It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel Rocket Strike' On Syria Military Site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Heavy Explosions Shake Syrian Capital - NOT NUCLEAR!!!

news.sky.com

Damascus has been hit by large explosions caused by an Israeli rocket attack, Syrian state television reports.

The rockets struck a military research centre in Jamraya on the outskirts of the capital in the early hours of this morning, state TV said.

The building was the target of an earlier Israeli strike in January.

Video footage uploaded online by activists claims to show a huge ball of fire rising into the night sky.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-5-2013 by Maxmars because: Always use the exact title from the source of your Breaking News...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Someone posted a fraudulent story claiming Israel had just nuked Damascus...this is not true.

As the article says, its a military research facility that was targeted, and had been targeted in the past by Israel.

Its a huge explosion, but its NOT nuclear so please, dont spread the lies you may here in regard to this explosion. As the day passes im sure more and more false reports like the one i am referring to will appear here, Youtube and other sites.

Thankfully there arent many people killed by this, unlike the claims of 1000s in the other thread.

I hope this doesnt spark something a lot bigger, i just read somewhere that Syria threatened Israel with nukes, but...its speculation, theres nothing official, so im taking it with a pinch of salt.

Im sick and tired of wars!! And people making stuff up because they have nothing better to do!
If it were nuclear, other nations would be going crazy.

The facility is the other side of the mountain, you see ordnance exploding in the sky, a nuke would have vaporized all that stuff so there would be no explosions in the sky after the initial blast, the camera man would also be dead.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Firstly, this information is well known on ATS now, so i am unsure if this thread was needed.

Secondly, when posting in BAN, you must use the exact same heading as found in the source link.

Thirdly, a lot of the countries around the world (especially the USA) depend on war for survival. It keep them afloat. Hence why we have been at war for a long, long time. We will likely go to war soon, after Afghanistan has ended.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Wow! That was a huge exposion! I just hope whatever was attacked didn't contain chemical weapons.

(I feel sorry for those people.)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Firstly, this information is well known on ATS now, so i am unsure if this thread was needed.

Secondly, when posting in BAN, you must use the exact same heading as found in the source link.

Thirdly, a lot of the countries around the world (especially the USA) depend on war for survival. It keep them afloat. Hence why we have been at war for a long, long time. We will likely go to war soon, after Afghanistan has ended.

Firstly, there is a two thread rule, you may be unfamiliar with it.....BAN is specifically for news, this is news. It is in the correct forum, not world war three, or general conspiracies like the others probably are.

Secondly, the title is spot on, the NOT NUCLEAR part is to quell the speculation surrounding this explosion as others cannot distinguish a normal explosion and a nuclear explosion.

Thirdly, war is not the answer to nations financial issues, it helps for a while but the underlying issues still remain. War is pointless, and used far to often to try and resolve issues that people dont want to talk about.
Killing people is not the answer, it never has been.

Its an easy option. The problems the US faces cannot be sorted by war. Wiping out nations that oppose FIAT currency is not the way. The US have had it too good for too long because of this fake money. Its not even money, its currency, there is a massive difference.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why is it everyone is still making it seem like this JUST happened?? Even on google news.
This was hours ago right?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Why is it everyone is still making it seem like this JUST happened?? Even on google news.

I never said it just happened, but in the grand scheme of things it did just happen. Its not days old or anything...it happened today, 5/5/13.

Are you suggesting any news a few hours old should not be posted?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

There were two separate missile attacks. one in southern Syria maybe 40 hours ago, the other was just outside out Damascus, about 2 hours ago

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
Are you suggesting any news a few hours old should not be posted?

Depends, there were other threads, but yours is specifically about the Nuclear option so yours is fine.
I was just asking a question in general, it feels like it's being reported over and over like it just happened 5 minutes ago or something

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

.... some people just woke up and got a fright.
.... some people type rather slowly at a rate of one word every 15 minutes.
.... some people don't see the four/five/whatever other threads on the same topic. .

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sad, that you people are killing yourselves.

They started it.

You started started it.

Chit, it's not even about that...

One person started something, so let's finish it.

Mind set of you people.

So, kill everything in your path.

I feel sorry for them.
edit on 5-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Firstly, there is a two thread rule, you may be unfamiliar with it.....BAN is specifically for news, this is news. It is in the correct forum, not world war three, or general conspiracies like the others probably are.

Secondly, the title is spot on, the NOT NUCLEAR part is to quell the speculation surrounding this explosion as others cannot distinguish a normal explosion and a nuclear explosion.

Thirdly, war is not the answer to nations financial issues, it helps for a while but the underlying issues still remain. War is pointless, and used far to often to try and resolve issues that people dont want to talk about.
Killing people is not the answer, it never has been.

Its an easy option. The problems the US faces cannot be sorted by war. Wiping out nations that oppose FIAT currency is not the way. The US have had it too good for too long because of this fake money. Its not even money, its currency, there is a massive difference.

Yes this is news...breaking news in fact. But, the title you used is not "spot on." The title, upon clicking on the link is: "'Israel Rocket Strike' On Syria Military Site." The title could have been edited by the journalist, yes. But i came here early on, and the title was different to the one you used then too.

Agreed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

You know as well as i, the title from Sky News was "Heavy explosions shake Syrian Capital" you had an issue of me putting "Not Nuclear!" at the end...now your complaining that i haven't changed it to the revised title that was done 15 minutes ago. If they revise it again later am i to keep changing the title? I think not.

Why not stay on topic? I addressed your issues in an earlier post, there was no need for a reply. I explained the 2 thread rule, the placing of the thread in the correct forum and my views on war and this explosion.

Practice what you preach, im within t&c's, you are not. Both posts you have made have been off topic.

No need to reply if you have nothing to add to the thread. Im aware of the rules, i dont need you to keep telling me them.

'Israel Rocket Strike' On Syria Military Site is a revised title Sky has used....you are trying to make an issue when there is none.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Thankfully there arent many people killed by this,

Just curious... is there an acceptable limit?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So no outrage, no terror this or that, guess its all good when the "good guys" do it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chishuppu

Oh there is outrage and fear. This is a dupe thread.
No new info. There are two other OPs on this topic

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Thankfully there arent many people killed by this,

Just curious... is there an acceptable limit?

No there are never acceptable limits, but it could have been far worse had the explosion/bomb happened on the other side of the mountain in the highly populated town. A military facility is normally full of military who sign up knowing they could be killed or injured. Civilians dont have a choice and never said they would give their life for their country.

I think you are being pedantic

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

reply to post by daaskapital

You know as well as i, the title from Sky News was "Heavy explosions shake Syrian Capital" you had an issue of me putting "Not Nuclear!" at the end...now your complaining that i haven't changed it to the revised title that was done 15 minutes ago. If they revise it again later am i to keep changing the title? I think not.

Why not stay on topic? I addressed your issues in an earlier post, there was no need for a reply. I explained the 2 thread rule, the placing of the thread in the correct forum and my views on war and this explosion.

Practice what you preach, im within t&c's, you are not. Both posts you have made have been off topic.

No need to reply if you have nothing to add to the thread. Im aware of the rules, i dont need you to keep telling me them.

'Israel Rocket Strike' On Syria Military Site is a revised title Sky has used....you are trying to make an issue when there is none.

When i first came to this thread, and clicked on the source link, it was a different title to the one you used. Therefore, i did not know that the title was an edited one until i thought of it, and suggested it in my previous post. I do apologise though. In regards to changing the title, i got ripped by a moderator once for not altering the thread title when it was edited by the journalist of the source material...so it is better for you to be safe than sorry.

3 quarters of my post was off topic, yes. But i believe my last point was somewhat on topic, despite the broadness of it.

If you want to get technical though, we can say that your reply to my initial post was also off topic...but whatever.

Anyway, yes i do agree now that the current Sky News title was revised. I do apologise though for getting up in your face about it.

In regards to the Syrian situation though, i am curious to see how Syria will act to such provocations by Israel. The following days will be interesting indeed.
edit on 5-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Heres a vid of another "research center" going up. I mean ammo dump. This ones at night in Afghanistan being recorded by Americans. Its their ammo. About :45 in.

Conventional explosives make a big bang too, but it's not "nuclear". Nuclear weapons even during the daytime (and even if low yield) will white out the screen for several seconds initially. Heres a scene from Koyannisqatsi...

Kilotons flash during day time at the end in here...

This one is also "conventional" explosives. The bomb was made of hi explosive and designed to detonate with the force of an atomic bomb for 'testing purposes'. Thats one big pile of explosives.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

but it could have been far worse had the explosion/bomb happened on the other side of the mountain in the highly populated town.

Sorry, but it doesn't get any worse than whats happening in Syria right now. Too many people dying there everyday. Way too many.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join