It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite sequester, DOD signs contract for $59/gallon green jet fuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Did a search, didn't see it, so here we go..

For some reason this REALLY fries my tail! It sounds like the $500.00 toilet seats to me.

They got the Marines begging soldiers to not shoot too many bullets, and then this story shows up that we are
paying dang near $60/gallon for green fuel!?!?!?!

washingtonexaminer.com... n-for-green-jet-fuel/article/2528692

here

Over $215,000.00 for 3,650 gallons...

Thank God it is only a trial thing, but if they decide to feel "green" all over... what outrageous price will they dole out for it?? $20/gallon??

Does Al Gore own the supplier for the fuel?? LOL

The average cost for fuel for the military is right about $3.75/gallon

PURE insanity I reckon...

Pravdaseeker
edit on 3-5-2013 by pravdaseeker because: Bad link?? new hyperlink that works hopefully.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

If you remember that the whole show is just for our entertainment you will understand these things. Of course it is stupid but someone is making $$$. That is all there is to all the current strife in the world. $$$

P

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yes but this is Jet fuel which costs way more and I am assuming if its green its better for the environment which those jets put out a crapload of bad stuff on their exhaust. So if we have to spend more to not pollute I say do it, also I am pretty sure this isn't much more cost then standard jet fuel.

IDK though it seems if this is the same type of fuel I did a google search and came up with this pricing but idk if its the same type of fuel. www.indexmundi.com...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, you're right. From a dollars and cents point of view it is ridiculously wasteful spending. A tremendous cost for very little benefit. The "green" only comes from the making of the fuel, the exhaust is as dirty as it ever was.

The cost doesn't change, so someone must think the benefits are worth it. I can't get into Obama's head, so I'm just guessing, but it could be any of a number of reasons:

1) He's rewarding a donor who profits from the sales.
2) He buys support from environmentalists who have been nipping at his heels over Keystone XL.
3) He's sending a message to the military that fighting is not his priority, and the officers had better accept that.
4) I don't know, I'm tired of being in his head. I have to take a shower.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Hi dc4lifeskater, ATS Readers, Writers,

The most expensive jet fuel is like $6.80/gallon, and that is a lot higher than the next highest at around $3.75/gallon.

So, it is a lot more than regular jet fuel!

Gee, I wish I was a contractor for the GOV, and you were the Senator who had to approve my contract..

GREEN toilet seats...$1500.00/each; get em while they are hot!! LOL

Pravdaseeker

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
ETA:When we were in Afghanistan, the amount the federal government spent on a gallon of fuel in Afghanistan was $400.00 a gallon! No joke, here it is:

The Pentagon pays an average of $400 to put a gallon of fuel into a combat vehicle or aircraft in Afghanistan. The statistic is likely to play into the escalating debate in Congress over the cost of a war that entered its ninth year last week. Pentagon officials have told the House Appropriations Defense Subcommittee a gallon of fuel costs the military about $400 by the time it arrives in the remote locations in Afghanistan where U.S. troops operate. Read more: thehill.com... Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

thehill.com...
edit on 4-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join