It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Info

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hi I was reading on a few conspiracy sites, I've noticed some people are promoting the idea that there was a staged bombing or something of that nature. Well I just talked to a friend who actually ran in the marathon and wanted to share the info she gave me.

She was at the 25-mile mark and her family was near the finish line (finish line was at 26.2 miles, according to her). She didn't know about the explosions until she came closer to the finish line, but her family heard the first one and said it sounded like a cannon going off. They then looked over where the sound came from and they actually saw the second bomb explode.

This girl is a friend of mine and a very kind-hearted person who would never conceive of making up something like that, so I take this information at face value.

I'm not out to ridicule anyone else's theories, I just want to share the information that I received - it was not a staged bombing, bombs did in fact really go off, according to my friend who was there.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

(Insert generic troll reply here.)

2nd.

It's pretty clear that bombs went off, though. IMO.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As sad as it is, you'll find many people telling you "Sure there was a bomb, but it was a government bomb designed to usher in the New World Order."

Good luck with the thread.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Another member on here is friends with one of the victims who lost her legs, i am in no doubt that this was a terrorist attack by the suspects, one of which is in custody.

As someone just said, good luck, the trolls will try and call you a shill spreading disinfo anytime now. Apparently these people are experts, despite not being there, knowing anyone injured or maimed, or taking any of the evidence presented by the police as genuine...its all a lie apparently. Dont let them get to you, they find a conspiracy in everything.

I hope your friend isnt too traumatized from what happened

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Another member on here is friends with one of the victims who lost her legs, i am in no doubt that this was a terrorist attack by the suspects, one of which is in custody.

As someone just said, good luck, the trolls will try and call you a shill spreading disinfo anytime now. Apparently these people are experts, despite not being there, knowing anyone injured or maimed, or taking any of the evidence presented by the police as genuine...its all a lie apparently. Dont let them get to you, they find a conspiracy in everything.

I hope your friend isnt too traumatized from what happened

Thanks for the good wishes - She is ok, fortunately no one in her family suffered any injuries.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I think the major conspiracy theory is that Craft carried out the explosions. That they were real explosions, real victims, but different bombers, and different motivations.

Then again some do say that they were actors (like Newtown), but clearly that conspiracy theory is so crazy that very few would actually believe it. And anyone who believes that, is not going to believe that your friend was actually present. I mean this is third person information, some random poster on the internet claiming that their friend wittnessed something. You are a highly unreliable source, MSM is much more reliable than a random poster on ATS.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Glad your friend is ok.

But I think you may be confusing different alternative theories which have been discussed.

According to some participants, they were told that it was a drill, "they kept making announcements to the participants do not worry, it's just a training exercise,"...

And then there are other theories.

For example, first we were told that the suspect was a dark skinned male, a description clearly different from the suspects.

However, this description would match that of the original suspects as identified by various online volunteers:

But wait, theres more.

We were then told that there was an arrest. As the media gathered outside the courthouse, there was a bomb scare, everyone was evacuated and it was then announced that there was no suspect in custody...

Here is a picture of the revised suspect with a backpack which looks nothing like the exploded one shown by the media (pictured above). And theres the exact same backpack at his home after the fact:

Moving right along.

Earlier in the evening, a man was forced to strip naked then arrested. Family members of the brothers have identified this man as the elder brother.

Later we were told that the elder brother (the same one who was arrested earlier) charged police while shooting (if you can believe that), an account which has been contradicted:

Next we're told that the younger brother was involved in yet another shootout with police as they arrested him at the scene of the boat.

Never mind, now officials claim Boston bombing suspect was NOT armed in boat showdown - despite police account of firefight and him 'shooting himself'...

The latest errr "information" being provided by the State is that there is "female" DNA on the bombs. The following are images of a female placing her purse on a garbage bag in the spot of the explosion but dont worry, this is yet another suspect who will never be questioned:

But for some bizarre reason, anyone who questions these obvious inconsistencies and lies is labeled a "conspiracy theorist"...

I wonder why?

edit on 5-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I don't think anyone in there right mind believes that there were no bombs or thatthe event was fake. People just don't believe the media or trust the FBI anymore. Remember there is still video evidence to be released. Oh and this happened in case you missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 5-5-2013 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I am glad to see that some one personally knows someone who was there so people can quit arguing over whether or not it was faked. Personally I don't think there is any evidence that says it was a fake bombing but I do believe there is a lot more to the story than we all know about.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I don't think anyone in there right mind believes that there were no bombs or thatthe event was fake.

Well, its more likely that the Boston bombing was fake and no bombs exploded than the moon landing being a hoax. Yet there are some who believe that man hasn't been to the moon. Then again you could argue that those people aren't in their right mind either...

Agreed about the video. There are so many events though where the security footage takes a long time to get released, or is never released.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the info. I am not against any particular theory. People in power lie as a rule, so it's not surprising the official story is doubted.

I don't know anything one way or another, just making some information available.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Anecdotal evidence is utterly meaningless.

Also it is only logical that there were actual explosions going off in some sort of fashion.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Where does your friend live?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

But wait, theres more.

Now you are deliberately spreading false information. It has been proven again and again that these images are not being shown in correct time line. This has been debunked in thread after thread, and I know for a fact you have been involved in those threads.

So why are you still using debunked photos as "evidence" of something when you know that they are wrong?

For anyone who believes this photo BS, let me explain again what ACTUALLY happened... there are images of the two men standing side-by-side on the pavement in the crowd, wearing backpacks. There are then images of the two men in the street, both with their bags - AFTER THE EXPLOSION. Then there are images of the two men meeting with colleagues arriving in a vehicle, then there is this final image of the man running in the street.

The photos of the men in the picture above have been cropped and taken out of context in an effort to create the lie that one of them lost his bag. There is PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE which shows both men with their bags after the explosions.

Please, people, whatever you believe, don't just simply trust the BS people are spreading on here to support their fantasy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

The photos of the men in the picture above have been cropped and taken out of context in an effort to create the lie that one of them lost his bag. There is PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE which shows both men with their bags after the explosions.

What is stopping you from posting or linking to said evidence?

Especially when you say stuff like this.

Please, people, whatever you believe, don't just simply trust the BS people are spreading on here to support their fantasy.

Or is it ok to simply believe what you say.

The photos of the men in the picture above have been cropped and taken out of context in an effort to create the lie that one of them lost his bag.

What? Cropped? The pic shows the men, their full bodies and the direct area around them. Where do you suggest the bag is in the alleged uncropped pics?

edit: got a response.
edit on 5-5-2013 by DaveStinger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveStinger

What is stopping you from posting or linking to said evidence?

Especially when you say stuff like this.

Or is it ok to simply believe what you say.

Because it has been debunked on this forum in thread after thread! The photos have been seen over and over again.

But here, just to make this absolutely clear...

Standing in the road, you will see the two men in uniform, WITH THEIR BAGS, after the explosions. This large image is the exact one cropped by "conspiracy theorists" who want to try to pretend that one of these men lost their bag.

He didn't, both still had their bags after the explosions.

Therefore, this has been DEBUNKED!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Because it has been debunked on this forum in thread after thread! The photos have been seen over and over again.

If everybody had seen them, there would be no need for your response.

I hadn't seen them.

Thanks for posting, can't argue with that.

Still don't see why you mention the cropping, because the other guy was cropped out, the one that wasn't allegedly missing his bag.

So I can agree that both had their bags after the bombing, but one did obviously get rid of his bag at some point.

Why?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Anecdotal evidence is utterly meaningless.

Commenting on anecdotal evidence is even more meaningless.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Where does your friend live?

Houston, TX

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hi. New here.

Have a question that no one has discussed.

I only ask this based on experience. (Marines 78-82)

When in close proximity to an explosion, ones ears are
subject to enormous ranges of differing pressures. Just
being on the operating end of a large caliber weapon with
no ear protection has some serious side effects such as loss
of hearing for quite some time in certain instances. I have
a small handgun that will render you practically "deaf" for
an hour or so after only firing one round.

How is it that no one within a 50 ft. radius of the blast wasn't
at least temporarily hearing impaired?

I have not read anywhere that anyone suffered any hearing loss
from this incident. Lots of injuries but none to the ears.

seems odd. just curious.

thanks in advance for any answers that might enlighten me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join