It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You CIA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
CNN ARTICLE

Karzai dismissed questions about why such money, not in state coffers, was needed for what he described as government expenses.

"This is the choice of the American government," he said.

It's no wonder we never get anywhere. CIA unloading money indiscriminately when it's not even being requested, so they can prop up a puppet government.

What really caught my eye was that it is reported by a CIA-controlled-MSM source, so something must be horribly awry and will become even more public, and uglier, so CNN is trying to get the first shot in before Alex Jones or somebody else opens the floodgates.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lynxpilot

It has to do with drug and weapons smuggling to proxy wars such as the Chehens against Russia.Remember the Russian Afghan war. Well it is being fought by proxy now.

+3 more 
posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

One American official told the newspaper: "The biggest source of corruption in Afghanistan was the United States."

It was fascinating to see how both sides, the Left (CNN etc) and the Right (Fox), attacked Ron Paul for wanting to close our foreign military bases and bring our troops home.

It was then that I realized that the US is not allowed to have an anti-war candidate as far as the establishment or media is concerned.

edit on 4-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Amazing how the U.S. covertly and not-so-covertly, hemorrhages money to governments, organizations, special groups etc... around the world. I'm sure the sum of all these monies is nothing shy of billions++ annually.

Meanwhile, they(U.S. politicians)put on the most dire and preposterous financial charades such as the "Sequester" and "Fiscal Cliff" and on and on...

How long are American citizens going to tolerate such Absolute Corruption and Mockery? I mean really; How can ANYONE believe ANYTHING from Washington anymore?
edit on 4-5-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Biggest drug dealer in the world = CIA

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Aren't we in some serious debt? If so, then why the heck are officials giving away money like free candy? I bet that cash goes to people that give money to terrorist organizations to help them get what they need to attack us, which would in turn, cause new laws to be created; for our "safety" you know.

The US mafia, err, government, has very good tactics to introduce new laws. And giving money to other countries is their best tactic.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Even if members of the CIA wanted to come clean and expose the dirt under the rug... the rug will just be pulled out from under them:

“I'm not talking generally, I'm talking specifically about Benghazi -- that people have been threatened,” Toensing told Fox News on Wednesday. “And not just the State Department; people have been threatened at the CIA. ... It's frightening. ...They're taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty much on a rail against even having the CIA. I'm sure a lot of people would dispute that, but the agency since its inception has been nothing but pure hell around the world. It's nothing more that a politically funded tool used to achieve corporate goals which sponsor lobbies and votes for the same politic.

There's always been the rumors about CIA involvement with this or that, but when it's no longer hidden and the lukewarm response you get when you ask Karzai about the funding just adds up to no good that's now proof instead of conjecture.

CIA activities in the Far East (Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos, Indonesia, Korea) have been cruel beyond compare. What's even worse is that there hasn't been a single government in the entire western hemisphere, excepting maybe Canada, that hasn't had CIA scrutiny and usually CIA interference. And this is all done under the guise of spreading democracy, when in fact the results are always, ALWAYS, tyranny, oppression, and money in US corporate pockets.

Kennedy was right. Splinter them into a thousand pieces and throw them to the wind.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

CIA should be called "Drug" will not say it but it does start with the letter C, thus C In Abundance. think I'm joking... look to the drug war in South America, bet you do not know we have been there sense 84, and the CIA is in charge.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
2 words:

BLOOD
MONEY.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

It was fascinating to see how both sides, the Left (CNN etc) and the Right (Fox), attacked Ron Paul for wanting to close our foreign military bases and bring our troops home.

It was then that I realized that the US is not allowed to have an anti-war candidate as far as the establishment or media is concerned.

and thats how they get away with all they do,its largest tool they have "the media".It shouldn`t come as a surprise then to Aussies why our TV is almost flooded with American shows and especially "news",after our PM fought for a fair trade agreement with America leading just before 9-11,one of the conditions from the US was to take on more American TV programs.

CIA timeline

Far back to the late 1940`s the CIA has infiltrated and control the major MSM,let alone nowadays.

Operation MOCKINGBIRD — The CIA begins recruiting American news organizations and journalists to become spies and disseminators of propaganda. The effort is headed by Frank Wisner, Allan Dulles, Richard Helms and Philip Graham. Graham is publisher of The Washington Post, which becomes a major CIA player. Eventually, the CIA’s media assets will include ABC, NBC, CBS, Time, Newsweek, Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Copley News Service and more. By the CIA’s own admission, at least 25 organizations and 400 journalists will become CIA assets.

The worrying and troubling beast on the horizon (if it isn`t bad enough as it is),is in the form of speaking out about it or any form of government corruption....

SHERIFF: 'We want people to call us if guy down street hates government'

The only person I`ve ever seen who would have made a difference and began to turn this crap around was Ron Paul.

I`ve tried to support him for years from UP here. lol

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
I'm pretty much on a rail against even having the CIA.

Kennedy was right. Splinter them into a thousand pieces and throw them to the wind.

Agreed.

The CIA was created in the National Security Act of 1947. This law looks like it was purpose built to overthrow the US Government. The only thing more tragic than the creation of the CIA was the creation of the "National Security Council" in the same law. It's the worst joke on us since the Federal Reserve was rubber stamped into existence in 1913.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about tax payer's money going over seas for covert, criminal activities, bribery, and other so called "foreign aid." In the mean time, our government is putting us further into debt while cutting back programs that hurt American citizens here at home. Who is our government really working for? I find it disgusting that our government can support the same countries that breed terrorists, and at the same time ignore the problems we have at home.

Our government officials are like kids in a candy store. They have a run on our money and are not accountable for how they spend it. Yet our government makes us accountable for every penny of taxes we owe them.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricR

Agreed.

The CIA was created in the National Security Act of 1947. This law looks like it was purpose built to overthrow the US Government. The only thing more tragic than the creation of the CIA was the creation of the "National Security Council" in the same law. It's the worst joke on us since the Federal Reserve was rubber stamped into existence in 1913.

That's rather silly don't you think?

You don't believe the President should ever be advised on matters of security or have input from people?

You know that the President gets to pick who is on the council with the exception of a few mainstayers. He certainly doesn't have to take their advice however.

And the CIA does quite a bit more than "run drugs" as many people think. Their intelligence gathering, of which the President often uses, is second to none. Do you not think the President should have access to the most up to date information when making national decisions?

People who criticize the CIA really have no clue of all the different types of work they do. Guess how many Soviet scientists and important people they were responsible for getting out from behind the Iron Curtain.

The list is endless of the good things they are used for. Sure they do bad stuff also but that doesn't mean the whole organization should be scrapped. Its a covert world and they often have to deal with things in an "unofficial" way, its just the nature of the business.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by EricR

Agreed.

That's rather silly don't you think?

You don't believe the President should ever be advised on matters of security or have input from people?

You know that the President gets to pick who is on the council with the exception of a few mainstayers. He certainly doesn't have to take their advice however.

And the CIA does quite a bit more than "run drugs" as many people think. Their intelligence gathering, of which the President often uses, is second to none. Do you not think the President should have access to the most up to date information when making national decisions?

People who criticize the CIA really have no clue of all the different types of work they do. Guess how many Soviet scientists and important people they were responsible for getting out from behind the Iron Curtain.

The list is endless of the good things they are used for. Sure they do bad stuff also but that doesn't mean the whole organization should be scrapped. Its a covert world and they often have to deal with things in an "unofficial" way, its just the nature of the business.

Are you being serious?

If so, would you like to share a link or list some of the incredibly good things they have accomplished that make up for torturing and killing millions and putting corrupt bastards in governments all over the world?

If its really that good, the world needs to know so we can celebrate these heroes

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Ug. Alex Jones is the CIA.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
and my taxes are paying for this idiocy - rather my extortion fees.
this gubberment is the worst investment I have ever been robbed had stolen.
also:
confessions
(available at books stores)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some people who criticize the CIA know a lot of what the CIA does. The country did fine before the CIA was created and could do just fine without it, again. When the empirical measure of what the CIA has done adds up to the violent coups and dictatorships they've installed, tortures, death squads, and general turmoil, then there'd have to be an awful lot of good things to tip the scales. And in my mind, the ends do not justify the means, so the evil they've done is unforgiveable and they really need to be disbanded.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by darksky

Torturing millions huh?

Their employee list must be huge to accomplish that. They do plenty of good work such as intelligence gathering and its the Congress that should be blamed for the harm.

You have Congress demanding they gather information yet to not associate with bad guys. You can't do it both ways.

The CIA is not a law enforcement agency and their only real job is to gather information. They cannot play by the same rules as say the FBI does and function.

They are a necessary evil and often times have to do things that are immoral for the greater good. Putting a dictator in power may be the better course of action if his replacement would be worse. They associate with the nastiest people on earth and sometimes have to be nastier to get their job done.

Shouldn't be hard to understand this concept.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I haven't checked. But does anyone remember about Karzai's brother in law crashing a bank there in Kabul to the tune of a couple billion dollars. What about the other missing billions?? For crud's sake. Biggest rip off, money laundering outfit ever. It even tops the Iraq smash and grab, free for all. Geez people you gotta wake up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join