It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving An Interrogation - How?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

The drugs used will not make you talk like the movies they only amplify whatever you are currently feeling so if you miss time it - you can end up with the opposite effect. This is real spook level # not used in military interrogations. Requires all kinds of national command authority, doctors and crap like that...

Y'all never did the versed, scop and benzedrine thing?

It can be really disorienting to someone to get info from them on versed and try it back on them when they've gotten some Romazicon.

I don't have a good eye for reactions but I've seen someone that does use a versed cocktail, get a lot of babble, categorize it, then feed it back to the guy later to weed through the trash. And of course, they don't recall having told you anything whilst on the Versed cocktail, so it's sort of mysterious how you got the info.

Sometimes you can just do that for effect - versed someone, get the names of their confederates, get some peripheral info, then let the guy recover and feed back his dope to him as having come from his trusted friend(s). Voila, internal distrust and strife.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
Y'all never did the versed, scop and benzedrine thing?

I stick with the offical story I have never administered, participated in a session in which a drug was administered, or oversaw or supervised such a session. That would be illegal.

I like to think of myself as more of an artist - painting on a blank canvas of the human soul with the full range of human emotion as my medium.

I did say I was an instructor at the SERE course right?

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Ayup, you did say that

You weren't there late 83 were you? (gets out brass knucks)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by Golf66

Ayup, you did say that

You weren't there late 83 were you? (gets out brass knucks)

A little before my time I am afraid. Perhaps you met the infamous Fidel if you went through in 83?. Man I'd give anything to be able to grow a cool beard like that guy. Be a hater if you want that dude had a rockin beard.

My first run through was in 87 as a student - I was in 75th at the time. The professionalism of the instructors at SERE, that and the BEAR program of course (20K bonus for 18C at the time)...inspired me to go for the long tab.

$$$$ Money was handy but sometimes I wish I'd have taken another route there -18B had a lower bonus. Then again if I'd have been a Bravo I would have stayed enlisted for sure.

Being a Charlie I knew I'd fight hell and high water to get a Team Sergeant position. Only way to ensure I stayed with team time and didn't get rotated to the school house/CA/or Psyops for 1SG time was to become an Officer. Not many Charlies make E9. I had to suck up some reg Army time as a Lieutenant of course for Platoon Leader/XO but soon as I could I went back. No one really messed with me as a 2LT with an SF Tab and CIB so it wasn’t bad.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

A little before my time I am afraid. Perhaps you met the infamous Fidel if you went through in 83?. Man I'd give anything to be able to grow a cool beard like that guy. Be a hater if you want that dude had a rockin beard.

I remember some SFC named Mike. I used to fantasize about finding him somewhere.

Not many Charlies make E9.

Yeah, I had enough at E7, bailed out about six months before the long stop loss happened. Saw that one coming, was about to have to re-up under Gramm-Rudman with a big commitment or hit the bricks early, had some personal issues that could be resolved by ETSing, wanted to go to college anyway, so adios muchachos.

All my buddies thought I was nuts but then they got to ride that pony all the way to the end when the stop loss hit.

eta: and hell, I ended up getting a call from SOC my first summer break from college to do some work as a civilian contractor. I got paid two years worth of E7 pay in three months, and didn't even get shot at.
edit on 7-5-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They want leverage. Do not give it to them.

Do not carry pictures of loved ones if you think you will be placed in a situation where they will use that against you. Always give disinfo if you can. Example: "We are going to find your wife you know.." Response: "Don't you mean m boyfriend? I'm gay."

Don't give anything you do not have to. You are there for a reason, find out their motives and keep your wits about you as best you can. Trust no one.. that guy in the room next to yours may well be one of "them".

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
First off Both Lawrence Wright's book 'The Looming Tower' and former FBI agent Ali Soufan's 'The Black Banners" are excellent in showing counter interrogation techniques.

The Al-Qaeda training manuals captured in Pakistan in 2006 follow the modern course that was first set by the Reich in 1933 which was born of the horror chambers of the Middle and Dark ages.

The Nazi's, who always had that little special Prussian touch about everything they did, discovered that the best interrogation technique was preconceived fear-totally mental. They spread so much propaganda fueled fear about the horrors of their torture mentally that they seldom ever had to torture anyone. Just the thought of being taken to the Gestapo basement loosened lips that sank ships. All of their most brutal torture was saved for themselves-especially after the July 20th coop attempt.

They found that simple anticipation of the treatment was more effective than the treatment itself. Soufan touches on this as his 'noninvasive method of interrogation' along with simply outsmarting the detainee and capturing the person in lies. However, The CIA redacted about 1/4th of his book. Kind of like a movie with no ending.

Half of America's prisons could be emptied out if people understood one simple thing. 'Keep your mouth shut'
They never do and blab themselves right into a cell. Just like the Reich discovered if you are arrested today your own preconceived fear of the unknown upcoming events is sufficient to get most people to talk and incriminate themselves.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
everyone talks, but weather or not its the truth id another story

<< 1  2   >>

join