It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Rockets? Explosions shake Syrian capital, Damascus.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Large explosions are being reported in the Mount Qassioun area of the Syrian capital, Damascus. Syrian state TV says an Israeli military rocket has hit a military research centre. Mount Qassioun is the site of military installations that have been used to shell rebel-controlled areas. On Friday, Israeli planes launched a strike inside Syria targeting a shipment of arms destined for Lebanon's Hezbollah. Syrian forces and rebels have been fighting around Damascus for months but with neither side gaining the upper hand. More than 70,000 people have been killed since the conflict erupted in March 2011.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Israel again? Serious stuff! Looks like we have an ongoing operation here..
edit on 4-5-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well...here we go!!
damn!!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Cruise missiles perhaps? No real info on whether or not planes are involved.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

VOLUME WARNING if your speakers are up loud.

Also a snackbar warning.

They really dropped a big on eh lol
edit on 4-5-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

This is breaking newsworthy, mate!

It IS Israeli rockets - most of the media is saying it; it'll only be a matter of time before Israel confirms it!

Now, what I don't get is this - Israel has repeatedly violated the sovereignty of Syria and actually violated their airspace countlessly and bombed Syria and yet...Syria does nothing???!

Personally, I believe Israel has committed an act of war. They have effectively declared war on the sovereign state of Syria.

But of course Syria is busy warring against its own people.

edit on 5/4/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

So you'd think.

But Syria has so far been complacent or at least greatly unresponsive to these acts of war committed by Israel. It looks like this act of war will also be met with no response.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Israel has declared war, they have attacked a foreign state.
again..damn
edit on 4-5-2013 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Awww... hell. I was hoping the initial incursion was an isolated incident. Not the first time they've hit something being given to Hezbollah. This though? Errr.... This isn't quite so clear. I hope we aren't about to discover whether the Iranians really mean to honor their treaty obligations for mutual support of Syria in time of war.

Any word out of Israel on justifications or reasoning? This is crazy stupid.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Syria has used chemical weapons on its own people. I just hope it doesn't escalate.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Now if this escalates - I'd say this is the beginning...

How long have they been predicting it was going to start in the middle east? I'll echo...damn...

Cirque

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

So sorry , I duped you. I have been on ATS for a couple of hours but didn't see your post.

My bad. I will self delete

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I just saw this video and was wondering what the story was behind it.

Please, God don't let the United States be drawn into this.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
military research center has been attacked in damascus

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It appears from yesterday's actions and now this, there is a sustained assault.

This will not be good for the region. Israel thinks it has problems now??? Muslim nations that are not bought and paid for by the West will have a tizzy fit. Just wait.
edit on 4-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

thats what im counting on. hopefully israel gets wiped out by the muslim nations. apart from the escalation of this attack i wonder what americas stance will be.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by yourmaker

I just saw this video and was wondering what the story was behind it

It's the explosion at the military research facility in Damascus.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Uh...we are already in it, by proxy. So you only give a crud if American blood is spilt??

All hell could be about ready to break loose. There is gonna be a lot of blood, but mostly brown people, so go finish your nap.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
if america gets involved more blood than necessary will be spilt. the government will have to do something to get the populace on their side ( that could be anything from a false flag to manipulating msm to gather support). israel was smart to play the chemical weapon card but i think the people of america have had it with wars in the middle east so this is a delicate situation. if we don't get involved israel is on its own. not only would that affect americas reputation but Israel will have been betrayed by america and may very well (hopefully) be wiped out by the muslim nations as they are surrounded by them. america is and always has been israels trump card when dealing with the muslims. hopefully the muslim nations will come together. they need a caliph.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asher

Nah, they will just use NATO but they need a UN Security Council Resolution, and that ain't happening. China and Russia with veto power, that will never happen.

No, we got to go rogue. Just like we did with Iraq. It does appear we will use Israel for our dirty work for once.
edit on 4-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by GrantedBail

thats what im counting on. hopefully israel gets wiped out by the muslim nations. apart from the escalation of this attack i wonder what americas stance will be.

Most Americans will stand with Israel, despite all of the propaganda out there.

Israel isn't going to get wiped out by any Muslim nation or coalition of Muslim nations. Your desire to see this happen is a common desire, and it is why it must happen the way it is now.

You cannot expect Israel to just sit there and wait to be destroyed by the enemies that surround them, no one should expect them to... Yet many do.

Destiny is coming....
edit on 4-5-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join