It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Lonely Road

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I believe it is safe to assume that the majority of the members of ATS are here, either participating or lurking in the forums, because most of us have the notion that something, or many things are wrong either in society, our cultures, in history or in the general paradigm; and we are all here searching for the ultimate truth.

Diving into this ocean of conspiracies and controversial subjects, we are faced with profound information that contradict our belief systems and world-views and suddenly, the world we used to know, or thought we understood transforms into a parallel matrix; in which we exist as attentive and curious observers.

Finding others who share the same intuitive curiosity and hunger for knowledge is a difficult task, and often the journey of life becomes a long and lonely road.

Once in a while we come across individuals that we think are like-minded, only to find that unlike ourselves; they have made the decision to believe that they know the ultimate truth already and all of the knowledge that we so gladly would and want to share is not worth mentioning anymore.

I often remind myself that the truth is like our reflection in a mirror.
Only we can perceive it from our perspective,
while others will always view from a different angle.
And that is the irony of truth.

But of all the things I think I know, the one thing I know is important,
is that I don't know everything there is to know about anything.
That's the only thing I know for certain.

We have all been there, I assume, trying to raise awareness about a controversial subject only to find that the majority of our audience ignore to pay attention, fail to understand the significance or subconsciously block the information out of their paradigm.
So we raise our voices in vain, until we are out of breath and silently retreat into the shadows; praying that one day, sooner or later, the truth shall set us free.

But what is the truth?
I want to believe that the truth is love, and love is what I will eventually find and share with someone in peace.
But the truth is that since I began observing and studying things in detail, love is truly so much harder to find.

How do we tip the scale in our favor, or achieve perfect balance in our lives?
If finding love means that I must stop looking for the truth, then the truth is that I see no reason to look for neither.

What am I trying to say here? I guess, I need someone to talk to who is interested in the same subjects that I am.
Ancient culture, occult history, lost civilizations, ufology, spirituality, religion, science and philosophy.

Are you out there?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Very well written, ABeing.

When it comes to any specific topic I don't know a whole hell of a lot about it. I am, however, fairly certain that humanity has been playing the same, monotonous game since even before we acquired intelligence. Generation to generation, all through history, we have embraced war. We have fallen in and out of love. The aggressive have risen to power. We have always given in to greed.
----------------------------------------
Allegiance to nations, religions, and causes have always divided us.
Laws become so numerous that, sooner or later, they come to oppress us.
Love has always been a mystery to us.

Sex drives us.
Hatred infects us.
Insanity (Hitler, terrorism...) poisons us.
Theology has always attempted to keep us drowning in ignorance.

If you read the first letters of each of the last 7 sentences, you will see what life is.

edit on 5/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Indeed, it seems as if there are distinct types of character among individuals and I firmly believe that it all boils down to perspective.
There are those who reflect upon life and its trials and tribulations, and decide that they want to believe that love is a thing of vanity and that the experience of life serve no purpose.
Then there are those who reflect upon life and its trials and tribulations, and happen to recognize a thing of beauty and wonder surrounding them and decide that love is not only a part of life, but the purpose of the experience itself.

I had to study a variety of different subjects, and I nearly fell into several traditional but contradicting beliefs during the journey, because I wondered so many things. But once I began to question whether or not there is a purpose of life, an afterlife and something divine about the Universe and researched a diversity of sciences and alternative information; a simple thing such as witnessing the clouds sweeping across the sky, hearing the birds sing in the morning and feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, suddenly made me look at things differently and my entire philosophy changed.

Once this change occurred, it was difficult not to talk about it to everyone. But finding people who have had the same experience or revelation, if you will, is a rare thing.

"Search, and thou shall find", is probably my favorite motto.

If one swallows everything than anyone and everyone is telling you, then you are no longer living life according to your own experience, but the experience of others.

Philosophy is lovely.
edit on 5-5-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Being a conspiracy theorist is a way of life for some wether from direct involvement or just a gut feeling that I/you/we are not always presented with truth as a first option.

Living a life that promotes possibilities keeps others aware of this as the proof is in the pudding.

I am often disgruntled, but not surprised as to how often my friends and family can be enlightened with a little knowledge. Call me a nut or whatever they like, I will always be skeptical, sometimes synical but always hunting for more than meets the eye.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good Op. I agree that we are here because we are searching for answers to what is really going on. I am also looking for entertainment though.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well said, Nerbot. I hadn't looked at it that way before, conspiracy theorism being a way of life, that is.

I completely agree that it is somewhat surprising that when you begin to explore the unknown topics with someone, be they friends, family or strangers, a spark of curiosity ignites within them and a discussion can arise and last for hours upon hours.

I recently talked to a old man who is nearing his last days, I suppose one might say, having difficulty breathing, eating, walking and living life in general.
He and his wife were such interesting people, who as when being notified or perhaps reminded that tomorrow is never a certainty, together began to try new things almost on a daily basis and talk about subjects they never had before.
Around a dinner-table, we discussed the ancient wonders and mysterious sites of the world and he clearly had a good time as the topic merged with other ones and we explored questions such as; what is the meaning of life? and is there a life after death?

With him sitting on my right in silence, I waited for the proper moment and looked into his wife's eyes and said something like; "there is one thing, a simple thing, that makes me certain that there is something behind this experience. And that is that I can look upon something, a woman or the night sky, and recognize its beauty. And I can hear the birds sing and peoples laughter, and enjoy the experience.
The ability to recognize beauty, enjoy the experience and love it, is most certainly a gift of life and what assures me that it all has a purpose, somehow".

When I said it, and I was paraphrasing now of course, the entire table went quiet, her eyes began to water and the old man, still sitting there in complete silence, had a huge smile on his face and a look in his eyes literally saying; "thank you".

Afterwards, as he had to leave to go home and take his medicine, he stopped in the doorway and looked at me for a moment and said; "keep thinking about the Universe", and then he left.

That was a great night.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

I appreciate the way you think.

I came in looking for confirmation, like minds, but really as time went on I realized that my expansive and open mind needed so much fine tuning, continues to be.

It is lonely, but as I see it so very short.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Good point. Once one becomes interested in these subjects, the research in itself is as entertaining as it is fascinating!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I concur, many times we must dip our toes in many different ponds to conclude what the water is like before bathing in it.

I like the way you expressed it, "fine tuning", is exactly what it feels like. Researching, observing and studying thoroughly closes many gaps and opens many doors.

top topics

join