It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Cities You Won't Believe Aren't Photoshopped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
This is an article on some cities around the world that I can't believe exist. Some are pretty amazing and in some really nice, remote areas. This article is from Cracked, so it had the humour to the article too, which I don't mind but the article gives enough info to make it readable, but I now have 9 new things to look up because I want to know more

Article

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This place I found Quite amazing from your site...doughnut castles in china...
...so awesome I would love to see it in person, thanks for posting this thread I love stuff like this

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Loved this!

Morocco's blue town is beautiful!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Nothing looked shopped. But the awesomeness is definitely striking.

I wonder if it shows the opulence of the author, seeing semi run down places and from their perspective can only see illusion.

Either way, boulderville. Lol, lets build a place where very large rocks have been known to roll over you!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Might not be photoshopped, but the author is still taking great liberties with the truth and effectively lying to his audience.

2 examples:

The "blue town" of Morocco isnt actually blue.
The truth is that its more like SOME buildings are painted blue, as this google maps image shows.

Coober Pedy in South Australia doesnt look like the photo presented to you.
Yes, there are a lot of underground places, but above ground it actually looks like an ordinary town.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
DC Symbolism

DC SYMBOLISM

Empty Ghost Cities
edit on 4-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't get this↓.

At least they're not living in a crematorium.

That statement is directly underneath the 2nd picture in the section for:
#9. The Filipino Cemetery Town With a (Living) Population of 10,000

It makes no sense to me. Ashes which are capable of blowing away in the wind, or washing away in the rain, would be soooo much better than a dead decaying corpse that is just going to stay there slowly rotting away.

Heck, they should designate like 1 weekend per month, to have a big ol bonfire, and start working on cleaning house.

Make it a party.
Crank up the music.
Everyone get wasted.
& Burn the dead.

Coober Pedy is one of the most inaccessible towns in all of Australia.

Mike Rowe and several others who were part of the 'Dirty Jobs' film crew didn't seem to have any troubles accessing 'Coober Pedy' when they went there for one of the last episodes of 'Dirty Jobs'. I do recall him pointing out that it was a long drive, but in no way does a long drive make it inaccessible. That just means it takes a bit longer to get there.

As a side note: I think that's a stupid name for a town. I don't know what it means. I just know that each time I heard them say it during that episode, I hated it even more than the previous time I heard it, and they said it A LOT!!! lol

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Nice thread, OP! If it makes you feel better, I submitted the link and a general reference for source to a discussion board hosted by my Geography 101 course up at the school. I imagine those guys will get as much enjoyment seeing this as everyone here.

Actually, that article covers more than one region we've spent the semester studying the history and basic geographic factors behind, so it ties in well. Australia probably fits that best. Great one!

new topics

top topics

join