It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FACEBOOK" not sure where to post this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have had enough of this..... i want to start a class action suite against FACEBOOK... Anyone can post anything ....
Last night a truck tire blew on the highway by our house... People posted it was a pipe bomb.. I am beong acused of stealing at a job I have worked at for 11 years because of some young stupid @#$%* starting crap on FACEBOOK...

Thinking of getting a lawyer.

WITCHOF43
edit on 4-5-2013 by witchof43 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Easy solution, don't have a Facebook. I never have and never plan to and I don't have the problems you do.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I think the OP is concerned about being defamed on FB and that he has lost his job because of what people having been saying about him on FB.. If he has a case it is against the people who have defamed him rather than FB.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think ispyed is right. Instead of going after Facebook maybe you can sue the people for deformation of character or slander.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I agree with most of the replies here.

If it can be proven that Facebook has provided information about you to people, without you being a member of Facebook, you may have a case.

Otherwise, you should just focus on the people speaking against you.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I AM NOT A HE.... AND FACE BOOK IS FFFFFING WITH MY LIFE>>>
I have had enough. Waiting for my son to get home safely from prom.....

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by witchof43

If a person is posting falsehoods about you on Facebook - especially ones that are effecting your job - you do have several things you can do. First of all you can report the posts and FB will take them down. You might also have grounds for litigation for any lost wages or pain and suffering due to defamation.

In the meantime... if your job does act upon these false claims you would also be able to file against them for whatever might apply, from demotion, suspension, termination, etc.

Honestly, I'd simply approach my boss and deal with the issue directly. Let them know that you've got nothing to hide and that you do not, at all, appreciate being singled out over baseless charges made by a coworker on a social networking site. If it's a large company you can file a grievance with human resources.

All that aside, I can tell that you are upset by this, and rightfully so. But allowing yourself to be upset does you no good. Use that energy towards proactively dealing with this problem. Personally I'd tell my boss "Investigate me all you want. And when you find out the accusations are false, I do expect you to terminate the other party."

I hope this helps and the best of luck to you.

~Heff

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thank You for your advice. I appreciate you hearing what i said. I will speak to my boss and try to figure out why I am being attacked. I believe in Karma.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Facebook is a wild place for sure. I haven't had an account with fb for over 2 yers now. I am just a member here.

Hope everything works out for you for the best. And hope your child made it safe back from prom.

Best of luck to you.

~nat

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This isn't Facebook's fault.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

He Did... Thank Our Creator... (:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Well it is, the platform is wrong. I can post anything about anyone, and it can be a lie and ruin someone"s life.
No Remorse with Facebook.... They are not liable, but own everything your post, including pics.
But never liable...... B.S.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Facebook is basically full of it. A Annoying feature of it is it pops up people saying add as friend. Then you do that and a day later saying you cant add them unles your personally know them. They are attempting to socially engineer human socal behaviours. They need a citizens lawsuite againt the, on a grand scale to give thema kick up the backside.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
seriously you people are using facebook totally wrong.

you don't add people you don't like.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
First suggestion..

Get off facebook.

Or, block those who are not on your friends list.

I really don't get you people.

Or, get a life and you won't have this problem.

Simple.

Chit, I don't have time for facebook.

Must be nice...

edit on 5-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Must be nice...

How is it any different then using ATS?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by witchof43
reply to post by SpearMint

Well it is, the platform is wrong. I can post anything about anyone, and it can be a lie and ruin someone"s life.
No Remorse with Facebook.... They are not liable, but own everything your post, including pics.
But never liable...... B.S.

You can do that without Facebook, you can do that without the Internet. It's not Facebook's fault, it's ridiculous to think they should be liable for user posts.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If you believe in Karma....just leave it alone and do nothing. The truth always prevails. Ignore it, dont remove it....and say nothing. Give it no power to defeat.

In the end, it will be shown and proven. Those who are your friends will know its untrue info, and wont care. And others who dont even know you....why care about them?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's Facebook! Don't take it too seriously.

If you don't like what people are posting scroll past it or alert it if you think it's a harmful post.

I have FB and I hate their little "stalker feed" in the corner that tells you what all your friends are posting. If I wanted everyone to see what i said to say my fiancee I'd tag them in the damn post! Imo it is NOBODY's business what I post on another's wall or what I comment on. I do not like that feature and it really creeps me out sometimes because it's like some watch that feed and as soon as you do ANYTHING they are immediately messaging you or liking your comment on a page that they don't even follow. It just creeps me out. I don't see it because I have an add on that allows me to customize my FB to an extent. I could careless what people are posting on their friends walls, it's none of my business!

I have FB because my fiancee is overseas and it's the only way we can instant chat. We can't do skype or anything else so it's FB. I post random stuff and pics of my animals and food. I could careless if the govt is "watching" FB I have nothing on there that I wouldn't say or share in public.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Manhater

Must be nice...

How is it any different then using ATS?

Have you noticed the only time I have time for ATS is late at night and wee early mornings.

I'm not on ATS all day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join