It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church about to learn that GOD LOVES SLAYER

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Slayer has at least one member who has always identified as Christian, and he reconciles his faith and his art in a way similar to what you say about Alice Cooper. This is a brief clip from a great documentary called "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey". The phrase "God hates us all" that he mentions is the title of an album and a lyric from a song.

Regarding WBC, it is interesting to note that most Christians would probably identify more closely with the singer from Slayer than with their crazy pseudo-church.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Slugworth because: typo

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

LOL!!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Satan and God failed to protect him from the spider bite that led to liver failure. That was what one young guitar shredder said to me last night. I guess you have to draw your own conclusions from that.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And after slayer they need to protest Insane Clown Posse.
Maybe we can get them in for free and they can protest front stage. Surrounded by Juggalos.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As a Christian I am inclined to think the average Slayer fan would be a hypocrite and a let down to act the same way as a Wesborough church member.
Strangely though I would be somewhat let down if those same Slayer fans didnt act to silence a small and hate filled minority.
Picketing funerals is not just asking for trouble its inviting it and so deserves the repercussions invited.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Westboro has nothing to do with the Christian Church outside of registering themselves as a religion (which anyone can do for a state license fee). In fact they are mainly a single family of lawyers who cause these stirs to then sue under violations of “freedom of speech”. I tire of Christians being bashed by religion haters, because of the actions of these folks who in no way represent mainstream Christianity. The best thing that anyone can do is stop talking about these attention seekers, but the anti-religion crowd just loves to egg them on to new lows. If people would simply ignore them, they would run out of money, and fade away.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

That's right these people have absolutely NOTHING to do with following Christ and you appear pretty silly for even entertaining the notion..they are certified IDIOTS

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Slayer nor do I care for heavy metal style music, however, should WBC show up and flash their signs and spew forth their hate speech, lets just say I won't be upset if they get their collective clocks cleaned.

The fans of Slayer should install into the members of WBC proper etiquette and respect for those that have passed on. This may include attitude adjustments in the manor that assures complete compliance hereafter and to the degree as necessary to achieve said same. WBC members must be brought to the understanding that this type of behavior is unacceptable and a serious breach of funeral and social etiquette.

It is hoped that while the adjustments are being made that the local LEO's will be understanding and not deter the adjustments (education and training). As these adjustments will be beneficial not only to WBC members in their instruction and education of proper funeral and social etiquette but to the community at large.
edit on 5/5/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
All I can say is, WBC are messing with the wrong fans. Slayer fans tend to be ridiculously passionate about their favorite band, so I can imagine the storm that will ensue if WBC goes through with picketing Jeff's funeral. It may take riot police to quell the backlash, and those religious. hateful nutjobs have it coming to them.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Can't we just exile WBC to a private island where they are free to spread their hate amongst themselves?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
teen kid gets a potential 20 years in prison for singing about some crap about the white house and boston

these guys are allowed to spout their crap on whatever...

they are govt spooks have to be lol

OR ALIENS GUYS

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah, I was reading that thread as well.... What a twisted society we've become.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
As funny as the image of some people from that WBC surrounded by very real and very angry and very, very aggressive Slayer-fans is, it is really unlikely:

Yesterday, when this thread emerged, I started looking at the website of WBC.
I found some very interesting things.

* They are intelligent, and know exactly about their appearance in public: WBC FAQ. They are even self-deprecating, in a LOL-unfunny-way.

* They are reachable, although you would have to look around for their adress:

We are located at 3701 W. 12th Street in Topeka, KS. Regular service time is 12:00 p.m. (Central time).

* They are far too special-unstupid to appear at that funeral, as their usual way of pulling attackers to court maybe wouldn't work this time. I highly doubt that they would come to this funeral.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join