It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No confirmation on Damascus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
There has been an explosion in Damascus, but claiming it was Israeli rockets that caused the damage is being falsely reported and is based on facts not in evidence. This could be a false flag event designed to draw Israel into a battle with Syria when in fact Israel already has a reason to be concerned and involved and has shown great restraint. Until there is evidence that this was indeed Israeli rockets refrain from the misinformation.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

What I think it could actually be is the MSM just catching up to the bombings by the IDF Thursday/Friday.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Israeli F-16s keeping more accurate and longer range missiles out of the hands of Hezbollah. Missiles sent by Iran for use from Lebanon. An Ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure.
edit on 5-5-2013 by jaxnmarko because: grammar

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I just heard about this tonight. But didn't Israel recently bomb Syria a few days ago. Sorry about my confuse stance on this topic. Being on ATS the news can be interpreted wrongly.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Israel already confirmed the 16 jet strike attack..there is IMO more leaning towards believing Israel is involved with this one too

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

This is even a pro-Israel site. If you are interested in educating yourself, here is a condensed version:

As I am not an historian, this will be little more than a chronology of major events since 1897. Hopefully, it will serve as a framework from which you can build a better understanding of the world's nearly universal opposition to the very existence of Jews, in general, and the State of Israel, in particular. I will attempt to link each and every event in the timeline to the agreement, treaty, U.N. Resolution, map, or other document to which that event pertains. My goal is to promote a better understanding of these events, not to produce an historical treatise.

www.hello-newman.com...

What you don't understand is that England allowed the organization of a Jewish State in the land of Palestine. There is deep history behind this. Before you start taking sides, it is only fair that you educate yourself.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

There has been an explosion in Damascus, but claiming it was Israeli rockets that caused the damage is being falsely reported and is based on facts not in evidence.

I agree. Especially if the claim is Israeli planes. Especially since it happened at night.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Israel has confirmed first strike itself.

Meanwhile US has confirmed Israel behind 2nd strike as well, too early for Israel itself to confirm (will it confirm the eventual 10th, and 100th missile strike??)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Israeli radio is reporting that a senior security official has confirmed an air strike on a military research centre in Syria.

Source: news.sky.com...

Its confirmed, no false flag, sometimes it is what it is.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Well this was not confirmed before people started threads about it. The article I read stated absolutely nothing that said Israel launched rockets.

edition.cnn.com...

Damascus, Syria (CNN) -- A series of massive explosions illuminated the predawn sky in Damascus, prompting more claims that Israel has launched attacks into the war-torn country. Syria accused Israel of firing rockets into the Damascus suburb of Jamraya early Sunday, striking a scientific research center, Syrian state-run TV reported. The report claimed the rocket attack on the research center aided rebels, who have been battling government forces in the region. The Israeli military would not confirm or deny the Syrian TV claim that Israel had launched rockets. "We do not comment on these reports at all," an Israeli military spokesperson said

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Granted Bail,
I'm well aware of the history of Israel and actually think it was wrong to have been created to begin with as it was a foreign power, the British, that started the mandate, having gained rule over the area after world war 1 as well as other portions of the Middle East, which it basically split with France, and caused the problem with the people that had been living there for who knows how long. They created new borders, countries, ruling families, and so on. However, fait accompli, Israel was created though they were supposed to share the area and they used terrorist tactics to start off and end up with their nation. As have other nations including the U.S. with regards to the Native Americans already here. Israel has survived by defending itself against enemies on all sides (they have also treated the Palestinians poorly to a large extent in my opinion), and it HAS had to defend itself as it has been attacked repeatedly and faces enemies that swear to remove it from the Earth, so its no wonder they are a bit paranoid and proactively defensive. I'm not saying they are correct, just that its understandable. And having won wars, they conquered lands after having been attacked. This is how all nations are formed. Dynasties, empires, nations rise and fall when lands get conquered. Borders change, names change, people are killed. And you can't blame a country for defending itself. So, while I believe the creation of Israel was based on guilt from the Holocaust and was a poor decision over which the people populating the area beforehand had no say, it happened. Decades ago. I also think the Palestinians, who were never a "people" before, distinct from others around them, as the Ottoman Empire ruled them all before the first world war and the borders simply weren't where they are or were, would be better off spending all the money donated to them in creating infrastructure, schools teaching education rather than hate, and hospitals among other good things for their own people rather than guns and missiles. Acting civilized gets puts you in a better light. Of course ridding themselves of their corrupt leaders taking a large cut of all the money would help too. Arafat's wife is pretty well off, among others. When Israel won the West Bank and a large portion of the Sinai, and more, it was after they had been attacked. And now they did something preemptively to protect their self interests. Something other nations do at times as well. I could go on but you get the point. I do read history, I have been to University (2 of them), and try to continue to educate myself. I simply think their behavior made sense for them. War in which civilians are the main targets is cowardly. Yet it happens. Geopolitics has been an interest of mine since the 60's. We may actually share a number of opinions, I was just looking at it from their point of view at this time. Iran supplied missiles. Iran is Persian and not Arabic and is only using Syria and Hezbollah. Syria is another example of a minority ruling the rest of the country. As usual, the Middle East is a pretty screwed up place, be it Muslim vs Jew, Shiite vs Sunni, Arab vs Persian, and allllll the other factions and factors.

edit on 5-5-2013 by jaxnmarko because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2013 by jaxnmarko because: grammar

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Since when did Israel ever need an excuse to be screaming for war ?

Keep telling yourself that the "US-Liberty" didn't happen and that the wind blew over building seven on 9/11 and I am sure you will feel safe even if the rest of us are looking for the exit doors.

top topics

join