It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ignorance and stupidity are going to KILL ME!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wanna hear a rant, ATS?

I love my family dearly. They're helping me finish school right now.

I love my friends dearly too. They're family.

But my GOD. How can people be so content living in a mindless fluffy BUBBLE?

Lately, I've been extremely stressed. Been thinking about how I'm going to prep for my loved ones, and how I'm going to talk their parents into letting me take their kids to a bunker in the event of some national emergency.

Casual family conversation, right?

My good ol' southern family isn't too big on conspiracies, and here I am, a teenager making big bug-in and bug-out plans for a large circle of friends, who AREN'T conspirators, and who I question constantly regarding their ability to handle life-or-death stress because they're known to spiral into panic attacks over extremely MILD things... ALONG with all my little cousins, who have non-conspirator parents, and frankly, who think I'm bat-#### crazy.

I'm so SICK of being looked down on by people who don't have a crack open in their minds. My mother. Calling me an "ungrateful a$$wipe" because I told her I wasn't going to listen to her talk to me like trash, like I don't deserve her Godly presence, because she's worked all her life, and I'm worthless, I'm just like my damn father, I haven't graduated yet, etc etc...

And I'm SICK of seeing moral devaluation on everything on tv. INCLUDING coming across this sick commercial. Its a commercial for whooping cough vaccines, and its scary and traumatizing. They really NEED mothers to be scared out of their minds for the safety of their babies, so they'll inject them with another healthy dosage of government poison.

A woman's farm being destroyed and her being charged for having it. She could get up to twelve years, as mentioned in this thread.

CICPA passing the house while everyone is groveling over poor little Boston. Never mind the bombing in Iraq that happened the same day, killing three times as many people. Or the one in Afghanistan. Cause POOR BOSTON! It only matters if AMERCIANS die. Everyone knows that.

According to the media, anyway.

How do you PREP for people who don't CARE?

More to the point, how can you even CARE about people who don't care?!

It kills me to look at my little cousins, and my brother and sister. The world is gonna ruin them.

I hate it.

I really, REALLY hate it.

Schools threatening the kids with suspension if they don't take their poison shots.

Families who believe everything the tv tells them is God's word.

Why do you NEED AR 15s?

So YOU can't use me like a SLAVE.

THAT'S why, you damn heartless demons.

But because I yell at people in walmart about how the government is out to kill them, I'm the bad one. Listen, I'm well aware that it makes me look like a lunatic, but my ability to speak is one of the few things they HAVEN'T yet taken. INCLUDING our guns.

Of COURSE I'm gonna rant. This stuff PISSES ME OFF!

Of COURSE we're gonna stick to our guns. Look at our government!

Look at all the lies, wrapped in lies and rumors and half-truths! Where's the line anymore?!

Look at the deaths, both home and overseas. What kills more than anything else on the planet?

Democide.

But aside from that, the government loves you.

Never forget that.

Now... go back to sleep.

edit on 4-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
lol
youre quite a drama queen.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well, you're turning it all into a religion.

Gotta prepare for when you die, so's you can gets into my bunker, stop being sloth's, follow my lead, do this do that let me look after you, oh ye of little faith.

No one really likes the doomsday priest.

Maybe after you finish school, live to a ripe old age and never have to bug-out, it'll become clearer.

Personally, I don't see TSHTF happening unless it is globally catastrophic, and in which case, zombies and norks fighting in the streets won't be something to worry about.

We'll all be space dust orbiting the sun.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
lol
youre quite a drama queen.

Just another sleeping drone calling me names. Give me what you got. Doesn't hurt.

The fact that anyone expresses emotion anymore is dismissed as drama or lunacy.

You're proving my point. Thanks.

Also... excuse me for ranting in the rant forum. I thought that was the point.

edit on 4-5-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Well, you're turning it all into a religion.

Gotta prepare for when you die, so's you can gets into my bunker, stop being sloth's, follow my lead, do this do that let me look after you, oh ye of little faith.

No one really likes the doomsday priest.

Maybe after you finish school, live to a ripe old age and never have to bug-out, it'll become clearer.

Personally, I don't see TSHTF happening unless it is globally catastrophic, and in which case, zombies and norks fighting in the streets won't be something to worry about.

We'll all be space dust orbiting the sun.

Look at America from an objective point of view. A relatively young country influenced by nearly everyone else on the planet, in debt to lots of people, with a monstrous government.

We have every bit of potential to crash and burn in my life time.

If I'm wrong? Thank God.

If I'm not? I'm preparing for a reason, then.

Prepping can't lead you wrongly. There's a lot of other disasters that could happen that AREN'T doomsday related.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Of course, it's them with a problem. It really annoys me when people rant about people who are "asleep" but don't consider that they may actually be the one with issues, you sound overly paranoid and way too serious. Are you going to let conspiracy theories ruin your relationships with loved ones?
edit on 4-5-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
"The ignorance and stupidity are going to KILL ME!!!"

Don't be so hard on yourself, you will get better someday if you stay here long enough

I had to, it was just so easy

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm stuck for words!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Be thankful that those "mindless fluffy BUBBLE" folk are paying for your education.
Be thankful, if something happens, you are there to help.
Be thankful, folks who love you, ignore you when you feel you are more enlightened.

I went through a similar period when I was 16- 19. Now at 32, I ask my family for advice more than I ever did as a child.
Nothing substitutes for experience.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I totally understand where your coming from. My family and friends are beyond Ignorant!! And it makes me incredibly angry. Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but sometimes, I literally face-palm, at the crap they put on Facebook. (Yes I have a facebook. I was in the military and its a great way to communicate with family and friends etc...)

But that brings me to my next topic, Which is...Dont let all the Conspiracies, and Prophecies and what have you cloud your mind...When I got out the military...That's all I thought about, I was on here, and RT, listening to Alex Jones (lol) 24/7!! After a while, I realized that all of that had no point to it...I was trying to open the minds of my family and friends, but it had no effect...They all called me crazy of course. But they were kinda right.

At least your Mind is free from mainstream thinking.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX

My good ol' southern family isn't too big on conspiracies, and here I am, a teenager making big bug-in and bug-out plans for a large circle of friends, who AREN'T conspirators, and who I question constantly regarding their ability to handle life-or-death stress because they're known to spiral into panic attacks over extremely MILD things... ALONG with all my little cousins, who have non-conspirator parents, and frankly, who think I'm bat-#### crazy.
This is obviously just my opinion, but I think you should stop worrying about all that crap.

[color=C7FFD2]You should really consider taking the time to enjoy being a teenager, while you still are one.

P.S. Do you know what a 'Conspirator' is?

[color=C7FFD2] : one who conspires : plotter

edit on 5/4/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

and how I'm going to talk their parents into letting me take their kids to a bunker in the event of some national emergency.

While I do understand your frustration, this may not be a subject these parents care to discuss with you. I mean, if it were about to go down, I know I just want to be with my daughter, no matter where it is. You could at the very least invite the parents to come along to the bunker with their children.
edit on 4-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ignorance and stupidity is going to kill us all. Your not in that high of a position. Come back to earth.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, Op, I'm hardly going to be with the 'in' crowd and talk down to you like you're a kid. I have no idea what your age is and it doesn't matter. I'll also note, that whooping cough commercial pissed me off too, and for the same reason. The 'be afraid! Be very afraid' garbage is getting to be too much all around in media and public dis-service announcements like that one. It's the last thing anyone needs and they're doing little more than stressing people to the breaking point. Indeed.

I will say this though. It sounds like you're letting it get to be too much in terms of focusing too hard. When people ask me what I do online, I have a reply that usually stops the topic from going much further.

"I examine body counts and how they got dead to be counted in the first place. When I run out of that, I examine how more will die tomorrow!". (which isn't far from the truth..lol You should see the looks I get sometimes tho)

It rarely fails to shut someone up when talking about things to a person who really doesn't care what I actually do anyway, is the last thing I want to spend time with.

The thing is....volunteering such happy thoughts with people who don't want to hear it, would have the same effect and it sounds like you may be doing that a bit as well.

-------

First? I'd honestly and sincerely recommend taking a break. Not a long one perhaps...but it was about this time last year that I took a whole month off. Not JUST ATS, although I wasn't here either. I took a month off everything but the site I work at. News...newspapers, news websites and even discussion of news with anyone in my life. ALL of it. You know what? I felt MUCH better and had things in perspective in a way I hadn't even realized I'd lost.

You never do see it, when it's your own self losing it. That kinda the point and what makes the problem so insidious. Anyway. That's my advice for what it's worth. Take just a couple weeks off ..if nothing else. Don't even let the news run if it pops in (unless it's a special bulletin of course...but what are the odds? I mean REALLY what are the odds? Not high, at all).

--------

When you get back and feel refreshed, and you will, trust me.... Then focus on how you prepare yourself. If necessary, think through how to crash prepare others ...from a cold start and without their advance help or knowledge. If they don't want to talk about it, that literally IS all you can do. I have plans myself for how to help a few people who it's not worth the time to talk to

...but if things go south? They'll be helpless and needy beyond most you could think of. I'll be there for them when they didn't even know they'd need it.....but I'll not ruin their happiness in life by bringing them into the world I choose to live in by staying informed (or being a "news hound", as some call it), in the mean time.

Hope that helps a bit.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
To everyone;

Of course, it's them with a problem. It really annoys me when people rant about people who are "asleep" but don't consider that they may actually be the one with issues, you sound overly paranoid and way too serious. Are you going to let conspiracy theories ruin your relationships with loved ones?

I never said I lived without my own problems, now did I?

I'm not perfect. Neither are they. This issue in PARTICULAR annoys me, so I'm ranting.

How is it when anyone reacts to the wrongness of the world at large, they're "paranoid" or "extreme" or a "drama queen?" Am I really hearing this from ATS? God... the world is hopeless.

I consider the fault in my own thoughts. All the time, on a constant basis, every fraction of every second, and its maddening. Just because you assume I don't consider those things doesn't mean I'm a hypocrite.

If I let this define my relationship with loved ones, would I still be HERE with them?

Don't be so hard on yourself, you will get better someday if you stay here long enough

I've considered closing my ATS account, but the site is too interesting. While its overbearingly maddening, its fun to read up on a zillion different facts and opinions regarding an alternative perspective of the world. The more people you know with an ear to the ground, the more you know.

Be thankful that those "mindless fluffy BUBBLE" folk are paying for your education.

They aren't paying for my school. I'm about to graduate high school, and got kicked out of my apartment, so I'm crashing with some family for the time being.

I'm grateful to them for a lot of things. But I left for a reason.

I don't want to be like them.

But that brings me to my next topic, Which is...Dont let all the Conspiracies, and Prophecies and what have you cloud your mind...When I got out the military...That's all I thought about, I was on here, and RT, listening to Alex Jones (lol) 24/7!! After a while, I realized that all of that had no point to it...I was trying to open the minds of my family and friends, but it had no effect...They all called me crazy of course. But they were kinda right.

I'm still looking for a fine line between enlightenment and obsession. Haven't found it yet, obviously.

You should really consider taking the time to enjoy being a teenager, while you still are one.

I can't enjoy anything. I know that sounds stupid, but I literally can NOT clear my mind enough to enjoy things. Back before I knew anything bad about the world, I was a mindless happy kid (I was still a deviant, but not obsessed with conspiracies). When I started hearing things, like things you hear on ATS, it really hit me hard... drove me insane for a while. It still does.

Sometimes, I stay off ATS for a week, don't listen to Infowars, don't visit my site, don't involve myself with those things at all. But it doesn't matter. I can't clear my head like I could a few years ago. Everywhere I look, something is wrong. On tv, there's some sick conspiracy going on, the degeneration of morals on all the tv shows, the whining and bias stories covering the news, and oh my GOD the sexuality in EVERYTHING! It makes me so. Freaking. SICK.

Its not right for me to calm down, alright?

I can't do it. And I don't want to.

Let it drive me crazy. I don't care.

At least I'm not hiding anymore.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think I can take a break like that.

The longest I've gone without ATS, Infowars or AASN or other conspiracy related things is about a week, and I still see it. In everything around me, I see it. I don't trust anything I see or hear anymore. I'm always on guard.

And it never ceases to infuriate me, either.

I guess I am obsessed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

and how I'm going to talk their parents into letting me take their kids to a bunker in the event of some national emergency.

While I do understand your frustration, this may not be a subject these parents care to discuss with you. I mean, if it were about to go down, I know I just want to be with my daughter, no matter where it is. You could at the very least invite the parents to come along to the bunker with their children.
edit on 4-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

I've considered this. But the amount of people I have in mind is already too many.

This is one of the problems I haven't yet solved.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

What do you hope to achieve by yelling at people at Walmart?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I hear ya...I really do. It wasn't easy taking the month off last year or the breaks I've taken since for ..sanity maintenance. One can only live amid gloom, doom and body counts for so long, continuously, without let up. Eventually, it's like dancing with the devil. You'll never change him. He will change you. Gotta know when to get off the dance floor once in awhile, is my general take on it.

I also want to share a little story with you. It's a real quick one..even for me. Don't worry. When I first came to ATS, and I'm talking the first month or two, I'd very briefly gotten to know a nice sounding girl from Georgia. Sounded very nice ...but, similar to you, she had started to lose perspective.

For her, it was something very specific which I think cooked her noodle at the ultimate topic. Have you ever seen the map, attributed to the U.S. Navy which shows a new inland Sea, roughly bisecting the United States up the Mississippi Valley? Apparently she got downright fixated on that and all it meant. The threads are still here somewhere, I'm sure, and she sounded almost painfully depressed and hopeless. 'What's the worth?' 'Why go on living?' , that sort of thing. Some people got like that at other times (Elenin and Dec 21st, to name two) but there was something about this girl that rang true like no other has here since.

The last thread I saw her on was one of the most desolate and lonely sounding ones I've heard from another person. I don't recall the name to find it again and maybe it's because I just don't want to...but I never saw her again. She was talking suicide ..and I fear she might have done it. All because that damn map people throw around like it means anything more than a possible scenario (if that) had convinced her the end was near and even High School wasn't worth seeing to the end anymore.

.....I guess what I'm saying is, a break may not be easy? ..but it's a thin fuzzy line sometimes between talking about the doom and then becoming a *FULL* believer. After all, if someone 100% believes any number of topics we all war game around here ...as a true personal certainty? Well, the desolation in that girl's Soul is a thing we could all fall into without perspective to stay out of the abyss.

edit on 4-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Wow.You are stressed... take a day off work or you'll be dead by weeks end!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join