It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want Out?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thatoneguy
. Maybe if I moved to a Blue state i could find respect for my opinions and/or support.

The problem with living in those blue states is they are only blue inside the biggest cities for the most part. So, if you have a yen for small town live or a rustic cabin, you may find yourself once agin surrounding by those with whom you disagree.

So, whoever said it earlier...
the grass IS always greener on the other side.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think threatening to leave is in the same category as "I'm gonna hold my breath until I turn blue".

Ask some of your immigrants why they moved, and then see if your complaints are anywhere near as meaningful.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I've touched on the topic with my girlfriend, and although she's disappointed that Bush won, she doesn't intend her decision to move to Canada to be prompted by politics or a President, but rather by what's best for our couple. Also, what she said is that if ever it should happen that rights do get taken away, she'd prefer to stay and fight instead of running.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm trying to get a telecommunications or IT job overseas, but so far no luck. I mean, are economy sucks right now, it's hard enough getting a domestic technical job!

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I'm trying to get a telecommunications or IT job overseas, but so far no luck. I mean, are economy sucks right now, it's hard enough getting a domestic technical job!

Well in that i agree with you, I haven't been able to find a technical job either, but mainly because I am staying in Florida since I can't afford to move up north yet, unless I get a job up north that pays for relocation. But jobs down here have always sucked, we get paid less than in most other states in the US.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
dissatisfied Americans , instead of immegrating to Canada , why don't you get your state to leave the union and join us? I think we can change Canada into a United States of Canada . Then we all win!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i am not going to leave the US, I voted for Bush and i agree with most of the issues he stands for. I was just stating that the job market is not that good down here, it wasn't that good when Clinton was in office either, I don't blame Bush for being unemployed.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by psteel
dissatisfied Americans , instead of immegrating to Canada , why don't you get your state to leave the union and join us? I think we can change Canada into a United States of Canada . Then we all win!

Aieeee! The conquest of the United States by Canada has begun, just as the prophet Michael Moore predicted!

An outbreak of rampant politeness, fierce pride about the quality of our beer and the ascension of ice hockey to the pinnacle of American sports cannot be far behind!

Countrymen, defend yourselves! Anyone wearing a toque and saying "aboat" should be considered hostile!

This is not a drill! Repeat, this is not a drill, eh?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join