This just in! 3,000-Acre Summit Fire Is Fully Contained!

page: 1

join

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The massive Summit Fire that has consumed 3,166 acres is fully contained as of 6 p.m. Saturday, according to Riverside County Fire Department officials.
Source

As you can see by the link, I'm not kidding. This really is *JUST* announced. A few minutes ago. Now the linked page for NBC says they will update soon and as more is available....but I know there must be people following this closely and hey, how about some good news for a change!

Any fire put out in Southern California is always GOOD news, eh?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Wrabbit2000,

Thank you for caring about Southern California.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You bet! Fires are always a scary thing there for how the city and 'wild' areas back right up to each other, eh? They have more up now.

The Summit Fire has consumed 3,166 acres near Banning and destroyed at least one home, according to Riverside County Fire Department officials.

It was first of several fires to break out in Southern California since May 1, when dry winds began whipping through the region, bringing with them near triple-digit temperatures.

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries battling the Summit Fire, which forced the evacuations of some 700 residents.
(Same Link)

I'm glad I happened to load up my breakingnews.com page when I did. It had been up less than a minute when I happened to catch it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Wrabbit2000,

A number of years ago I stood on someone's roof watering it down because of a fire in Ventura County, LA is still a desert and always will be. Many people post about how people from Southern California are freaks, we are not. The internet and many other systems were created here. Just people, we just happen to live in a really great place. Peace brother.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I lost everything in the fires down there about ten years ago. Made it off the mountain with fire burning on both sides of the road. Singed my paint..... Yes it is nice to care ( :

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

The massive Summit Fire that has consumed 3,166 acres is fully contained as of 6 p.m. Saturday, according to Riverside County Fire Department officials.
Source

As you can see by the link, I'm not kidding. This really is *JUST* announced. A few minutes ago. Now the linked page for NBC says they will update soon and as more is available....but I know there must be people following this closely and hey, how about some good news for a change!

Any fire put out in Southern California is always GOOD news, eh?

It is always good news as bone dry as So.Cal is.

One down about four to go according to Cal Fire website. The biggie, 28,000 acres around Camarillo in Ventura county is 56% contained.

Boy, i can hardly wait till summer. Fire season is pretty much year around nowadays.
edit on 4-5-2013 by bg_socalif because: fat fingers on the keyboard

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That is good to hear.

new topics

join