It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you noticed glaring obvious alternate realty proof disturbing you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

your post reminded me of the show Fringe, with the alternate universes, where landmarks were similar but not always the same.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Do you remember all the posts on ATS about australia moving?
and people not being dead any more, important people.

Though I think it is that reality can be changed by the minds of people.
if enough people believe in some thing.
it can become real !

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So. Interesting enough I read this post. Earlier today and while highly interesting felt as tho I had nothing to add on....but I'm on the phone with my best friend a couple hours ago and I mentioned something kinda gross that she told me her fiance always does to her. Kinda gross....but he will do what is called Dutch Oven which is where you pass gas and then go under the covers and make her go under as well. Well anyways I mention this to her because its so disgusting.
She says what are you talking about my fiance would never do That nor has he ever. And I look at my boyfriend because he has heard her say that this happens to her sometimes. So strange that she is denying ever having said that. I now think I've gotten a glimpse of that alternate reality you all speak of. I am 100% poositive she has mentioned this dutch oven thing before.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
There was a time when I was about 12 years old and I was out with my Nan, her lodger at the time and my brother. We all arrived in the same car and parked up. We all got out together and walked into the centre of Basildon (the town where we were going shopping). My Nans lodger had forgotten something in the car so myself and he went back to get it - whilst my brother and Nan stayed put, exactly where we left them.
The car was no more than 200m away from we're we left them and took us 3 minutes tops to get to the car get what we needed and get back... When we got though my man and brother had gone. We phoned them and they said they didn't want to wait any longer because we were gone about an hour.

Nothing weird happend - didn't get abducted - just walked to the car and back and we went missing for an hour! I still to this day have no clue what happend. Very bizzare!

~ CrzayFool

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Generally fascinating thread. Could something like this explain the Mandela Effect:

A premature obituary is an obituary published whose subject is not actually deceased at the time of publication. Examples of premature obituaries range from that of arms manufacturer Alfred Nobel, whose premature obituary condemning him as a "merchant of death" may have caused him to create the Nobel Prize,[1] to black nationalist Marcus Garvey, whose actual death was apparently caused by reading his own obituary.[2] This article only lists the recipients of incorrect death reports (not just formal obituaries) from publications, media organisations, official bodies, and widely used information sources such as the Internet Movie Database; but not mere rumours of deaths. People who were presumed (though not categorically declared) to be dead, and joke death reports that were widely believed, are also included.

source: Premature obituaries
And the Mandela specific link (to save you searching on the page): Mandela premature obituary

edit on 7/5/2013 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/5/2013 by phalanx001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidAsh
Is this thread a joke or prank? I swear that I read this thread 2 weeks ago. This is very confusing to me right now.

Edit. I was thinking of the the seamus thread. Almost broke my brain...lol
edit on 6-5-2013 by LiquidAsh because: being stupid

I think that is part of the point with this "phenomenon"(of people talking about alternative realities), the point being repetition. Let's face it, we live fairly repetitive lives, longer lives and in a sense more boring lives then our ancestors.

Sometimes I wonder about the memories that get lost. All the things so utterly similar that they fuse and merge together in our memories to form a kind of visual white noise. After all, in many respects aren't people more likely to follow a set path, a set neurological pathways developed over time?

What happens when people who are unaware of themselves follow set paths repetitively over a set period of time? The intriguing thing here is how the subtle message of "alternative realities bleeding through" make people perceive such a thing. With unaware people, all they need is to experience an incident of natural deja vu that makes them question reality. Once reality is questioned, additional information feeded to them, plus an additional experience, cement the notion into their minds(or so the theory goes).

I doubt crossing over to another alternative reality could happen without some degree of notable effects on the natural environment or the individual observer.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
If it's glaringly obvious, why would it make you look crazy?

Have you considered that your memory is failing? perhaps you are experiencing early onset alzheimers?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by meaningless333
I have a recollection of Ernest Borgnine´s death some 15 to 20 years ago!

On a side note i wish i could go back to the eighties! Music was so much better.

OMFG. I saw this thread and was reading through it, thinking about the three different times I've read that Ernest Borgnine had just died. And we're not talking fake Twitter deaths here-we're talking the real obituary, in magazines, "Ernest Borgnine, star of "Marty" and "From Here to Eternity," etc. Then I saw this post and chills went up and down my spine. Holy sh*t, dude. Yes, 100% yes. The first time was in the 80's, and humor columnist Dave Barry made fun of it. Then again in the 90's and again just last year.

I am not crazy, not on drugs-we have experienced the same time slip.

Why celebrities? Why don't we remember inventions or wars and stuff?

edit on 7-5-2013 by Snsoc because: clarity

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To Snsoc

Maybe, just maybe some of us do remember more than celebrities deaths.

Yet we cant provide a timeframe to them because they havent happened yet or we cant identify those images properly (place, time, and what´s really happening there). And no public proof to disclose to sustain these allegations.

Just my thoughts on this!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Changing course though time can cause inexplicable changes, a few can sense or see the changes most are oblivious to it. These changes, or diviations can effect the past and present, most often the changes are imperceptible.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just watched a movie about this "15 till Midnight". Alternate realities can really make your head spin. Someone was saying there are an infinite number of universes, does that mean there is an infinite number of you and me? And if the answer is yes, are all these infinite versions of us connected in some way? Maybe one day I'll find out.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
No it wasn't that long ago. He was flying airwolf back then and running Santini air. I think he died inthe 2000's , RIP, he also did well on the nautilus

edit on 7-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I would need more than a mistaken identity, moody people and getting the wrong type of handle installed to believe i ended up in another reality..

but if it floats your boat enjoy.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I thought and thought and thought about this, Mr. OP, but No it hasn't.

Then I've been on a high since my partner eveshi has decided to live with me!!!!

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This has happened to me definitely who knows how much times we shift each day. Now one thing that stood out most for me was that Schappelle Corby she was thrown in jail in bali because she was accused of smuggling but I swear I saw her been released from prison on tv news a few years back can't remember how old I was apparently she's still in the bali prison to this day and shes going no where. Its almost like I made it up in my head or I dreamt it WTF how can you prove it to yourself.

I always tell myself and others that one decision left or right, go to work or call in sick, can change a whole lifetime in front of you every move is accounted for just like the movie butterfly effect.

TYLER ROUGE "KILLUMINATI"

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So something slips your mind or shows itself to be a little different than your smoothed over memory tells you it must be and the answer is you have fallen into an alternate reality? Have you ever spaced-out and lost a few seconds? Well then that must have been the world holding its breath and freezing altogether to allow you to refocus. Reading through the posts I get the feeling that the majority of the contributors are too old to be entertaining such a flimsy cop out of responsibilities. Everything is always changing. Opinions, "facts", legacies; nothing is really set in stone. The world and reality is not changed whatsoever because moms old pie recipe used to use nutmeg and now she claims to not have any idea what that is. And just because you thought you heard that a celebrity was dead a long time ago and is actually not is not proof of anything but your tendency to believe things without proper confirmation. Have fun humoring each other with theories on alternate realities to explain away the one you're in. Since the possibility of a simple mistake made in your mind is outside this realm of possibility and it must be the whole dimension that goes with you, the sheer brainpower inherent in this thread should be enough to construct a favorable, safe reality for the lost to wander through worrying about the color of their shoelaces when they were 9, or maybe we can find a real holographic cowboy that can wrangle all your poor fools back into your proper places!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks
So something slips your mind or shows itself to be a little different than your smoothed over memory tells you it must be and the answer is you have fallen into an alternate reality? Have you ever spaced-out and lost a few seconds? Well then that must have been the world holding its breath and freezing altogether to allow you to refocus. Reading through the posts I get the feeling that the majority of the contributors are too old to be entertaining such a flimsy cop out of responsibilities. Everything is always changing. Opinions, "facts", legacies; nothing is really set in stone. The world and reality is not changed whatsoever because moms old pie recipe used to use nutmeg and now she claims to not have any idea what that is. And just because you thought you heard that a celebrity was dead a long time ago and is actually not is not proof of anything but your tendency to believe things without proper confirmation. Have fun humoring each other with theories on alternate realities to explain away the one you're in. Since the possibility of a simple mistake made in your mind is outside this realm of possibility and it must be the whole dimension that goes with you, the sheer brainpower inherent in this thread should be enough to construct a favorable, safe reality for the lost to wander through worrying about the color of their shoelaces when they were 9, or maybe we can find a real holographic cowboy that can wrangle all your poor fools back into your proper places!

Here's a link to the column I was talking about-it's from 1994, and it references Ernest Borgnine being dead. Now, of course, this is a humor column, but you have to admit that it's incredibly poor taste to refer to a (then) 77-year old actor as dead and "a pig." in the Miami Herald as a joke

Of course, it's much easier to tell people they're crazy than to go check things out for yourself...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To sum up from scattered comments, I believe it is insulting to suggest I might have memory or medical problems. I remember what the girl looked like.

On her breast implants, my memory is clear. Certain things you do not forget. The logical conclusion is that she must have had her implants removed and that she has healed up so well, I did not notice any scars. It is possible I missed seeing the scars. The light was slightly dim. There is no doubt she no longer had the breast implants. I have never used drugs. The other possibility is that she has a twin. I doubt that.

Given a little bit of time, I will post an update. Other than that I don't have anything new to add. I'm stating this information because I am not happy with all the suggestions that I have some memory issue or medical problem.

edit on 8/5/13 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

I'm not saying that anyone is crazy, maybe just a little too much of this so called time on their hands being used to wander around and about reality, while ironically trying to propose a theory relative of reality.

And about the article you posted, in my opinion a lone newspaper article referring to a "late Ernest Borgnine" as a rotting pig in a fictional tv show including Tony Danza is not even a strong enough base to jump off from.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
People missing their hippocampus forget what they just saw yesterday so each day is new for them. You related you are totally drug free and neurologically intact however.

Apologizes if you took the questions regarding that the wrong way. I don't know what to make of your experience but appreciate reading it.

Best

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join