It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad "to declare war" on Israel following fresh airstrikes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ok I went off a little to laugh a bit with gay obama video... whats this about nukes?

That wasnt a nuclear blast. Or at least it didnt seem like it. It was one hell of a bomb tho...

Like I said in other threads... people are obsessed with nukes lately. NK / SK = nukes, NK / US = nukes, Iran / Israel = nukes, China / India = nukes and now... Israel / Syria = nukes!

Sometimes... its like some people want it. If one comes your way, most people better realize that there wont be that cool post-apocalyptic scenario like in the movies or games - actually most people wont even feel it, and others will be the last thing they'll see. For the lucky ones... well the game is just beginning. It was just the first of many, there and around the world.

I just dont get it why some people are so eager for the end-game. The ultimate thrill? Sh... go play russian roulette to a corner with a full 6, by yourself. Just dont drag others into your wishes of self-destruction.

This crap with Israel and Syria and the US and Russia and Iran and their friends is already pretty dangerous as it is... doesnt really need nuclear crap.

For once it will probably be like "christmas in july".

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
New Iranian election is less than 40 days away…

I wonder what these Zionist bastards are promised to, because by any means their recent actions are indeed pure provocation.

At least I am happy that this time they can’t play (victims) as the way they use to in whatever misery they are looking after, they should be held responsible for they actions in international court of laws and justice.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
New Iranian election is less than 40 days away…

I wonder what these Zionist bastards are promised to, because by any means their recent actions are indeed pure provocation.

At least I am happy that this time they can’t play (victims) as the way they use to in whatever misery they are looking after, they should be held responsible for they actions in international court of laws and justice.

I wonder about this myself. Is there an ulterior motive? Or is it Israel defending itself? I do know one thing though, that it is an Intelligence nightmare with enemies' relationships with enemies of enemies, enemies of friends, friends of enemies that are friends ect...
I see now why U.S. would now reconsider about arming Syrian rebels. It was a dumb idea in the first place. You'd think they'd have learned from arming Afghans to fight the Soviets.
edit on 5-5-2013 by AnimositisominA because: worders gon word wrong- so gotta feeeix it

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Ok I went off a little to laugh a bit with gay obama video... whats this about nukes?

That wasnt a nuclear blast. Or at least it didnt seem like it. It was one hell of a bomb tho...

Like I said in other threads... people are obsessed with nukes lately. NK / SK = nukes, NK / US = nukes, Iran / Israel = nukes, China / India = nukes and now... Israel / Syria = nukes!

Sometimes... its like some people want it. If one comes your way, most people better realize that there wont be that cool post-apocalyptic scenario like in the movies or games - actually most people wont even feel it, and others will be the last thing they'll see. For the lucky ones... well the game is just beginning. It was just the first of many, there and around the world.

I just dont get it why some people are so eager for the end-game. The ultimate thrill? Sh... go play russian roulette to a corner with a full 6, by yourself. Just dont drag others into your wishes of self-destruction.

This crap with Israel and Syria and the US and Russia and Iran and their friends is already pretty dangerous as it is... doesnt really need nuclear crap.

For once it will probably be like "christmas in july".

People saw the vid of the explosion and went "ehrmagherd! eeits ah newk!" and blogged it simultaneously.
Wrabbit showed some cold hard data in this thread to show otherwise luckily.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
As of now I am chasing rumors of an Iranian military presence on the Syrian side of the Golan Mountains. I havn't found any evidence of this. I'm familiarizing myself with the geography of the area as well.

Well... officially Iranian it cant be - hezbollah yes. The "rumors" you hear is because the hezbollah is funded by iran so israel has been yelling since ... I dont know, from last year to last month "Iran is deploying troops in syria" - last count was at 50 thousand or something.

Which since its Israel doing the math, it means like... almost one third of that - give or take 14 thousand at best. They called it "The People's Army" formed in november or december 2012 led by Quds Force (irgc special forces) commander Maj. Gen. Qassem Suleimani. Tough bastard btw - iran-iraq vet, spec ops commander, the un and the us have special love for him.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I wonder if the Russian Embassy in Damascus was hit or what about
the United Arab Emrites Embassy?
Has there been any response from either of them?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A Reuters source had this to say:
"In last night's attack, as in the previous one, what was attacked were stores of Fateh-110 missiles that were in transit from Iran to Hezbollah,"
www.reuters.com...
Still no word from Israel.
Here's the wiki for the missiles: 300km range---3,450kg
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-5-2013 by AnimositisominA because: word

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

There hasn't been much of a comment from anybody. Seems like a blackout for now.
U.S. and Israel are probably busy coordinating their propaganda.

I do have a map up earlier in the thread of targets that were hit. Id take it with a grain of salt, as it seems the map was made from twitter reports from the area (its in Arabic but translated by a veteran I believe).

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Well it is morning there and daylight.

Perhaps there are accessing the damage???

I would look to RT or PressTV for anything up to date.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
www.outsidethebeltway.com...

Israel Bombs Syria Over Weapons Transfer

WASHINGTON — Israel aircraft bombed a target in Syria overnight Thursday, an Obama administration official said Friday night, as United States officials said they were considering military options, including carrying out their own airstrikes.

And:

A spokesman for the Israeli Embassy in Washington declined on Friday night to comment on the Israeli attack, which was first reported by CNN, saying only in a statement, “Israel is determined to prevent the transfer of chemical weapons or other game-changing weaponry by the Syrian regime to terrorists, specially to Hezbollah in Lebanon.”

Also in the report:

Those officials say that attacking the chemical stockpiles directly has been all but ruled out. “You could cause exactly the disaster you are trying to prevent,” a senior Israeli military official said in an interview last week in Tel Aviv.

But attacking Mr. Assad’s main delivery systems, the officials say, would curtail his ability to transport those weapons any significant distance. “This wouldn’t stop him from using it on a village, or just releasing it on the ground, or handing something to Hezbollah,” said one European official who has been involved in the conversations “But it would limit the damage greatly.”

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Jamraya is 8km (5mi) from the russian embassy in damascus and pretty much the same distance to the uae embassy.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
not spreading doom, but IF this would draw any interest or response from Iran, believe the USA would utilize an opportunity to claim 'Required War' with Iran

this may be Israel and the US goading Iran into a retaliation of some kind for an excuse, either way

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Still waiting on a statement from Israel even though Netanyahu's cabinet meeting has begun.

The silence is deafening.
Here is my take on this:

Isreal wants to destabilize Syria. It would be most beneficial to let Syria's civil war run as long as possible, so invading them would be stupid, because as Wrabbit said, invasion by Israel would mean no civil war.

But Syria's civil war is actually not really just a civil war. It is actually more so a clustermug of a war by proxy. Hezbollah and Iran propped up the Assad regime with arms. They are not doing this to hurt Israel. They are doing this because Assad protects the shia minorities. A large percentage of the rebels are sunni, but there are a lot of different militia groups with different objectives.
The rebels are supported by Quatari and Saudi regimes with weapons. The US supports the Quatari and Saudis with weapons, who then give the weapons to the rebels.
And then there's Russia selling weapons to the Assad regime. Zero mugs are given from the U.S. and Russia. I think the high ups of both are probably having a sick laugh while Syria gets screwed from every direction, and Israel walks its tightrope with Iran.
So, my prediction is there won't be a declaration of war by Assad, and there wont be a ground invasion by Israel.
Just the pointless deaths of thousands by "civil" war, rockets, and bombs.
edit on 5-5-2013 by AnimositisominA because: worders gon word yo

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ha - he can't even defeat rebels in his own country.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Well they have Turkey assisting in the back up of the rebels with operatives smuggling weapons and money to the non-Syrian rebels, The US is arming rebels, training rebels, providing them support. The only reason they haven't called a no fly zone and just be done with it is because of Russia. This ain't Libya. I hope to gawd Putin didn't bail on Assad.
edit on 5-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

If Putin green-lighted this deal that means they have agreed to split the spoils. Everyone knows Iran is next. The gates of hell are about to open.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Ha - he can't even defeat rebels in his own country.

As I said in my post just above yours
, its not just a civil war. Without the Saudi and Quatari regimes (helped by the U.S.) the rebels would have been wiped out long ago.

But with Iran and Hezbollah in his corner (as well as weapons from Russia) he could have the brass to stand up to Israel. IMO, this is not likely though as his plate is indeed full, and Israel just wants to destabilize them further.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That is exactly what is happening. He is getting double-teamed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by GrantedBail

If Putin green-lighted this deal that means they have agreed to split the spoils. Everyone knows Iran is next. The gates of hell are about to open.

I doubt that Russia even cares. If it would bring the ruskies close to a conflict with the U.S. or Israel, they'd leave Assad out to dry in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

That I doubt. They have strategic interests in the region.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join