It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO Labeling Bill Introduced by Boxer, DeFazio - Right to Know Act

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I think everyone needs to research well, not only the GMO itself, but the company, and its formation, who was involved, and their relationship to other companies, such as Bayers.

Good nutrition and health, is part of good parenting. Just saying.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There are a couple links listed in my OP that supporting evidence the GM foods are not healthy. However it is your choice if you want to eat them and think they are safe. I think the most important thing here is that they are labelled and people can make the choice for themselves..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
There's nothing wrong with gm foods but if you have some proof of their danger I will gladly switch my opinion.

I do agree that they should be labeled though since the point about some low nutritional content I've also heard. I also think we should monitor the farming practices to catch any unfairness which is apparently occurring at times.

The food though is probably the future so it isn't going anymore. Once its more cheaply grown we can get rid of the farm subsidies, which are absolutely killing third world countries, and begin to start ending starvation as well as the economies of the world.

I'm all for gm foods.

Wow!!!!! I wonder about some posters on here.

I bet you a crisp new hundo, make that a grand, that you'd change your mind after eating only gmo for year.

There quite a few studies on animals that show terrifying effects on the body. Sadly there are just as many studies funded by Monsanto that says gmos are the best thing under heaven.

Good luck with your gmo diet

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

These rats never looked to clever after eating GM food either...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

Well if that is true it would certainly change my view on it.

I will look into it after I get finals week over with.

Here's a suggestion, and I recommend you do the searching since you've admitted you haven't done much research on this.

Look up Bulgaria and why they've resisted any and all pressure from the EU to allow GMO foods in their country. Or, look up an country which has banned Monsanto within their borders and follow the trail. You may not have looked much into this, but the high level scientists in many countries have and they realize the dangers GMO foods present.
edit on 5-5-2013 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by dominicus

These rats never looked to clever after eating GM food either...

That's simply disturbing.

So glad we have choices still. At least, currently. I can still choose to buy organic and grow my own foods. So long as that remains available - I'm avoiding GMO crap. My daughter and I are talking about taking part of the next march against Monsanto when it comes around.

It's quite frightening - to be quite honest. And - there isn't the typical debate with one side arguing with the other. Everyone seems to accept - GMO foods are bad for you. So I don't understand how they are still in business!

Like I said - so long as organic and growing my own food is available - they can knock themselves out with their tinkering. That's what we humans do. Tinker away...

Cirque

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I am the same I buy organic when possible and grow as much produce as I can. I enjoy growing too although I am still a novice..

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That's what I'm saying, there is already all these animal studies that have been done in Europe and the States showing all types of terrible crap health problems associated with gmo diet, and there are all these people just walking around saying gmo's are fine and dandy and going my Monsanto Paid for studies.

It's really disgusting. I will fight tooth and nail for us all to have mandatory gmo labeling so we can avoid it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

How about organ damage for starters...

Google is your friend. "GMO France" should get you going.

I suggest you sit down and start researching what chemicals your government says are ok to put in your food while your at it. Most corn syrup has mercury in it.
edit on 5-5-2013 by WHYFIGHT because: embarrasing gramatcal errer

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Its should be called GMC. Genetically Modified Crap.

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
GMOs bad for you? Good for you? Undecided, don't know, don't care? We should have the right to know and it should be on the label. Why are the companies fighting it so hard when already they have to disclose the content of food, its nutritional value, calories, etc? And if it IS so good then they should be proud enough to shout about it.

If my tomatoes have animal genes in them I want to know, I could be vegetarian. If my corn produces its own insecticide when its growing, I want to know that too. If my beef has rat genes, that just doesn't sound kosher. I want to know about it. It is not proven all this is good for us but there are indications there may be some definite bad health side effects. I don't think those bad reports are coming from people just wanting to sell unpatentable normal plant seeds to farmers.

Not only do I want them to tell me the food they want to sell me is GMO but to tell me just what kind of Frankenstein creation it is. We should be demanding to know even more about it. No more packages of Abbieś Normal Nuggets in the freezer section without unveiling the mystery ingredients.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You realize almost 100% of food is GMO. Unless it is Explicably NOT.

I severely doubt Americans are going to suddenly stop eating... now Really.

edit: this is America, we eat a lot. Nothing wrong with that. I enjoy our abundance... but in Moderation.
edit on 5/5/2013 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yeah there are Monsanto drones in Government alright. Repubs.....not so much.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with gm foods but if you have some proof of their danger I will gladly switch my opinion.

Proof is mounting that GMO foods cause cancer. www.bing.com...

Look at the cancer rates now compared to the pre-GMO food 1970s.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
FWIW I think if the food were actually safe Monsanto wouldn't try so hard to keep you from knowing what is GMO and what is not.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Doesn't matter to me what anyone says or thinks....

It's playing with fire... with our god-*****ed FOOD!

Right to KNOW? It should have been never even considered as an option.

To this day i find it, unbelievable.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

I am aware that many products are tainted with GMO. However if people want to eat it. It should be there choice and that can only happen if it is clearly labelled...

you might eat a lot but that does not mean it needs to by GM. GMO are not more efficient to grow

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

I phoned Monstanto once and asked them why they do not have their food products lablelled. They simply said they dont because its not the law. I found this a bit rich since they evidently sway the opinions of governments through economic means..Look at the Wikileak stuff about Monsanto for example working with the US government to wage economic war on European countries that refused to grow their products.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well it's your health....

The humorous thing perhaps is that it won't be just a handful of products that would get labeled, as is reasonable to believe, but more like all processed food.

Essentially if it's not labeled organic, it'll be labeled gmo.

One would think a small part of the whole would be organic, another small part gmo, then the larger "normal" food. But really would be a black and white type of thing by and large.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
All I want from Monsanto - is their assurance -

That I can still grow my gardens. I can still teach my children how to grow their own food, flowers, and trees. That we won't forget how to do the important things on our own - and their not going to take away the right to know those things. Canning, preserving, harvesting, tending your roots. Fishing, hunting. They don't look like important skills to remember - to the average bear maybe - but I think they are important to teach and remember. Who knows what the future will bring.

With that assurance - I'd have nothing left to be angry with Monsanto about. Simple really.

Cirque

Rather myopic considering this concerns the entire biosphere.

If that's all you want, I'm sure Monsanto could navigate that but doesn't really address any of the pertinent issues.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join