It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ignorance and stupidity are going to KILL ME!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

well last week i almost had a nervous brake down, with all the crazy things going on lately...i think im done with all this crazy ass sh for now...its too overwhelming.

i think im going back into the matrix to "hibernate" for a while until i can get my self back together again.

and at the end of the day its about survival of fittest only the most prepared will survive, let the rest die

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am glad to see some one that is openly a free thinker and would just like to prepare for the worst but hope for the best. What you should probably remember is that though you may prepare, others are very content with playing the odds. Nothing major has happened to change US Government or policies, all of the changes have been a little at a time over a long period, and some people would prefer to trust others to have their best at heart. I don't know that I would try too hard to openly prepare them if they aren't the type to see it. You should relax just a little as well, I see a lot of negative in this whole world right now and am trying to get myself setup to take care of me and mine should I need to because of lost income or whatever happens, but should it come to be all I can do is my best to take what happens and make the best of it. I really hope all the name callers and demeaning people on here are right and some of us are crazy, but to me some of the bad things add up to it getting worse.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The main theme with you here can be broken down to jsut basically this: You can only prepare, worry, educate and take care of yourself. You cant save the world. Worry just about yourself 1st.

Everyone esle remember (as your stated)...wont beleive you, wont have any knowledge or background about any of these thing, or they wont care....or they will be the very one's who in time of distress will turn on you, kill you and take your stuff.

Hard to think to leave your family behind in times of trouble...but look. They arent worrying about you when it happens, rt? They arent really believing anything WILL or COULD or is GOING to happen.

Save yourself...pray for the others.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Wanna hear a rant, ATS?

I love my family dearly. They're helping me finish school right now.

I love my friends dearly too. They're family.

But my GOD. How can people be so content living in a mindless fluffy BUBBLE?

Lately, I've been extremely stressed. Been thinking about how I'm going to prep for my loved ones, and how I'm going to talk their parents into letting me take their kids to a bunker in the event of some national emergency.

Casual family conversation, right?

My good ol' southern family isn't too big on conspiracies, and here I am, a teenager making big bug-in and bug-out plans for a large circle of friends, who AREN'T conspirators, and who I question constantly regarding their ability to handle life-or-death stress because they're known to spiral into panic attacks over extremely MILD things... ALONG with all my little cousins, who have non-conspirator parents, and frankly, who think I'm bat-#### crazy.

I'm so SICK of being looked down on by people who don't have a crack open in their minds. My mother. Calling me an "ungrateful a$$wipe" because I told her I wasn't going to listen to her talk to me like trash, like I don't deserve her Godly presence, because she's worked all her life, and I'm worthless, I'm just like my damn father, I haven't graduated yet, etc etc...

And I'm SICK of seeing moral devaluation on everything on tv. INCLUDING coming across this sick commercial. Its a commercial for whooping cough vaccines, and its scary and traumatizing. They really NEED mothers to be scared out of their minds for the safety of their babies, so they'll inject them with another healthy dosage of government poison.

A woman's farm being destroyed and her being charged for having it. She could get up to twelve years, as mentioned in this thread.

CICPA passing the house while everyone is groveling over poor little Boston. Never mind the bombing in Iraq that happened the same day, killing three times as many people. Or the one in Afghanistan. Cause POOR BOSTON! It only matters if AMERCIANS die. Everyone knows that.

According to the media, anyway.

How do you PREP for people who don't CARE?

More to the point, how can you even CARE about people who don't care?!

It kills me to look at my little cousins, and my brother and sister. The world is gonna ruin them.

I hate it.

I really, REALLY hate it.

Schools threatening the kids with suspension if they don't take their poison shots.

Families who believe everything the tv tells them is God's word.

Why do you NEED AR 15s?

So YOU can't use me like a SLAVE.

THAT'S why, you damn heartless demons.

But because I yell at people in walmart about how the government is out to kill them, I'm the bad one. Listen, I'm well aware that it makes me look like a lunatic, but my ability to speak is one of the few things they HAVEN'T yet taken. INCLUDING our guns.

Of COURSE I'm gonna rant. This stuff PISSES ME OFF!

Of COURSE we're gonna stick to our guns. Look at our government!

Look at all the lies, wrapped in lies and rumors and half-truths! Where's the line anymore?!

Look at the deaths, both home and overseas. What kills more than anything else on the planet?

Democide.

But aside from that, the government loves you.

Never forget that.

Now... go back to sleep.

edit on 4-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

what the world needs now is.....

....many many more young just like you nightangelus.

bravo, bravo and bravo again.

you know that your time is coming 'round
don't let the bastards grind you down.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

I don't hope to change the world by talking to people at walmart about vaccines, but maybe make a dent? Its worth a try. My brother has severe autism because of a bottom-of-the barrel vaccine from the military when my father was in the Army, they gave it to him when he was an infant.

That kind of mental disorder doesn't run in my family. That's what makes me think it was the vaccine.

It astounds me how many drones are on ATS anymore, too.

But... after I made this thread last night, all the thoughts hit me at once like a bomb. I turned everything off and started drawing. Needed to calm down. So, I CAN take a chill pill... but I don't wanna be out of the loop for too long. My obsession.

Well... guess I'll go back to being a drama queen now. I'm such a deviant, for having strong feelings or beliefs about anything. Cause that's the rules of society, cause society said so.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I think you need to forget about the world for a bit of time.

I mean completely too, just DGAF about anything then come back and see how you feel.

I'm sort of the same way in some aspects, hard not to see it sometimes, but to let it effect you to that point?
Breaky breaky

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i think you should stop calling people names if they dont agree with you..

i'm not a drone or a sheeple.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." — Morpheus.

edit on 6/5/2013 by Dark Ghost because: shortened quote

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Wanna hear a rant, ATS?

I love my family dearly. They're helping me finish school right now.

I love my friends dearly too. They're family.

(huge wall of text)

edit on 4-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

look i completely agree with you however, you're a bit young for all this truth #, you need to take it easy. about your family...? well mines the same im the conspiracy nut and am always getting laughed at, till the point that i just stopped talking to them about it, you gotta realize one thing, some people are willfully ignorant, and no matter how much proofs you show them, they will never break out of their bubble.
and whats this about you yelling at people truth # at walmart? they're gonna send you to a ward. and im hella sure your mom will agree to send you. dont do that anymore else one day some corrupt police will come and talk to your parents about instituting you in a ward pretending that he cares, there are many of us inside wards and prisons due to talking to much.

So here's my advice, keep your mouth shut and learn to live with it. Try to bug out of the USA if you can, or atleast get out of the cities, don't you have any family members who live in the country sides? (Run to the hills~ lol)
Stop talking to your family/friends about conspiracy stuff, if they were gonna crack they woulda done so by now, Try to select your game, don't go ranting about stuff like this to random strangers, and if you see that at first or second time they don't crack, then just give up on them.

as for me, right now i've moved out of any usa territory, it saddens me because my family/friends are all ignorant bubble dwellers like yours, but i'm not willing to die just yet. we need more and more able hands able of self thought in the future. This is what i can best recommend for you.. just leave it all behind and start your life elsewhere you never know what you may reap out of it.

It's all written down in a book prophesied thousands of years ago, i'm sure HE didnt want any of this to happen to them, its just what HE saw regarding the future. They're willfully ignorant and they will remain so.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Serious question!

You don't own or have access to any firearms, do you?

How can people be so content living in a mindless fluffy BUBBLE?

Have you ever considered that this “mindless fluffy BUBBLE” is created to keep you sheltered and keep your parent SANE? We all do it!

edit on 6-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"How can people be so content living in a mindless fluffy BUBBLE?

Lately, I've been extremely stressed."

I agree with you. They live in the bubble because coming out if would give them MORE stress, having to deal with the true reality of the world.

For many the truth not only sets you free, it makes you mad, scared, and fearful.

Most people are able to train themselves only the bubble matters. For some the bubble bursts and they are forced to learn. For others they can stay in the bubble there whole life, if for example, if you are the heirs of rich family or can have a constant money flow without regard for other humans.

edit on 6-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

To everyone;

Of course, it's them with a problem. It really annoys me when people rant about people who are "asleep" but don't consider that they may actually be the one with issues, you sound overly paranoid and way too serious. Are you going to let conspiracy theories ruin your relationships with loved ones?

I never said I lived without my own problems, now did I?

I'm not perfect. Neither are they. This issue in PARTICULAR annoys me, so I'm ranting.

How is it when anyone reacts to the wrongness of the world at large, they're "paranoid" or "extreme" or a "drama queen?" Am I really hearing this from ATS? God... the world is hopeless.

I consider the fault in my own thoughts. All the time, on a constant basis, every fraction of every second, and its maddening. Just because you assume I don't consider those things doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite.

If I let this define my relationship with loved ones, would I still be HERE with them?

Don't be so hard on yourself, you will get better someday if you stay here long enough

I've considered closing my ATS account, but the site is too interesting. While its overbearingly maddening, its fun to read up on a zillion different facts and opinions regarding an alternative perspective of the world. The more people you know with an ear to the ground, the more you know.

Be thankful that those "mindless fluffy BUBBLE" folk are paying for your education.

They aren't paying for my school. I'm about to graduate high school, and got kicked out of my apartment, so I'm crashing with some family for the time being.

I'm grateful to them for a lot of things. But I left for a reason.

I don't want to be like them.

But that brings me to my next topic, Which is...Dont let all the Conspiracies, and Prophecies and what have you cloud your mind...When I got out the military...That's all I thought about, I was on here, and RT, listening to Alex Jones (lol) 24/7!! After a while, I realized that all of that had no point to it...I was trying to open the minds of my family and friends, but it had no effect...They all called me crazy of course. But they were kinda right.

I'm still looking for a fine line between enlightenment and obsession. Haven't found it yet, obviously.

You should really consider taking the time to enjoy being a teenager, while you still are one.

I can't enjoy anything. I know that sounds stupid, but I literally can NOT clear my mind enough to enjoy things. Back before I knew anything bad about the world, I was a mindless happy kid (I was still a deviant, but not obsessed with conspiracies). When I started hearing things, like things you hear on ATS, it really hit me hard... drove me insane for a while. It still does.

Sometimes, I stay off ATS for a week, don't listen to Infowars, don't visit my site, don't involve myself with those things at all. But it doesn't matter. I can't clear my head like I could a few years ago. Everywhere I look, something is wrong. On tv, there's some sick conspiracy going on, the degeneration of morals on all the tv shows, the whining and bias stories covering the news, and oh my GOD the sexuality in EVERYTHING! It makes me so. Freaking. SICK.

Its not right for me to calm down, alright?

I can't do it. And I don't want to.

Let it drive me crazy. I don't care.

At least I'm not hiding anymore.

I think everything you're going through is pretty normal stuff. As you grow older, you'll realize that there are a lot of things in this world you can't do anything about. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.

As far as conspiracies and the government, you're letting it consume you. Do you have any hobbies or interests ? Friends ? People out shopping don't want someone telling them what they should do with their life. Would you like it ? You really need to chill on that stuff, before you do something that might get you arrested or hurt.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I really do feel your frustrations. I think i just hold more in. I know my family thinks i'm at least a little crazy!

Everything your saying is right! But remember this...

We live in an insane world..

With Insane people running the show.

So sane people are viewed as Insane for noticing it!

But you have got to have restraint... You must find Balance.

Because we still have to exist in this insane world. We can never rise above the condition of our people.

Slowly and intelligently educate them.

Because nobody, not even you or me, listens to anyone trying to push their beliefs on others too hard.

Be inventive and cunning when you try and awaken the sleeping.

I do things like, when someone spends the night at my house, the next morning when they ask for toothpaste,
I hand them a container of rat poison... And when they say " Dude this is rat poison!"

I, with a very straight face, ask them to read me the ingredients...

And when they read back " Sodium Fluoride "

I say, see..... Same thing!

The faces are priceless...

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Ok...

1) Make your prep plan. Don't worry about communicating it. As long as your people know they can come to you if any such crisis happens, that is all that matters. It can be as ambiguous as that. Of course, you're a teenager, so don't expect adults to really have any confidence you know what you are doing.

2) As young as you are, your options are limited. Do you have such a bunker in mind? Do you know you can get there? Or is this just some ambiguous idea?

3) Don't even hint at a plan if you don't really have one (with specifics). It certainly will prevent them taking you seriously.

4) You're pretty young to even consider this kind of thing, why the fear? Usually, this doesn't kick in until you have something built up that you could lose.

Personally, I approach it jokingly (with them), often referring to it as "zombie apocalypse" preparation...but realistically, my friends and family know that if something does happen, they can come to the ranch to ride it out and survive.

edit on 6-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You had the misfortune of being born into an incurious family and you yourself are curious. Perhaps it was your brother's autism that woke you up, maybe just doing more reading than them. They are not going to change, incurious people never become curious unless the spell is broken and in this case that will require: The power going out permanently, cable teevee stopping, an inability to know what's going on because all communications have ceased, losing their jobs, grocery stores no longer being an option for food sources, and having to deal with a true survival-based scenario. None of these are all that likely to happen but it's good you're mentally preparing for it. If your family is rural or 'down-southerners' maybe you can help them prep by just showing an interest in and encouraging putting up food, learning to cook plain simple, inexpensive 'prep' style meals, etc.

The more likely scenario for the next 10-20 years is Kunstler's 'Long Emergency' where the economy continues to tank, jobs become more and more difficult to obtain and nearly everyone's situation gets a tad more dire every year; meanwhile the government that you have accurately assessed as being lying, crazy, sociopathic and corrupt to the core will continue doing whatever they want, because We The People haven't yet gotten uncomfortable enough to revolt; simple as that.

Make sure that you have something to look forward to; go to school for something you are truly interested in; a good way to use your research skills at this point in your life would be to find something to train in that really floats your boat, you may have a time window to be able to finish that training and it will hold you in good stead over the coming 60+ years. Take some time out and just be a kid, it only lasts a few minutes anyways; in 10 years you'll be approaching 30 and wondering where the time went. Having one thing to look forward to is often enough to sustain you; and don't do anything rash, you'll be surprised the difference a day makes.

As you get out into the word you'll start noticing that not everyone is like your family, you'll find like minds and they will cease to have so much influence over your day-to-day life. This will be a good thing.

BTW, if money is a problem be sure to talk to your high school or better yet, local college's financial aid and career counseling offices. Typically the high school one isn't all that good, but the college wants to get you in (you are a 'consumer' of what they're peddling, just be sure you get your time and money's worth) and will find the resources for you to attend. Don't let lack of funds keep you out of setting a goal and acquiring it, just make sure it's something you really want. Also look into the possibility of self-employment which does an end-run around both formal schooling and 'getting a job'. It's a longshot you'd be interested but I encourage everyone to look into the new idea of 'aquaponics'; it would work for prepping, simple money saving on food purchases and a way to take back control of your food supply to organically grown and non-GMO but can also be scaled up to a true money-making proposition for yourself and perhaps family members. There's lots of info on the web.

edit on 6-5-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

edit on 6-5-2013 by signalfire because: durn typos

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
People have been feeling this way for generations. My grandfather, rest his soul, was a "prepper". But he also fought in a World War.

He talked about EVERYTHING I've come across, on these forums, just time period adjusted.
I've read nothing new, about anything. It's mostly the same old, regurgitated stuff.
At 92 years old he died, "prepping", paranoid, and unhappy.

I've been able to live my life, in such a positive way, that I am content. Content in knowing and not knowing. I have the ability to enjoy my loved ones, my life and enjoy the freedom to do pretty much as I please. If something happens, I take comfort, that almost every human has the ability to adapt and survive.

Governments have been hiding stuff and manipulating people since the formulation of people organizing into "societies"

Religion and hatred have been responsible for more deaths, over time, than any other event.

I could go on, but the common denominator is people. We are disgusting..but...we are also beautiful.

You have the freedom to choose what to believe, in spite of the bombardment of everyone, telling you what you SHOULD believe. You have the ability to educate yourself, seek input, visit this site, and others like it. You have "instant" news, from anywhere on earth, instant input from any person, almost anywhere. The ability to socially organize, like NO OTHER generation.

Do I believe the conspiracies? I make sure I weigh EVERY single side, before I let one conspiracy, take my time away from my family. Just like it, needlessly, took time away from my grandfather.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not all preppers are paranoid or unhappy.

I try to be very happy, and live life to the fullest I can. I know a few others as well, and they are very much like me. We enjoy life, our friends, our family, and never take it to the extreme where it is a problem. Prepping is like any other chore to be completed in the week. It shouldn't infringe on fun time.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
i think you should stop calling people names if they dont agree with you..

i'm not a drone or a sheeple.

Pft. Because you didn't agree with me, or how I presented my rant, you called me a drama queen.

Good job. Now you're a hypocrite too.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
To everyone;

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." — Morpheus.

Yeah... clearly.

So here's my advice, keep your mouth shut and learn to live with it. Try to bug out of the USA if you can, or atleast get out of the cities, don't you have any family members who live in the country sides? (Run to the hills~ lol)

I have a thing with that. I can't "keep my mouth shut" anymore. I've had to do that all my life.

You don't own or have access to any firearms, do you?

So what if I did? My frustration is with the SAFETY of my loved ones, none of which care about prepping or even about getting out of bed everyday to do something other than watch anime or order pizza.

I'm not planning on killing anyone.

For many the truth not only sets you free, it makes you mad, scared, and fearful.

Yep, very true. I'm living proof of this.

I think everything you're going through is pretty normal stuff. As you grow older, you'll realize that there are a lot of things in this world you can't do anything about. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.

Here's the thing about that; I personally see that outlook as a lazy response to urgent situations. Its true that regular citizens can't do THAT much, but as long as we can do SOMETHING, we should be doing it. Right?

But you have got to have restraint... You must find Balance.

Working on it...

You're pretty young to even consider this kind of thing, why the fear? Usually, this doesn't kick in until you have something built up that you could lose.

I guess its because I don't have a circle of preppers. I have a circle of people who refuse to care about things that matter. Then I'm the psycho one, for getting angry about it.

And, my family has a lot of children. This in particular disturbs me. They have children, they can't AFFORD to be so mindless and live in denial. Their kids will pay for it, if anything happens in our life time. There are a lot of young parents in my family, and most of them don't think outside of their personal/family cult. My family is like a redneck mafia. "You mess with the family, you get ###ed up!" kinda thing. Anything outside of that gangster mentality is seen as ludacris and wrong. Thinking for yourself is sort of against the rules in my family.

And that bothers me, because they're raising KIDS!!

You had the misfortune of being born into an incurious family and you yourself are curious. Perhaps it was your brother's autism that woke you up, maybe just doing more reading than them. They are not going to change, incurious people never become curious unless the spell is broken and in this case that will require: The power going out permanently, cable teevee stopping, an inability to know what's going on because all communications have ceased, losing their jobs, grocery stores no longer being an option for food sources, and having to deal with a true survival-based scenario. None of these are all that likely to happen but it's good you're mentally preparing for it. If your family is rural or 'down-southerners' maybe you can help them prep by just showing an interest in and encouraging putting up food, learning to cook plain simple, inexpensive 'prep' style meals, etc.

Noted.

But it bothers me, because I have a lot of little cousins I'm close to, and they're being raised by incurious people. What are the odds they'd listen to me? I don't want their kids to be subject to danger if something happens because their parents look at me like I'm a lunatic. And... I kinda don't wanna have to kidnap them either.

He talked about EVERYTHING I've come across, on these forums, just time period adjusted. I've read nothing new, about anything. It's mostly the same old, regurgitated stuff. At 92 years old he died, "prepping", paranoid, and unhappy.

I'm not gonna let it get to me that much. I'm prepping for everything. Weather disasters, war, civil unrest, or something as simple as financial instability in my family. Prepping can't leat you wrong, unless you let it eat you alive like that. Of course, I guess I should practice what I preach on that one.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

First? I'd honestly and sincerely recommend taking a break. Not a long one perhaps...but it was about this time last year that I took a whole month off. Not JUST ATS, although I wasn't here either. I took a month off everything

That is excellent advice! I also take extended break when I start worrying about too much junk going on in the world. It does refresh the soul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join