It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should Immoral people change?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by logical7

i find punishment for rape lenient if its less than capital punishment.

So, you ARE saying that rape deserves the death penalty. Is that correct?

Again, is this thread a push for Sharia law?

EDIT: It really makes me wonder what your personal experience is with "rape." I have not personally experienced it, nor has anyone in my family.

edit on 5-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

No worries. It doesn't hardly ever make it to trial.

You see, under sharia law it takes 4 male witnesses to the act of rape to testify before a man can be charged with rape.

You know, those crazy women aren't trustworthy enough to know if they have been raped or not unless 4 men say they were.

Its not the case NuT, Sharia does not need 4 witnesses to prove a rape, thats for adultery.
For rape the victim's word is enough to start the trial and the accused has to defend himself.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by logical7

A baby is not naturally shy about their nakedness, it is society that makes them shy and embarrassed about it. There are tons of naturists around the world who raise their children without clothes and the children are 100% fine with it from birth.

NO, naturist teach them to live that way.
At birth the baby is unaware of self, when the awareness of body comes, then the shyness comes. It will go if trained otherwise.

But the opposite is not true? How can children be taught to not be embarrassed of their bodies but not the opposite? That's ridiculous logic. I guess Adam and Eve were "taught" not to be embarrassed (before the apple) even though they were the only humans of the time?

Get real!

The logic is simple, either a baby is naturally shy and taught otherwise later or naturally not shy and taught to be. Both can't be true.
The question is how a kid will naturally behave without any influence and i say they naturally develop shyness along with self awareness.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

We're not talking about the word love, we're talking about the word fear. Give examples of the word fear having different meanings in Hebrew please.

Oh, alright. Hebrew has four different words for the English word "fear", they are:

Yare, Qhal, Niphal, and Piel.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

That's a bold statement. I would think someone who dies in the unrepentant sin of murdering innocent people would have a first- class ticket to Hell.

murder is one of the 1st sin that would be asked about. Unrepentant murderer sure deserves Hell.
How is it bold to say, "i don't know, only God will Judge" ?

Because in the Bible it's clear, unrepentant murderers are one of the sins it says God hates. It's also some of the most serious sins in the Decalogue. And a person who dies in the act of murdering innocent people would have no chance of repenting and asking for forgiveness.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

EDIT: It really makes me wonder what your personal experience is with "rape." I have not personally experienced it, nor has anyone in my family.

You see, under sharia law it takes 4 male witnesses to the act of rape to testify before a man can be charged with rape.

You know, those crazy women aren't trustworthy enough to know if they have been raped or not unless 4 men say they were.

Its not the case NuT, Sharia does not need 4 witnesses to prove a rape, thats for adultery.
For rape the victim's word is enough to start the trial and the accused has to defend himself.

That's totally false. In Saudi Arabia it takes 4 witnesses to the rape for a man to be charged.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Because in the Bible it's clear, unrepentant murderers are one of the sins it says God hates. It's also some of the most serious sins in the Decalogue. And a person who dies in the act of murdering innocent people would have no chance of repenting and asking for forgiveness.

i have no problem with it. I actually agree with it. What are you reaching at?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

i have no problem with it. I actually agree with it. What are you reaching at?

Radical Jihadists who die in the act of murdering innocent people.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

That's totally false. In Saudi Arabia it takes 4 witnesses to the rape for a man to be charged.

and what makes you think Saudi Arabia is practising Sharia as it should be?
Forget Sharia, Saudi rulers don't even follow Islam.
They are just monarchs that happen to be muslims, sadly.
That perverted rule actually encourages rape.
An oppressive rule is not Islamic and they are crushing revolts by force and money.
In Sharia God is Sovereign. Do you think any muslim rulers act that way?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

i thought so.

yes anyone who kills innocent people deserves Hell.

link   

Well, if that's just a Saudi law that has nothing to do with Sharia the I apologize. I would never intentionally use the exception to define the rule.

link   
double post.
edit on 6-5-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

i thought so.

Well, I applaud that. Your voice of reason is rapidly becoming the minority position in Islam.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

My next question is along those lines. There are some Muslims who believe that it is holy and Allah's wishes to wage jihad now and to kill all infadels, and there is another group that believes they are to wait until the Mahdi comes, then they are to wage Jihad and kill the infadels.

Do you belong to either of those two groups of Muslims?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Well, if that's just a Saudi law that has nothing to do with Sharia the I apologize. I would never intentionally use the exception to define the rule.

what muslims do is not a reflection on Islam just as what christians do is not a reflection of Jesus'(pbuh) teachings.
how good a religious person is depends on how well he/she is following the religion.

If a muslim man gets drunk and rapes a girl claiming whatever excuse he wants, how valid it is to judge Islam by his action? What part of Islam was he following to deserve to be identified as a muslim?

Does Islam encourages violence, injustice, stupidity(blind faith)? NO!
Are some muslims doing all that? YES!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

i thought so.

Well, I applaud that. Your voice of reason is rapidly becoming the minority position in Islam.

no, thats the majority position among 2 billion muslims, its just not air-time worth and even bad for the greedy and power lusty war-mongers. How will they go to war if their people believe that the enemy is good, sensible and wanting peace!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

My next question is along those lines. There are some Muslims who believe that it is holy and Allah's wishes to wage jihad now and to kill all infadels, and there is another group that believes they are to wait until the Mahdi comes, then they are to wage Jihad and kill the infadels.

Do you belong to either of those two groups of Muslims?

i am in no group that wants to kill an innocent even if he is an infidel. Not all non-muslims are kuffar/infidels.
I believe there will be a confrontation of good vs evil, not muslims vs infidels(its a simplistic ignorant belief of average muslims just as an average christian believes that muslims will be on the side of anti-christ)
so do you believe muslims will be destroyed by Jesus pbuh?

I don't want any war but i am not so idealistic that i prefer to be blind to its possibility.
So what you believe muslims' fate will be at the 2nd coming of Jesus pbuh. I want to be on his side with you beside me standing up for the good and truth.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
logical7, would you like to give us your point of view on the Dhaka, Bangladesh riot of yesterday?
That was a LOT of people - all calling for death to atheists and harsh Sharia law.

edition.cnn.com...

Dhaka, Bangladesh (CNN) -- The streets of Bangladesh's capital rang with the sound of gunfire, explosions and tear-gas canisters Sunday as Islamist protesters demanding laws against blasphemy battled police, leaving four dead.
Tens of thousands of supporters of the Hefazat-e-Islam movement blocked nearly all the roads leading into the capital, Dhaka, as they pressed a list of demands, including the anti-blasphemy statute. Clashes broke out when Hefazat activists tried to break a police cordon.
Street battles went on for hours, with police firing rubber bullets and tear gas and the Islamists hurling crude explosives and chunks of brick. At least three bodies were left in the streets, and one more person was reported dead at a hospital. Police said scores of people were hurt, including police officers and journalists.

Is the report exaggerated? I saw the pictures - the Islamists there are NOT representing a peaceful society.

I'm learning about Bangladesh on the web this morning -
and couldn't help but think about you and our dialogue. This event does nothing to improve Islam's reputation.

Those tens of thousands want no mixing of men and women, Islamic education, death to "blasphemers" who insult Islam online and in reporting, etc.

The Bangladesh News service issued a shut-down order saying that two TV stations were "exaggerating" and "spreading rumours about hate".
www1.bssnews.net...

Diganta, Islami TV banned temporarily for spreading hatred, rumours: Inu

DHAKA, May 6, 2013 (BSS) - Information Minister Hasanul Haq Inu today said the government was forced to temporarily halt broadcast of the Diganta and Islami TVs for spreading hatred and rumours over the past several days coinciding with the Hefazat-e- Islam's Dhaka siege.

edit on 6-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

So you assume, in a world where being naked is frowned upon and where 99% of the population wears clothes, that nudist babies are taught not to be shy? How does that make sense? That's not logical at all.

Society is what makes children shy of being naked, because they see everyone else wearing clothes! And they are brought up believing that being naked is unacceptable. Get it?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

From what I can tell, they all have basically the same meaning.

LINK

Could you tell me if the word fear in 1 John 4:18 is different from the word fear used in the OT? If they are the same word, that means John was saying the OT was wrong. Either way, John didn't say there is no "certain type" of fear in love, he said there is NO fear in love, excluding any type of fear.

And as I pointed out earlier, they wouldn't have translated it as fear if they didn't want you to fear god.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

logical7, would you like to give us your point of view on the Dhaka, Bangladesh riot of yesterday? That was a LOT of people - all calling for death to atheists and harsh Sharia law.

Bangladesh is a 90% muslim country. The problem is violating sacred space of individuals. Some bloggers put up articles and that lead to riots. people are already discontent about whats happening in the world against muslims. Its wrong on both sides. The insensitivity to other people's feelings and what they hold sacred and the violent reaction to it. Thats not how the Prophet would react and he was insulted on his face, stoned till he bled and blood filled his shoes and he prayed for the town that stoned him.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join