It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection Of Jesus Christ Alive Evidence Appears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

What writings are you referring to? I am only aware of one actual reference by a historian of the time, and that was revealed to be a forgery. If you can direct me to these non religious texts, I'd appreciate it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RadarOReilly

What about Tacitus? Several of us has mentioned him.

As have I

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by abbey7777

Erm....a Roman historian's writings from circa 116 ad - is NOT a contemporary reference from the time Christ was purported to have lived.

Moreover (from your own source) there is NO original of the writings and the earliest copy dates from the 11th century.

edit on 5-5-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Actually, your assertions have been documented to be utterly false.

You have obviously not examined the evidence of the Gospel narratives being quite historically accurate.

Atheist investigative journalist Lee Strobel's THE CASE FOR CHRIST: a Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367789289&sr=1-1&keywords=Lee+Strob el

And his

THE CASE FOR THE REAL JESUS--Student Edition: A Journalist Investigates Current Challenges to Christianity

www.amazon.com...=la_B001H6KH8G_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367789428&sr=1-15< br />
DEALS more than adequately, convincingly with the absurd and ill-founded claims about the Gospel narratives being changed e.g. by various scribes like the children's telephone game . . . as well as the hokum of the "other 'gospels'."

This is the version for Curious Christians and Skeptical Seekers:

www.amazon.com...=la_B001H6KH8G_1_18?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367789428&sr=1-18

His

THE CASE FOR EASTER: Journalist Investigates the Evidence for the Resurrection

deals more at length with the topic of this thread.

www.amazon.com...=la_B001H6KH8G_1_9?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367789655&sr=1-9

= = = = =

You seem unaware that the bits of the shroud dated to the Middle Ages were taken from the PATCHES made in that era.. The shroud itself has been convincingly documented to be from the first century CE.

It appears that your biases are so intense, however, that no amount of evidence would scratch your surface in the least. So, I won't waste my time or typing energy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Resurrection of Jesus? How do we even know Jesus existed? Because of a book that was written thousands of years ago?

Doesn't look like a very smart scientist to me.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You do realise that there is zero evidence that the Jesus depicted in the NT ever actually existed?

You do realise that the Turin Shroud was carbon dated quite some ago?

You do realise that this is baloney?

You do realise that there is plenty of evidence for a historical Jesus of Nazareth and that only the most stubborn academics with a personal vendetta say otherwise, right?

You do realise that the piece of the shroud which was carbon dated was taken from a patch that had been repaired due to a fire, and that microscopic pollen from the region of Jerusalem has been found on the shroud and dated to within 20bc-50ad?

You do realise that even the most bellicose armchair skeptics still require some sort of evidence to back up their claims?

As for your claims regarding Josephus, where are you getting your info that his writings have been "widely discredited"? Seems to me that no amount of evidence would satisfy your obvious bias.

As for the video in the OP, am I missing something? I don't see anything resembling a face.
edit on 5-5-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Jesus is alive in a thousand asylums and prisons around the world. Sometimes, I think Jesus and Charlie Manson would have gotten along just fine.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

You do realise that there is zero evidence that the Jesus depicted in the NT ever actually existed?

You do realise that the Turin Shroud was carbon dated quite some ago?

You do realise that this is baloney?

Actually there is little doubt that a man named Jesus existed and preached his gospel. Writings from all types of sources refer to him.

What his actual preaching was and whether he was the Son of God is where the debate lies. Not the actual existence of the man. Even the Romans wrote about him in their non-religious texts.

can you quote a single roman source speaking of jesus as a man? any single one will do please.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Islam

Is lam

Is lamb

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Look at the words of red letter Jesus not the general epistles written but His quotes are extraordinary. There is shown an incredible understanding of the human condition comparable to the finest psychiatric minds in the world. These red letter Jesus words came from Him. And if these red letter words did not come from Him and he never existed then who ever said these words is a Messiah because they have the power to comfort and heal mind soul and body

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Trying to get back on topic, have you alerted the Shroud community to your discovery? Many of them would be quite interested in this, I'm guessing, especially if it can be replicated farily easily.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I have contacted the ''major players'' in Shroud research. Without mentioning names they have judged my work contemptously without even lifting a finger to attempt to replicate my findings. It has come back to me that I have no respect because I am not a university trained academic like them. I have 26 years experience in the research of experimental photographics and video, the last 4 years have been spent perfecting AFM, Angular Filming Magnification.

But there is a worse issue that these '' Shroud Experts '' have. They make a lot of money promoting the mystery, the never ending mystery, conferences books videos. They have been spewing forth the great mystery never to be solved for decades. I am a threat to their nice cushy unsolvable mystery. They have treated me with contempt

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I thought the name looked familiar... "My name is Vincenzo Giovanni Ruello... you killed my father... prepare to die!"

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

I never killed anyone stick to topic or find another thread I should report you to the police
edit on 6-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

"Islam

Is lam

Is lamb"

That would make a good T-shirt! LoL

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by abbey7777
reply to post by Hardfelt

Secondo Pia was an amateur photographer who discovered the pictures in the Shroud in 1898. This amateur film researcher has stated he can reproduce these images in 20 minutes in front of any scientific body. A scammer hides his work. Barry Swortz has never investigated the second face. It was discovered in 2002 by Fanti and Maggilolo. This is the first investigation I have ever seen on the second face.
edit on 5-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

I can produce reproduce an image of Jesus on a sandwich in 4 minutes in front of any scientific body.
Is there something wrong with you?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
This is a final warning from God I believe. The second face has now been decoded and revealed from the back of the Shroud of Turin. The third face is about to appear from the sky.
edit on 6-5-2013 by abbey7777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

The shroud itself has been convincingly documented to be from the first century CE.

As far As I'm informed...it's been carbon dated to around 13th century...

feel free to provide "documents" that prove otherwise.

The Shroud of Turin, a linen cloth commonly associated with the crucifixion and burial of Jesus Christ, has undergone numerous scientific tests, the most notable of which is radiocarbon dating, in an attempt to determine the relic's authenticity. In 1988, scientists at three separate laboratories dated samples from the Shroud to a range of 1260–1390CE, which coincides with the first appearance of the shroud in France in the 1350s.[1] These results are generally accepted by the scientific community. This dating has been questioned by some, and doubts have been raised in particular regarding the representivity of the sample that was taken for testing.

Carbon dating - Shroud of Turin
edit on 6-5-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It's one of those shirts you wear around Benny Hinn and other TV evangelists throwing invisible "chi whammies" on stage.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This guys threads are a good laugh. whens this going into the hoax bin.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

This isnt a hoax I just process photographs and negative film images

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join