It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was first, the chicken or the egg?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Good one. Almost missed it.

Everything has gotten so serious now in this thread. :whoa:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I don't think he minds being asked questions if they are asked in order to understand. Answering questions and giving guidance is what God does isn't it?

However, I do agree that he doesn't want someone questioning him in a skeptical and doubtful manner - as to cast blame or doubt.
edit on 5/5/2013 by Bleeeeep because: typos like always

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'm not mad at you.

And we're all lol'ing.

Never let people make you become a grouch. Stay happy and humorous!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
The answer is actually very simple...the egg came first.

Why?....

Taking evolution into account, the egg that hatched the first definative chicken came from a bird that was almost a chicken but not quite. The egg for that first chicken came and then "it" hatched.

The chicken came first...it's her egg we're debating. Good thing Roosters mutated at the same time...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

or ridicule.

We're already three pages far.. with a half page of content., if even that much.

It might not even be that a good thread I made but even then, there always seem to be people able to pick in on it, even if there are only a few. It's so precious.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Angle

The egg came first, but it was not a chicken egg. It was an egg that produced a chicken, once the first chicken was born, that chicken produced a chicken egg.

1. It's not about knowing the answer, it's about asking the question. The question is, "why is life so mysterious?".

2. Because of the way reality was created, it forces us to desire new and better concepts in order to become perfect. Reality must evolve into perfection - without going through the process, it could not be perfect.

Why is it blasphemous to want to know who/what God is?
edit on 5/5/2013 by Bleeeeep because: run on sentence

Ahhh, but where did the second chicken come from and how were they both the same unless the first chicken was both male and female and made its own eggs?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Q) What is the difference between a chicken ?

A) One of its legs is both the same.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I think if this question is truly asked, one just wonders about the origins of things. Does anybody have something to it, if I say we can only find the answer observing what we have in the presence.

I think there must be understood different things before we are able to answer that question.

This question makes us wonder every time, and where did this originate.

And then we have at least two answers.

One coming from science, mainly, what they call evolution, which seems intelligent but I just see as chance. And where did the answer out of the bible come from. Where do we get our answers normally. Maybe that things knows.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Its sibling egg that hadn't hatched yet.

Chickens are inbred. That's why they're so dumb.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Oh now I see what you're getting at. You are really asking where did God come from because you think in terms of linear time. God did not come from somewhere, he always was.

Try not to think of time as something we all go through. Instead, think of time as energy/matter's reactionary speed [of change] to new information - and the measurement of the speed of change is what most people refer to as time. Yes, I'm saying Einstein's theory of special relativity is wrong. Space is not a fabric, it's well spaced out particles with high electron velocities. The high velocities is what creates the expansion of space, and the bending of light. And time is not a thing, it is a measurement of energy's reactionary speed. This is why things seem relative and why quantum entanglement works the way it does, and why some studies have shown that we react to future events.

If you can think about time as being relative to how fast one moves, then just convert that to how fast energy/matter reacts to the information.

Once you can think of time like that, it destroys the need for God to have came from somewhere. God is from always and always is all there is. We are just reacting or changing to the information coming from somewhere - God I suppose.
edit on 5/5/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The chicken already exists...the egg may or may not become a chicken. Therefore....the chicken is 1st.

Chicken alive and on your right....and the egg un-cracked on your left. The Chicken ecists already...the egg is not...yet a chicken.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
The chicken already exists...the egg may or may not become a chicken. Therefore....the chicken is 1st.

Chicken alive and on your right....and the egg un-cracked on your left. The Chicken ecists already...the egg is not...yet a chicken.

Are you trying to say, "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched?" ...You just blew my mind!
edit on 5-5-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I think jou are all yust behaving too yuvenile and think this thread is all a yoke. There, I was not too chicken to tell jou all that.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
OK, better response

This post by smithjustinb on another thread tells
I believe we are all fractals of the ONE Universal Mind.
and this is in line with superstring theory, the Multiverse and quantum thinking.

So therefore
both exist simultaneously and emerged simultaneous
Or indeed, both emerged before the other
or, both emerged after the other

There is no solution to this "problem" because ...
... there is no problem.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Mianeye

Good one. Almost missed it.

Everything has gotten so serious now in this thread. :whoa:

Lol, sorry to have to piddle on both of your bonfires... But Hens can't come!... Only Roosters

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Sorry but just had to add this
It is a clear case of
Schrödinger's chicken
or perhaps
Schrödinger's egg
or both
or
neither
When you open the box is there an egg or a chicken, or neither, or both?

To coin (meaning screw-up) the Schrödinger's cat joke often told
Schrödinger's chicken walks into a bar and so does an egg
or
Schrödinger's chicken doesn't walk into a bar and so doesn't an egg
or ...

edit on 5-5-2013 by KenArten because: missing word in messed up joke

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ok, i have read a fair bit snarling and growling on this thread and it's such a shame, so... to put everyones mind at ease before there is a riot on ATS, here's the answer folks... *rolls out the drums....*

Well... that's what the video says... but i am all for the evolution theory... just to keep the debate continuing

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 5-5-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 5-5-2013 by Rodinus because: More crap spelling

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

damn, you beat me to that, I was still debating the pros and cons of suggesting this ....
that the rooster has to come first before egg and the chicken

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, I suppose it is neither, as the Universe created all things, so it looked like the Universe came first.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I bet that was messy

Kindest respects

Rodinus

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join