It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 museum officials say admission fee needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hello

Ok I read this and I gotta say it kinda pisses me off, the foundation building the 9/11 museum at the World Trade Center has decided to charge an admission fee of $20 to $25 when the site opens next year

Didn't we as taxpayers allready foot the bill for the whole site and the museum? And wont we foot the bill for the running cost anyway?

20-25$ sounds high, this should be free to all Americans, maybe a nominal fee of a 1$ or something but 25 buks

It says in the article alot of the victims families are upset about it as well

This is something most Americans would be interested in seeing and there is a ton of families who would want to go but could not afford 25$ a head.

This should just be free to any american that wants to go and it just irks me
bigstory.ap.org...

NEW YORK (AP) — Faced with hefty operating costs, the foundation building the 9/11 museum at the World Trade Center has decided to charge an admission fee of $20 to $25 when the site opens next year.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wouldn't go even if it were free.. a monument to evil is what it is, a monument of what the federal government of the united states is capable of doing out of greed and to keep us safe with fear, as well as pass laws that let them do anything they want.

People are pissed because it didn't cost the people building it a dime, and they promised when building it that they would never charge, now not only are they charging they are charging a high fee. If they charged anything at all it should be charged the exact cost of maintaining the building and a minimal work force as well as run by volunteers which plenty of people would volunteer so no point in paying a bunch of people outrageous salaries for doing nothing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Another thread about it here.

Above Top Secret

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I would go if I'm ever in New York.. and I will probably pay the damm fee because I am interested in seeing it.

It just seems ridiculous to be charging that much

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
Another thread about it here.

Above Top Secret

Sorry.. Nothing funny about the topic.. but I was JUST talking to the Op in U2U on this very thing, and in a supportive way. Not complaining in the least. Mine really was focused on the headlines then about the reservation fee people were being hit with.

Frankly, mine also went real badly off in directions I'd never foreseen when I started and it's a topic I sincerely wish I'd never touched.

I'd wished the Op well in U2U, that his go better than mine did, starting in a whole new area of the subject as it is here.

I'd still say I wish it the best.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Remembrance shrines of any type can not and should not charge fees. This was built with public money.

It just goes to show what the US priority is. Is it caring, love, understanding, nope, it is Money.

Money money money lots of money.

Picket line the whole place, let no one enter.,

P

top topics

join