It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad "to declare war" on Israel following fresh airstrikes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Nobody "declares war" these days.

If you want to attack another country, you just do it.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's better not to declare war because that will keep the situation confusing.

Also, I am afraid that Syria declaring war on Israel would simply be an invitation for Israeli tanks to plow on through.

My suggestion for Syria, let it slide, forget about it if possible.
War with Israel would only mean way more dead and injured.

Avoiding exasperating an already volatile situation should be of primary concern.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

It most certainly cannot be delivered by a C-130. It can currently only be delivered by a B2.

The MOAB you mention is not a penetration weapon. Its a daisy cutter. Useless against a bunker.

Wait wait wait.

I have missed a lot of this debate so far but, I must say I am surprised to see someone mention this.

If it were a B2 it was the USAF.

I will look further into your suggestions, that is interesting you brought it up.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think what hit was a bunker buster on a cache of missiles.

lucky shot hit the sweet spot and booom!

you can see a number of small puffs and booms in the immediate moments before the big bang.

I'm guessing the US gave a green light for Israel to use one of its newly purchased American made bunker busters.. to see what it can do, to see how it works and to send a message.

in saying that, the blast in the movie isn't 'THAT' big.

Its just that its done at night, the light and the impact on darkness makes it look apocalyptic.
I cant imagine it was much bigger than any of the 3 missiles that pounded the Gaza sports field after the bus bomb went off.

The strange thing about this hit, was it was done at night.

If this was a MOAB or what not delivered by the C130.. wtf happened with Syria's air defenses?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm curious why everybody is fixating on unusual weapons.

A precision strike with conventional guided bombs on to a weapons dump would have the same effect. Something the Israeli airforce can do with ease.

They have the motive and they have the capacity. Nothing exotic is required.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

If this was a MOAB or what not delivered by the C130.. wtf happened with Syria's air defenses?

Several possibilities.

1) Their AA is weak or non-existent (unlikely).

2) They were so distracted by the civil war, they failed to check their radars.

3) Some sort of stealthy aircraft was used that could evade their air radar systems.

Number 3 brings me back to what the poster said above about it being a B2, which would mean it isn't Israel who did the strike it would have to be the USAF since they are the only ones operating this specific craft.

I highly doubt anyone would use a C130 for a night time air strike in hostile territory (without having any other sorties going on at the period). It's unreasonable to even suggest using a C130 as a "First Strike craft".

I'm afraid this is looking more and more like something stealthy and we are being deceived by the media.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Just think about it:

What air force general's bright idea would it be to do a preemptive first strike with a c130, and yet not use anything else?

None of it makes any sense.

The odds of it being a c130 (or any similar type) are next to nil.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
From your post it looks like Israel is aiding AlQaida ( the syrian rebels ) against the legitimate government of Syria
Shouldn't that make Israel a target for drone strikes of the US drones in the same way Pakistan is a target of the US drones?

You know this stuff gets really confusing. It would be nice if people would only fight for sovereign states wearing a military uniform, otherwise, leave, drink beer, and surf.

I can't tell who is doing what half the time.

In my mind, unless there is a legal rebellion against a tyrant who is forcing people to stay in the border of his tyrannical rule then unless they are wearing a military uniform with a sovereign flag on their uniforms they should leave, surf and drink beer, Maybe even engage in whoredoms if Assad is not forcing them to stay.

Al-Quaida, Hezbollah, FSA......confusing.

However if Assad has been indeed arming Hezbollah and they have been engaging in unprovoked attacks against Israel, which Syria denies arming them, then he should be deposed for arming Hezbollah when they do not represent a sovereign government that has declared a legal war.

If that can be proven then any means necessary to depose Assad is justifiable as is an attack on weapons that could go to Hezbollah.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by justwokeup

It most certainly cannot be delivered by a C-130. It can currently only be delivered by a B2.

The MOAB you mention is not a penetration weapon. Its a daisy cutter. Useless against a bunker.

Wait wait wait.

I have missed a lot of this debate so far but, I must say I am surprised to see someone mention this.

If it were a B2 it was the USAF.

I will look further into your suggestions, that is interesting you brought it up.

My only point when mentioning the moab was to not to directly blame the US for those giant fireworks. And I'm sorry for the moab idea, justwokeup, but you see - Like I said before yes, my first thoughts were "yep probably a mop", but assuming a mop, would be automatically assuming that the US had to be the one to do it, since only the US have B2s and the mop is specifically designed for the B2.

And that's a pretty serious accusation. Considering what's at stake, thats pretty much saying the US is being the lapdog of Israel on her little demand for Iran and that the US complied with Israel's "request" which is something that, even if real, I dont want to believe. Because in that case, its already written in stone that the US will be doing the fighting for them against Iran. Of course "doing the fighting" also includes the "dying" and I hate seeing Israel coming out on top, victorious over dead US soldiers. Actually over any dead soldier.

I dont like Obama but I had, and still have this tiny shred of hope that he wont be supporting Israel against Iran... I really really want to believe that. The US should let Israel fall once and for all... and then, if you still want to wage war against Iran to save your petrodollar, then its up to you, its your business - but doing it because of Israel? Never.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Surgical? Yea... well... if your surgical instruments include a chainsaw.

Greatest thing I've read in a while.

I am not defending Israel but lets be honest here... If Syria even tries to fight with Israel they will get owned pretty bad. Again I am not defending Israel, just stating a fact. Syria has too much bs going on to actually go to war with Israel.

-SAP-
edit on 6-5-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Surgical? Yea... well... if your surgical instruments include a chainsaw.

Greatest thing I've read in a while.

I am not defending Israel but lets be honest here... If Syria even tries to fight with Israel they will get owned pretty bad.

-SAP-
edit on 6-5-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

If they fight alone.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Good point. It's hard to tell if they will.

-SAP-

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Just goes to prove Israeli agents are on the ground in Syria,the target would have to have been "painted" to guide the missle to it's target,or Israeli jets would have to have been in Syrian airspace.
www.eliteukforces.info...
tsk tsk Israel
edit on 6-5-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Indeed it seems so.
This Article is taken from a PDF published by the Association of Arab-American University Graduates Inc.

I came upon this PDF file while searching for information on Israel / Arab affairs.

It has some rather predictive insights into the Plans and methodology that Israel’s Zionists hope to achieve in the future.

TextThe plan operates on two essential premises. To survive , Israel must

• Become an imperial regional power and
• must effect the division of the whole area into small states by the dissolution of all existing Arab states.

Small here will depend on the ethnic or sectarian composition of each state. Consequently, the Zionist hope is that sectarian-based states become Israel’s satellites and, ironically, its source of moral legitimation.

The document further states:-

TextThis is not a new idea, nor does it surface for the first time in Zionist strategic thinking. Indeed, fragmenting all Arab stated into smaller units has been a recurrent theme. This theme has been documented on a very modest scale in the AAUG publication, Israel’s Sacred Terrorism ( 1980), by Livia Rokach. Based on the memoirs of Moshe Sharett, former Prime Minister of Israel, Roakach’s study documents, in convincing detail, the Zionist plan as it applies to Lebanon and as it was prepared in the mid-fifties.

Now the above of course was written a number of years ago , but it does demonstrate the long term planning involved.

It goes on to say :-

Text The first massive Israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1978 bore this plan out to the minutest detail. The second and more barbaric and encompassing Israeli invasion of Lebanon on June 6, 1982, aims to effect certain parts of this plan, which hopes to see not only Lebanon, but Syria and Jordon as well, in fragments. This ought to make mockery of Israeli public claims regarding their desire for a strong and independent Lebanese central government. More accurately, they want a Lebanese central Government the sanctions their regional imperialist designs by signing a peace treaty with them.

Above we can see the clear plans they have for Syria.

Text They also seek acquiescence in their designs by the Syrian, Iraqi, Jordanian and other Arab governments as well as by the Palestinian people. What they want and what they are planning for is not an Arab world, but a world of Arab fragments that is ready to succumb to Israeli hegemony. Hence, Oded Yinon in his essay “A Strategy for Israel in the 1980’s”, talks about “far-reaching opportunities for the first time since 1967” that are created by the “very stormy situation [that] surrounds Israel”.

I found this to be an interesting read considering the current event now taking place in the Middle East.
I have provided the link below for the PDF , should anyone wish to pursue further this information.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA

Assad "to declare war" on Israel following fresh airstrikes

Translation: suicide.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Israel isn't that interested in Syria, but if Syria declares war on Israel, then it drags Iran in, then hey bingo! green light to launch an attack against Irans nuclear facilities and that's what they wanted all along. Russia will probably be placated by some concession on keeping its Tarsus base,,,I hope.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by below
Uh... wouldnt a strike on a country be an ACT of WAR in the first place

If US was struck by a few missiles, Iran, would US be at war with Iran yet?

S&F for obviousness, though

edit on 4-5-2013 by below because: (no reason given)

Nope, because they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of hitting us with any of their slings and arrows. They'd have to use brainwashed terrorist cells on the inside to do anything, which was probably what Boston was about since they have been threatening to do for months now yet somehow our attention is being draw away from that little parellel.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join