It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Activity in Marrowbone, WV

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by SSPI07

Sounds interesting I hope someone can let us know. It seems strange that the state police won't allow access to the local police.

By the way who is naming the towns in W.V.?
(Marrowbone....Kermit...?)

Loved that quote ^^^^^^^^^^ so take a look at this for strange WV town names, no
disrespect for WV,I live in the same mountains,but in PA.

www.funnytowns.com...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

It's looking more like this might be the explanation for the activity. Someone on the Topix page has posted that the missing man's van was found at the head of Marrowbone, but the man has not yet been found.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

edit on 6-5-2013 by Okeyd57 because: delete

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The first thing that came to mind for me was they found a big meth lab or marijuana field but on reading through the thread & seeing the link for the missing man I do hope that it has something to do with having found him - if only to give his family some closure.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I live 45 min away, want me to go find out?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationLovestrike
3/5? Wow, I was in 2/5.. Ah, mateo. Miss that place (kind of lol)

reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Ahhh. Such "fond" memories of the interrogations..... When did you cycle back to the world? MOS? I guess mine's obvious.

Back on topic, so is it the missing guy or what?
edit on 6/5/13 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
just checking back in any updates?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by havok

Dude that is the back woods I doubt seriously even a mafia character having the balls to venture back there. Perhaps your scenario of a perp leading someone to a gravesite. That could explain the backhoe. I don't know. It is very interesting none the less.

That brought a grin! I live just a few miles from there, and yeah, there are some...ummm... "less reassuring" folks and areas around. Like nearly ALL folks and areas. Not a crew to be trifled with.

No idea what's going on up in Marrowbone, but I don't know of any body disposal methods around here that would require a backhoe to exhume. Shallow grave certainly don't, and a backhoe would be likely to do more harm (evidence-wise) than good. Ditto for old mine shafts. The average backhoe would just be in the way there. Backhoes are generally used in legitimate cemeteries to dig graves and exhume them, since the concrete vault lets you know when you're on target before damage is done.

I'm guessing some other sort of cache besides deaders.

edit on 2013/5/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I'm getting the sense this is like the movie wrong turn. Any missing people from the area?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SSPI07

hmm, interesting. i personally think that it could be a few things. it's a beast from the legends and folklore, maybe a beast from a UFO or something the government made and probably escaped. I'm leaning on something the government did. but, that's just me...

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by SSPI07

29 flags for a post about hearsay regarding a couple of police cars and backhoe, and nothing more substantial than that?

Thread was created to see if people from the area may be on here and knew of anything else.

The purpose was very clear. Create a thread that didn't get any attention or something? Wow

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
reply to post by SSPI07

29 flags for a post about hearsay regarding a couple of police cars and backhoe, and nothing more substantial than that?

Thread was created to see if people from the area may be on here and knew of anything else.

The purpose was very clear. Create a thread that didn't get any attention or something? Wow

I have no qualms whatsoever with the OP making the thread in an attempt to find out what was going on, I just don't understand why people are flagging this thread. I was under the impression that they are to denote a thread of interest and/or import.

My point is that some very important news stories for which an ATS thread is created often don't garner more than 15 or 20 flags, yet a totally informationless thread gets a slew of them.

Two squads and a backhoe don't sound all that earth shattering to me. At most, it might be a murder investigation, or some stashed loot. I guess if people want to give this thread a high profile, so we can all get to the heart of this very important matter, then flagging makes sense, although I really question the notion of making querying ATS threads on such prosaic matters. So next time someone loses a cat, they can create an ATS thread about it in order to try to find their cat -- particularly if they think it may have been an alien abduction.

Edit:

Whoops, this is already happening -- the missing kitty thread, not necessarily the alien abduction part:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It's getting flagged to bring more attention to it. To see if there's more people here who have more info.

How do you not see that?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why doesn't someone just pick up a phone and call the news outlets in town, the police and sheriff departments, and/or the national guard or the widow woman who lives in a house overlooking the site, and find out what they know or are willing to tell?

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I think maybe this guy can't find his way back to Flatwoods WV.

www.flatwoodsmonster.com...

Pladuim

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join