It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Rockets? Explosions shake Syrian capital, Damascus.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Please, no offense intended but...

You got some reading to do.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
nevermind
edit on 5-5-2013 by asher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Ya know it is getting to the point where I'm just tired of the nonsense made up about crazy conspiracies that don't make any sense.The islamic world actually sends human beings over to attempt to mass murder us is really real.Also I do agree that money and power and oil and greed are part of the reason the U.S. gets involved in these wars.

Money Greed Power... the world just changes is all.

The time of Nation States and Religious Power both are giving way to a world where our survival mandates unity and global governance...

Some places are called "Rouge" for a reason... they just will never play ball, be it a religious philosophy like Iran or a Political One or Just plain ... "some guy owns a country" lol.... like Saddam was

These places will fair as well as Slave owners did during the Industrial revolution...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I Stared that!

Yeah... The analogy I used of slave owners during the Industrial revolution is really the only one I have that fits...

Nwo is just a word, I'm not much of a "conspiracy" guy... things change courses of action happen.

I would wonder sometimes where people would sit... if instead of the ME and ISLAM not wanting to "fit into" the new world....if it was that they were Agrarian and Slave owners?

In other words would people defend Slave owners because it was their "culture and way of life" like some do Islam and rag what America is doing? (even if in the end lets face it we have the best military for HIRE..not like it's all our idea)

Very few people defend the south these days lol

"Is it right to kill people with antiquated idea?" "if those ideas lead them to isolation and they really might try blasting their way out of the situation and ruin everything for the rest of the world is it okay?"

I guess my answer is yes... because I never have argued on the side of those that died in the South...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lolliek
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Syria has used chemical weapons on its own people. I just hope it doesn't escalate.

Has there been any evidence for this yet. There were unconfirmed rumours, I was unaware they had now been confirmed.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

They weren't confirmed unless you want to use Haartz as a source.

Some people hear something on Fox news and swear to gawd it is true.

You just can't reason with some folks.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
So funny when you say Foxnews is fake

You people will never learn

I say CNN is fake

News is news get over it. Watch the news fox or CNN and than research it yourself.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

CNN is fake too. Don't trip.

So is MSNBC. My bias is universal

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

They all lie from time to time. Its called propaganda.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
They all lie from time to time. Its called propaganda.

And plain old bad journalism. Not to mention advertisement. Honest mistakes happen sometimes as well.

I doubt that most of the lying would be coordinated propaganda.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Interesting stuff on the whole Israel support thing being stated here. Gallup polls actually have reported support for Israel as hovering around 50%. Good chunk of Americans don't have a decided opinion on Israel and around 12% expressed support for Palestine. Interestingly enough, Israel only has the support of 46% of the youngest generation of adults which rivals the size of Baby Boomers. I also noticed about a month ago on a passing public light rail in my area that there was an interesting little infographic on the side of it (quite large really) that showed the growth and incursion of Israel into Palestine since its inception.

This is the infographic running on my metropolitan city's transit system: www.workers.org... Also kind of interesting is the fact that a pro-Israel group responded with this one in public transit systems: 2.bp.blogspot.com...

I don't know...comparing the two, the Israel one looks a bit....hmmm...racist but hey, maybe that's just me. The pro-Palestinian one is simple and shows the stark change for their people while the Israel one just resorts to insults. Yeah...

The propaganda war on the buses: www.katu.com...
edit on 5/5/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Doh, it's late and forgot to post the link to the breakdown of the Gallup polls on Israel: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I got a 403 on your first link. That is crazy that would be displayed in a public place. Right on. Too many Americans are ignorant of the whole history of that area. I am not talking biblical or something crazy like that. I am talking late 1800's to now. So few people know about the sob that Israel is.

They take their cues from...well, I am not real sure about where they take their cues from. Probably MSM, some get it in their churches. It is such a shame. Because if people really took a look they would perhaps have some insight.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Reports of major "earthquake like" tremors for upto 2 minutes before the actual main explosion at the Jamraya facility.

Residents have also said that nearby military facilitys were hit.

So, looks like they hit and underground bunker.

Alaa Ebrahim, a Damascus based journalist told the BBC that the Syrian army was likely to have suffered "major casualties" in the attack.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Got a link Andy?

Would really be interested in seeing that.

Thanks

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Good morning ATS...... It is 5:13 a.m. in my part of the U.S....... The only reason I note the time is I don't think I can accurately gauge the U.S. position on this for another 4 hours or so. Let me explain........

I haven't seen to much of this event in the MSM just yet. However, they cannot keep it under wraps or ignore it with cursory one liners in the news for very much longer.

With that being said....... Sunday mornings here in the States is when all the talking heads come on television and give a "roundup" of the weeks evets. Every major channel (not cable) has some sort of sit down with an expert on this or an expert on that (supposedly) and a well known journalist that I assume was given scripted questions to ask.

It is my opinion, .S. policy will be laid out in these programs. I never watch themm, why bother.... However, today will be different. I fully expect to see what the administration (or the powers behind it) has in store by what ground work their mouth pieces lay out for the American public this morning.

Any bets on..... chemical weapons this and chemical weapons that and we need to do this and we need to do that........ Here we go again!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

First link is working for me still so odd.

The formation of Israel, while I'm sure was well-meaning, was a rather considerable diplomatic mistake. The area in question had been under British control since the end of WWI and had been kind of an issue for Britain as a Jewish extremist group wasn't too keen on the British control. So, end of WWII rolls around and Truman says--hey, let's send all the Jewish refugees into Palestine and begin partitioning it. Britain didn't want to control it anymore anyways though it abstained on the vote, iirc. At no time during the UN talks on the subject was Arab Palestine allowed to present its case. It was our idea and we didn't even given a significant portion of the country's residents a chance to speak on the matter. I truly think that this is the move that led portions of the Middle East to really, really not like us. If any of you remember, Osama bin Laden cited that the primary motivation for 9/11 was the whole Palestine-Israel thing. Of course, bin Laden's blow against the US just made it so that a country that didn't give the Arab Palestinian the time of day way back in the 40's started viewing Arabs with suspicion of being terrorist and fueled hatred

Golan Heights should be another subject of interest. That particular area was taken over by Israel back in 1967 after Israel attacked Syria, Jordan and Egypt and then they annexed it in 1981. Countries that are within the UN aren't supposed to be annexing parts of other countries as spoils of war. Israel claims the Golan Heights as their own despite the UN voting and reaffirming on the illegality of it every year. (United Nations Security Council resolution 497). I honestly sometimes think that Israel has gotten way too big for their britches. They were "allowed" to have nukes without economic sanctions and have been "allowed" to annex lands that were not intended to be theirs against the UN charter. Yet, we somehow still support them while that support just continually feeds not so old hatred. Israel reminds me of the punk mouthed short kid that talks and acts tough because he's buds with the big bully, which is sad because I'd like to respect the country more.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I haven't read any posts other than the OP's, so my thinking here is uncontaminated or influenced by what others have posted.

It would seem to me that Israel is acting as 'proxy' for Obama's wish to intervene in the Syrian civil war, and especially against any chemical weapons manufactories. The video shows, I think, the use of 30,000lb bunk buster bombs against a chemical weapons research, manufacture, and storage buildings deep underground. Obama knows he cannot intervene directly in the Syrian troubles, the complications arising from doing so are many and potentially damaging.

Israel is attacking state-owned depots of suspected chemical weapon dumps, and in the process, weakening Assad's military against the rebels. Genocide is being used by both sides as more and more evidence is arising on suspected massacres having taken place.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Iran ready to help ‘train’ Syrian army

Iran will be happy to help train the Syrian army, an Iranian official, General Ahmad Reza Pourdastan, said in a statement on Sunday. “As a Muslim nation, we back Syria, and if there is need for training we will provide them with the training, but won't have any active involvement in the operations,” he said, according to reports from state news agency IRNA. He emphasized that the Syrian army had years of experience of conflict with Israel, which he called ‘the Zionist regime,’ saying Syria is able to defend itself.

Looks like Iran aint sticking to there pact with Syria. Iran has to be up there with Nth Korea in blowing hot air.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice
Doh, it's late and forgot to post the link to the breakdown of the Gallup polls on Israel: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Okay... your article and link

Support for Israel in Gallup Polls has remained consistently around the 50% mark since 1967. The most recent poll, reported by Gallup in February 2013 found that sympathy for Israel tied the all-time high of 64%, matching the figure during the first Gulf War. By comparison only 12% expressed support for the Palestinians.

So as of this prior Month support for Israel is at an all time high

BUT

Now look at this... where is?

75% of young Americans don't know where Israel is on a map

All I was saying earlier is, by ethnicity, culture, behavior, commonality.... The REAL REASONS most people anywhere chose a side in anything, personal cultural biases... Americans Overwhelmingly support Israel and those reasons have nothing to do with who is right or wrong in a land dispute and everything to do with having to "live" with the winner in one way or another and most Jews are basically westerners... there aren't a lot of them they aren't seen as a cultural threat and most Islamics are very ..... Closed minded? To a typical westerners perspective? Restrictive? They Convert.... (there are sects of Jews that are the same of course) but there are not very many of them

Regardless... One group is part of a culture that by numbers and philosophy is opposed to western civilization some would say Modern civilization...

The other, well State side 90% of Jews marry out of the religion... one feels like a threat

The vast majority of Americans don't care who is right or wrong....

NOW THE QUESTION I HAVE

WHAT IS THE REAL REASON SOME HATE ISRAEL?

TRUTH: The USA killed more people in Iraq the first week... than Israel has killed or displaced Palestinians in the entire time there.. Not quite as quick but ditto...

There has not been one year in 40 years (just an example) Israelis killed more Palestinians than Black people kill white people in the USA, doesn't even come close to the death tolls of overall gun homicide in the USA.

There are places like Darfur 500,000 women raped in a year...

I don't even want to go on... right or wrong this is one conflict, the poverty, the death, the ability for the displaced to migrate... none of it even Comes CLOSE to so much else going on in the same time frame... This very much includes... Americas actions, The Russians Actions over the last century... it's DWARFED

So why is Israel such an inflammatory topic?

If it was about the actions of the State the USA in Iraq alone... Depleted Uranium? I mean for the love of god we gave the gift of death that will keep on giving for hundreds of years... Israel doesn't even come close...

So I have to ascertain...

The Jews have a point... there is nothing much more than Racist Jew Hate at work.... which to a degree justifies them... because in the end... this is just ONE of many places where LOTS of people die over simply not being able to live together... in the USA the number is 10x yearly people shooting each other, in our wars will kill 100 or 1000 x as many,

So when I hear AMERICANS barking about Israel... I know the Truth, your just as racist as the other side is... there is no actual logic, your just picking sides for the same reasons the 75% of Americans that don't even know where Israel is do.... CULTURAL BIAS

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join