It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Alive Evidence Appears

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I THINK your assertions depend on some heavy ASSUMPTIONS on your part.

It is conceivable that the face cloth could have covered his face under the shroud. It is conceivable that the face cloth could have covered his face for a time in the burial process but not at the final step.

It is quite plausible that the PROCESS OF THE RESURRECTION imprinted the image amazingly clearly on the shroud--either as simply a function of that mysterious, unknown process--and/or by God's design.

When one ASSUMES ON FAITH IN ONE'S PRESUMED LOFTY CORRECTNESS that the Resurrection and God are BY ONE'S DEFINITION, "IMPOSSIBLE," THEN all manner of other errors can easily flood in.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
But hasn't the Turin Shroud already been debunked?

No. It has not.

The more extensively it is researched from the pollen grains to scientific dating efforts--the more authentic it appears to be. The earlier dating on the later century patches--patches from the 1400's or so--of course did not give the same dating as would have been from the shroud itself.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. [etc]

if the bible is all lies, that means this shroud stuff is all lies too..

if the bible is true, that means this shroud stuff is all lies

/shrug

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. [etc]
. . .
. . . the bible is true, that means this shroud stuff is all lies

/shrug

I don't see how the Bible being true renders the shroud's authenticity false.

I used to be a skeptic. I'm not an RC and deplore the relic stuff and obsession with idolatries aplenty.

However, the more research that's done on it, the more authentic it has appeared to be.

And the nature of the image very faintly on the surface of the fibers is fascinating. It's been documented to be impossible to paint such an image on such fabric by the absolute best painters. etc. etc. etc.

Yet . . . the process of the resurrection could logically easily have resulted in the 3D image on the shroud.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

edit on 22-5-2013 by christina-66 because: lol.....posted on wrong thread

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join