It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why?: Former Black Panther Assata Shakur Added to FBI’s Most Wanted Terrorist List

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You know that’s not the case…you’ve seen my post/thread history!

I don't know that's not the case at all. Your convictions seem to waiver when dealing with people and groups you don't like.

From my OP, these are the words of her attorney:

However, Assata was not convicted of firing the shot that killed Trooper Foerster. She was convicted as an accomplice to his murder under New Jersey’s “aiding and abetting” statute. Under New Jersey law, if a person’s presence at the scene of a crime can be construed as “aiding and abetting” the crime, that person can be convicted of the substantive crime itself.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I don't know why they added her to that list, that evidence would be presented at trial, should she be apprehended.

Doesn't seem like there is enough evidence to judge either way.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't know that's not the case at all. Your convictions seem to waiver when dealing with people and groups you don't like.

Well that’s the case…my convictions never waiver!

She’s a terrorist! She deserves to be treated as such. She is an enemy of the state…my enemy…your enemy.

From my OP, these are the words of her attorney:

However, Assata was not convicted of firing the shot that killed Trooper Foerster. She was convicted as an accomplice to his murder under New Jersey’s “aiding and abetting” statute. Under New Jersey law, if a person’s presence at the scene of a crime can be construed as “aiding and abetting” the crime, that person can be convicted of the substantive crime itself.

She’s a terrorist because of her involvement in a terrorist organization that carried out violent acts of terrorism in US…the same group that violently broke her out of jail!!

Stop trying to muddy the waters talking about her criminal convictions, as if that has any bearing on her terrorist label!

Besides, if you drive the getaway car during an armed robbery you get the same charge as the armed robber. That’s law!! It’s sad that you sympathize with such a piece of excrement but I guess that’s the way you think…she’s a victim, right? Everyone is a victim!

edit on 5-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

I don't know why they added her to that list, that evidence would be presented at trial, should she be apprehended.

Doesn't seem like there is enough evidence to judge either way.

Really? So we can only label someone a terrorist after a trial??

You don’t think there is evidence???

Assata Olugbala Shakur is an African-American activist and escaped convict who was a member of the Black Panther Party (BPP) and Black Liberation Army (BLA).
link

The Black Liberation Army (BLA) was an underground, black nationalist militant organization that operated in the United States from 1970 to 1981. Composed largely of former Black Panthers (BPP), the organization's program was one of "armed struggle" and its stated goal was to "take up arms for the liberation and self-determination of black people in the United States."[1] The BLA carried out a series of bombings, murders, robberies and prison breaks.
link

What more do you need? Her finger prints on a bomb? She admits her involvement and is proud of it...she flaunted it!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Innocent until proven guilty?

Unless you want to skip the whole trial and go straight to the gulag?

Labeling is one thing, why she was put on the list is another.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Covertblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

They want them to go straight to the injection.

As sick as this is, and I betcha they want to watch.

Seriously, who knew we would evolve like this?

edit on 5-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You freakin claim her fingerprints were on a bomb and you link me to wikipedia??

Seriously??

Dude, your credibility is shedding here.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Every terrorist wants to overthrow the current government.

Not everyone who hates the current government is a terrorist, though.

Our current government wants to brand everyone who disagrees with it, a terrorist.

Hillary Clinton once called people who disagreed with government, patriots.

Now in terms of this woman? She associates with people who have killed or who endorse the killing of innocent lives to promote their agenda. Criminal? Yes. Terrorist? Most probably.

My 2 cents.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Well that aint gonna happen while she is in Cuba. I hope she lives out the rest of her days happy and free,

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

*yawn*

Oh golly! Someone said something insulting!

What, in my post did you disagree with? Her associations? Her criminal convictions? Hillary's assertions? Speaking out about government?

Or are you just itching for a futile argument?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

It is you muddying the waters. I DO NOT support violent radicalism ever under any circumstance. Some members of radical groups do commit horrible crimes, murder included. That does not mean that every member of such groups are guilty by association, that is ludicrous and un-American. That also doesn't mean that the government doesn't infiltrate these groups and commit crimes in their name and frame them for labels such as domestic terrorist group. It's been proven to have been done.

As much as I despise the KKK and other white supremacist groups, I don't agree with labeling them domestic terrorist groups, I don't agree that all members are terrorists. Horrible people with horrible beliefs? Yes. Do some of them commit heinous crimes, I'm 99.9% sure they do, including murder but caught individuals need above reproach investigations and trials, not kangaroo courts and certainly not indefinite detention that is too easy to use and abuse.

Some people want Oath Keepers added to the domestic terrorist watch list, by people I mean law makers... how soon until crimes are committed in their name regardless of whether or not any actual members so much as lift a finger in such activities. You okay with that?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by seabag

You freakin claim her fingerprints were on a bomb and you link me to wikipedia??

Seriously??

Dude, your credibility is shedding here.

I did???

Please quote me.

I think Bloody Mary's are clouding the judgement of some people in this thread.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Some members of radical groups do commit horrible crimes, murder included. That does not mean that every member of such groups are guilty by association, that is ludicrous and un-American.

Sure it does!!! If you are a self-proclaimed member of a terrorist organization that has committed acts of violence then you are a terrorist!

Some people want Oath Keepers added to the domestic terrorist watch list, by people I mean law makers... how soon until crimes are committed in their name regardless of whether or not any actual members so much as lift a finger in such activities. You okay with that?

She was an actual member. They broke her out of jail!!!

Have you read any excerpts from her books? She’s down for the cause!!

As far as Oath Keepers, what acts of terrorism has that group committed? I didn’t think so!

So I was right!! You think she was setup and she's a victim????

That's insane, really!!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well, get used to it - under this regime we have - everyone is going to be labeled a terrorist of some sort.

Homeland security is calling "christians" terrorists.

Returning vets probable terrorists.

It's all about taking our constitutional rights away. I am surprised this regime made a black woman under the same type of organizations that Bill Ayers and Bernadine Doren operated under.

They certainly are casting their net wide now-a-days.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You can't possibly be that thick-headed.
I'm not going to continue arguing with you just because you want to.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

You can't possibly be that thick-headed.
I'm not going to continue arguing with you just because you want to.

But they’re such great people!!

How can you stop defending them now??

Terrorism

Systematic use of violence to create a general climate of fear in a population and thereby to bring about a particular political objective.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the source needs to check itself for accuracy.
Ms Assata is NOT the first woman to be on the FBI most wanted list

Theres has been at least on other:
www.cbsnews.com...

Bernardine Rae Dohrn

Dohrn joined the Ten Most Wanted list in 1970. A University of Chicago-educated lawyer and the leader of the radical Weather Underground movement, she was put on to the list because of her Weather-related activities which included the 'Days of Rage' in October of 1969.

and, there's more :
The Women of the F.B.I.'s Ten Most Wanted List
edit on Sun May 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

She has been on the Most Wanted list for many years, the FBI and anyone else involved in the process has graduated her to the Most Wanted Terrorist list. It's a separate list.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join