It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oholah and Oholibah and why Protestantism is more reprehensible than Catholicism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
well jesus referred to himself as the alpha and omega. which is the first and last letter of the greek alphabet.
it also correlates with this:

that pharaoh is holding the rod and staff of jehovah.
the alpha and the omega. the first pharaoh and the last pharaoh.
jesus was a pharaoh.
there's more to this story than you might think.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Yea I'm sure there's quite a bit more that we don't know but I am fairly confident that the story portrayed in the Bible is not inspired by God.

I believe it was written to fulfill a need the world was experiencing at the time. You have to realize that within a fairly short amount of time we have Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Confuscious all putting out their versions of a religion.

People were looking for something during this time and people filled that need.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Yea I'm sure there's quite a bit more that we don't know but I am fairly confident that the story portrayed in the Bible is not inspired by God.

I believe it was written to fulfill a need the world was experiencing at the time. You have to realize that within a fairly short amount of time we have Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, and Confuscious all putting out their versions of a religion.

People were looking for something during this time and people filled that need.

ever read anything by sitchin? particularly the pyramid wars?
well the old testament is MOSTLY, not all, but mostly, an enlil book. the new, is mostly, not all, but mostly, an enki book. the differences are dramatic. as i'm sure you've noticed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by borntowatch
Not all Catholics are that bad as are not all Protestants but your point is a very timely warning to the church. It will fall on deaf ears sadly as most Christians dont acknowledge their sin until we end up in Babylon.

Good work

what sin is that? i'm curious how you know that most christians have unforgiven sins.
let's back up a bit: what is sin?

Oops I forgot, most Christians have no sin in their lives and deserve heaven.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Not all Catholics are that bad as are not all Protestants but your point is a very timely warning to the church. It will fall on deaf ears sadly as most Christians dont acknowledge their sin until we end up in Babylon.

Good work

what sin is that? i'm curious how you know that most christians have unforgiven sins.
let's back up a bit: what is sin?

Oops I forgot, most Christians have no sin in their lives and deserve heaven.

the key word there is "unforgiven" sins. how can a christian be a christian and have unforgiven sin? the whole point of being a christian is forgiveness of sin and not as a result of works, or people would boast.
edit on 6-5-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
logical train of thought , employing a bit of quantum physics

if you want god's will,
and god's will is that none should perish,
everybody goes to heaven.
it's a time puzzle.
200 years from now is no different than 5 minutes ago

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
When is anyone gonna post about the OP here? This thread should just be locked no one wants to read it or respond to it. Perhaps no one can.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Isomeone

okay i'll respond.

king solomon turned the temple into a temple to molloch. there were sacrifices of infants women and children, to the god of fire. he made political deals with nations all over the near and middle east, and potentially even the far east. he had 700 wives and 300 concubines. did he have sex with the concubines (he wasn't even married to them)? he had money money money. this guy could do anything and get away with it. in fact, he did all that and still ended up having books in the old testament.

the op is like straining over a gnat and swallowing the empire state building

how does some protestant person end up being responsible for that ? the op is ludicrous. it's not even the fault of catholics that the vatican does and has done, crazy things. each person is individually responsible for their own behavior. thus, the op is wrong.

jehovah in the old testament was not just one guy. he was several different pharaohs over the course of like 4000 years. jesus was the last one. i suspect the prophecies regarding the whore of babylon, are being abused for political reasons by religious teachers.

for example, i'm supposed to believe that the whore, which is a religious city, not a country, is the entire usa and all its christians. it's like a doctrine from solomon's molloch days.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well, I can read. And I think that was the whole point of the OP. Just like Solomon turned apostate against God, and the nation of Israel and Judah were later punished for so doing. so today, because of all of the bloodshed and disgusting heinous crimes Christendom has commited in the name of God she has been judged.

Wow, I think you are a retard really.

Excuse me, but you make no sense what-so-ever. You can't even make the connection, and then try to claim that the atrocities committed by Christendom aren't as bad as what Solomon did?

What are you an apostate to waiting to die? For the destruction is coming, and quick: "These very ones will quietly bring in destructive sects and will disown even the owner that bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their acts of loose conduct, and on account of these the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, with covetousness they will exploit YOU with counterfeit words. But as for them, the judgment from of old is not moving slowly, and the destruction of them is not slumbering." (2 pe 2.

Seems like you and your apostate buddies are busted by God himself.

No wonder you cannot respond to the OP.
edit on 6-5-2013 by iSomeone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
for example, i'm supposed to believe that the whore, which is a religious city, not a country, is the entire usa and all its christians. it's like a doctrine from solomon's molloch days. burn the women and children and infants. kill off the biggest population of christians on the planet, because we're mad that the country's leaders, who aren't even voted in by the people of the nation, are behaving badly.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Wow, I think you are a retard really.

and you are not a jehovah's witness. more like a neo nazi or a muslim, or perhaps one of those babylonian talmud guys who think gentiles are cows

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Look at the devastation sectarianism has caused around our world. People still bombing each other in Ireland over this crap. I don't need to mention the carnage in the Middle East.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Look at the devastation sectarianism has caused around our world. People still bombing each other in Ireland over this crap. I don't need to mention the carnage in the Middle East.

yep, its stuff like the op that will encourage new world order laws restricting people from having any opinions at all, and the mangling of religious texts as a means to control sectarianism.

it's not that killing is good, but it's also not evidence of the sins of entire swaths of people, that a nation is going around the world doing the will of israel. this nation is a melting pot. its leaders are not even elected by its people, its decisions often do not reflect the view of its people. the media hypes it so it seems like we're all onboard with these bad ideas and then other people can cast stones at us from their glass houses.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
i've never killed a person in my life.
but according to the op, just being a non-catholic christian and not a jehovahs witness, makes me a killer.
it's an extreme example of religious bigotry. i've never had an abortion and don't agree with abortion unless the woman was raped. the blood is on the hands of the rapist. and even then i have problems with the idea because it's not the baby's fault.

i also don't agree with the death penalty and capital punishment.
i don't believe hell is a fiery place where people are tormonted forever.
hmm, let me see, well that's enough for now. i think i've proven my point that the op is just hyper focused on some idea that was sold to him/her by the jw teachers.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yep, definitely a retard. And I don't say that as name calling, just stating you appear to be mentally slow is all. There is nothing wrong with that, cowboy. Yippee.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSomeone
reply to post by undo

Yep, definitely a retard. And I don't say that as name calling, just stating you appear to be mentally slow is all. There is nothing wrong with that, cowboy. Yippee.

based on what?
that i don't even remotely resemble the op's accusation?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
speak up isomeone. you sound like an instigator, looking to mix it up a bit.
sociology student perhaps? notice i at least give you the benefit of having brains.
i'm not here for you to abuse me however, so i need a legitimate explanation for why
my justification is not addressing the op. the op is saying that all protestants (cause they
aint' jws) are responsible for every war and killing in the history of the usa and
you have done the op one better by just attaching everything ever done by the vatican as well,
which you called, "christendom", to protestants as well .

all the word protestant means is, a christian who is not catholic.
in that broad application you have literally millions of people who have never killed anybody. nor taken part in making political alliances with foreign nations. yet those millions of people are to be judged as murderers
and political whores, as a result of the actions of their unelected leaders.

i smell something funny

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
oh and i also believe sabbath is saturday.
and that jesus wasn't born on december 25th.
i don't think god is 3 people in one body. so i don't believe
in the trinity. i think god is the head of a divine council of other gods and if the op
would just read the original text, he'd know this too.

sorcery is not witchcraft. sorcery is pharmacopeia. and in the context of the scripture in revelation
its pharmacopeia meant to hurt other people. so like biological warfare.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

yawwwn.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
still waiting for an explanation how my beliefs justify frying me as an apostate.
this should be good.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join