like ladies, and men not afraid to insult by being a gentleman.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanks to mom for embedding ALL of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass into my brain.
She was a huge fan an had all his records. Also Tom Jones.

Eventually, I learned how to play this song for mom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join