It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to harness electricity from atmosphere Tesla style?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Guys,

been fascinated by Tesla all my life and all the hidden tech thats out there. I know he had a method of harnessing electricity from the atmosphere.

Not being very electrically minded (have mechanical experience but lack electrical) Im hoping some members here can assist.

I live with high voltage power lines behind my residence. As we all know they light up fluroscent tube when you get close to them.

Surely there must be a way of harnessing the electricity in the atmosphere around those power lines?

And if so, being able to power your home with it.

Are there any simple experiements to do to work towards this?

Obviously its not as simple as putting a pole in the ground with an antenna on it and using the energy (would be good if it was that simple) but surely there plans out there that do this?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yes you can.... but you'll be sued by the power company for theft of service...

Its called induction..

In theory you can lay a grid of old mattress springs underneath the high lines and you can retrieve the electricity in the air.

and remember this is what your playing with....

edit on 3-5-2013 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
That's a mighty dangerous and possibly illegal practice!

It can be considered theft so I'd think a little about it.

Theoretically it would be easy though. I'm a ham radio operator and some of my antennas are simply long wires that sense the incoming energy of radio waves. If you had the property space you a wire in parallel to the lines would have a similar effect as a radio antenna and pick up some of the charge. Theoretically you could cool the wire like an antenna on an RFID card as well.

It's all possible but it's definitely not very safe as far as I can see it. But, it's most likely work. I remember hearing about someone who rand miles of wire right by standard carrier lines and leached power for years because nobody noticed an extra wire.

I also have experienced the type of energy that exists around the large high tension wires because I touched a piece of pipe near them one day. It's not a pleasant feeling! I don't recommend it...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Actually there is a couple ways I've came across but I live in California now and they are WAAAYYYY to uptight here to ever let anybody do anything so I just saved the diagrams for when I move again. There is a good one that can power a deep freezer but you'd need a LOT of copper and your own private property with no neighbors. It's not dangerous or anything but it involves a 30foot copper tower to capture enough energy at a time to create an arc. If I remember correctly it was a tesla design, for some reason I wanna call it an ARC Fault but I don't think that's what it was called..... Anyways you'd also need a Copper coil of 1" bent copper tubing pretty fair size on top of the tower.. I'm sure you can google a couple of the key words and find the youtube video of itin action.

For a low power device like to trickle charge a phone or an LED there's a way to use a wire shaped like a radio tuner antenna hooked to diodes and capacitors in a certain order to capture Radio waves and turn them into useable current. I'm sure you can google a keyword for that as well

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Do you know how long i have hindered - the idea of making a device too pull "ionized power" from the ionosphere?

But how?

Magnets? ..
Coils and UHF/Tri-antenna's ? or design of a form of antenna?
a set frequency from the earth? --

Tesla had all of this done then --

Its hard to wrap my head around - that the "patients" are held and that it would be "stealing" from something that is naturally there provided -- So why in the hell don't they tax the sun ?

If things are naturally there - then why are we paying for it... Electricity - water... The elements.

Why is it that we can't all world wide make peace and design what was already there almost "100" years ago by one man.
Whom was advanced "100-200" years of his time....

This world needs too get real and change fast... Stop controlling the main elements and make it known that its for all - not for the "wicked"...

I agree.... Right now we should already get together and trump technology using the basis again...

The simplest "form" at its fullest from the start... Sometimes is the simplest workaround-
Just like hacking..... You think you have one thing fixed.. There's always a hole too work around...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Y3K89
Do you know how long i have hindered - the idea of making a device too pull "ionized power" from the ionosphere?

But how?

Magnets? ..
Coils and UHF/Tri-antenna's ? or design of a form of antenna?
a set frequency from the earth? --

Tesla had all of this done then --

IIRC, Tesla's plan involved sending electrical energy through the air, not taking it from the ionosphere. Maybe I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Y3K89Its hard to wrap my head around - that the "patients" are held and that it would be "stealing" from something that is naturally there provided -- So why in the hell don't they tax the sun ?
If things are naturally there - then why are we paying for it... Electricity - water... The elements.

The posters above are talking about robbing electrical energy from overhead power lines through induction. That is stealing someone else's property, it's not taxing free energy.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Guys,

been fascinated by Tesla all my life and all the hidden tech thats out there. I know he had a method of harnessing electricity from the atmosphere.

Not being very electrically minded (have mechanical experience but lack electrical) Im hoping some members here can assist.

I live with high voltage power lines behind my residence. As we all know they light up fluroscent tube when you get close to them.

Surely there must be a way of harnessing the electricity in the atmosphere around those power lines?

And if so, being able to power your home with it.

Are there any simple experiements to do to work towards this?

Obviously its not as simple as putting a pole in the ground with an antenna on it and using the energy (would be good if it was that simple) but surely there plans out there that do this?

Ok. Here you go. Climb the tower. Toss a loop of very heavily insulated wire over one phase. Do this repeatedly, until you have hundreds of loops around that phase. Voila! You have created a current transformer, and you can extract a small amount of power from it. Just make sure you never unload it or you will have an arcing problem.

Of course, it'll be fairly easy to spot.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Tesla was interested in radiant energy. He thought he could devise a way to capture and use this energy.

1901 Tesla Tesla believed that neutron particles were responsible for all radioactive reactions. Radiant matter is in tune with these neutron particles. Radiant matter is simply a re-transmitter of energy from one state to another.

Tesla’s free-energy concept was patented in 1901 as an “Apparatus for the Utilization of Radiant Energy.” The patent refers to “the sun, as well as other sources of radiant energy, like cosmic rays,” that the device works at night is explained in terms of the night-time availability of cosmic rays. Tesla also refers to the ground as “a vast reservoir of negative electricity.”

How his radiant energy receiver worked:
From the electric Potential that exists between the elevated plate (plus) and the ground (minus), energy builds up in the capacitor, and, after “a suitable time interval,” the accumulated energy will “manifest itself in a powerful discharge” that can do work. The capacitor, says Tesla, should be “of considerable electrostatic capacity,” and its dielectric made of “the best quality mica, for it has to withstand potentials that could rupture a weaker dielectric.”

Tesla received two patents for this radiant energy device; U.S. Patent No. 685,957 – Apparatus for the Utilization of Radiant Energy and U.S. Patent No. 685,958 – Method of Utilizing Radiant Energy. Both these patents were filed on March 21, 1901 and granted on November 5, 1901. In these patents he explains:

The Earth’s Electrostatic Charge
Tesla’s intent was to condense the energy trapped between the earth and its upper atmosphere and to transform it into an electric current. He pictured the sun as an immense ball of electricity, positively charged with a potential of some 200 billion volts. The earth, on the other hand, is charged with negative electricity. The tremendous electrical force between these two bodies constituted, at least in part, what he called cosmic energy. It varied from night to day and from season to season but it is always present.

The positive particles are stopped at the ionosphere and between it and the negative charges in the ground, a distance of 60 miles, there is a large difference of voltage – something on the order of 360,000 volts. With the gases of the atmosphere acting as an insulator between these two opposite stores of electrical charges, the region between the ground and the edge of space traps a great deal of energy. Despite the large size of the planet, it is electrically like a capacitor which keeps positive and negative charges apart by using the air as a non-conducting material as an insulator.

The earth has a charge of 96,500 coulombs. With a potential of 360,000 volts, the earth constitutes a capacitor of .25 farads (farads = coulombs/volts). If the formula for calculating the energy stored in a capacitor (E =1/2CV2) is applied to the earth, it turns out that the ambient medium contains 1.6 x 1011 joules or 4.5 megawatt-hours of electrical energy. In order to utilize this high-voltage energy you must do two things — make an energy sink and then devise a way of making the “sink” oscillate.

www.greenoptimistic.com...

The problem is that although you can capture this energy.. ( people do it all the time by measuring the electrical potential between the ground and the very high tops of towers) It is in a form we cannot use. The frequency was all wrong.

Art Bell the famed radio talk show host of Coast to Coast AM got shocked by his very large antenna while trying to manually ground it. He knew of Tesla's work of course and started to do experiments. Art found his antenna array generated 200 volts - but at 1 cycle or Hertz per 24 hours. The normal form we use in the US for power is 60 cycles (or Hertz) per second.

The trick then would be to find a way to store these volts and convert its output to something useable (60 cycles per second) - Or just configure all our appliances to use voltage at 1 cycle per 24 hour period.

The later seems much more plausible to me. I'll bet the government knows how to do this.

There is an interesting read on this here educate-yourself.org...

XL5

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Its easy in my opinion and its not really like any one would know. Just use a five foot tall clothes line of wire pulled tight that runs parallel to the power lines. Make the towers support structure with well sealed wood. Then the circuit is a tesla coil in reverse. Your clothes line charges up a hidden layden jar capacitor (high voltage diodes needed) then the capacitor is dumped via an arc gap into a hidden transformer (maybe an ignition coil) and then you can get "some" watts from it. How many watts depend on alot of factors. The final output should be rectified to DC and filtered with big capacitors (dependent on watts output).

If you had a metal clothes line that was grounded, they could claim you are stealing but it would not hold up as you could claim ignorance. Metal billboards under powerlines would also be stealing since its a big metal antenna that grounds all that energy. Just as long as you don't use inductive coupling through coils that are near the powerlines, you should be good. Otherwise, people holding those tube lights under the powerlines are stealing (even walking near the lines would be too).

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Tesla even used the principles of this technology to build and operate a car with a magnetic motor.

jalopnik.com...

Taken into a small garage, Dr. Tesla walked directly to a Pierce Arrow, opened the hood and began making a few adjustments. In place of the engine, there was an AC motor.

This measured a little more than 3 feet long, and a little more than 2 feet in diameter. From it trailed two very thick cables which connected with the dashboard. In addition, there was an ordinary 12 volt storage battery. The motor was rated at 80 horsepower.

Maximum rotor speed was stated to be 30 turns per second. A 6 foot antenna rod was fitted into the rear section of the car.

Dr. Tesla stepped into the passenger side and began making adjustments on a "power receiver" which had been built directly into the dashboard.

The receiver, no larger than a short-wave radio of the day, used 12 special tubes which Dr. Tesla brought with him in a boxlike case.

The device had been prefitted into the dashboard, no larger than a short-wave receiver. Mr. Savo told Mr. Ahler that Dr. Tesla built the receiver in his hotel room, a device 2 feet in length, nearly 1 foot wide, a[nd] 1/2 foot high. These curiously constructed tubes having been properly installed in their sockets, Dr. Tesla pushed in 2 contact rods and informed Peter that power was now available to drive.

Several additional meters read values which Dr. Tesla would not explain. Not [a] sound was heard. Dr. Tesla handed Mr. Savo the ignition key and told him to start the engine, which he promptly did. Yet hearing nothing, the accelerator was applied, and the car instantly moved. Tesla's nephew drove this vehicle without other fuel for an undetermined long interval.

Mr. Savo drove a distance of 50 miles through the city and out to the surrounding countryside. The car was tested to speeds of 90 mph, with the speedometer rated to 120.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Note that most credit goes to Faraday, and later on to Maxwell for a generalized mathematical description. Tesla was more of an engineer than a physicist, meaning he used already known physics to invent practical applications for it. At which he was very good.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Here's a link for Tesla's radiant energy device.

www.youtube.com...

I also have high tension wires running through the center of my property. It's a grey area as far as stealing from the power company. As long as you are not on their 'right of way', what you do on your property is your business.

20 years ago if you tried this there would be no doubt that you were stealing but now we are finding out (publicly) that energy is everywhere and can be harnessed. Although it's a miniscule amount, by using a bank of capacitors, you can collect and store these energies and discharge them for use.

Your benefit is the electro magnetics which are constantly being given off from the HV lines. The utility companies are very aware of these losses and the consumer is paying for this already. Simple way to explain these losses is that when you push an electron in at one end of a wire, it pushes against the existing electrons all the way to the other end where an electron pops out.

You still have spaces between the electrons in the wire so when you have a short piece of wire, pushing one out isn't that much effort but the longer the wire, the more little spaces are compressed and you may not get that electron coming out at the other end so you have to push two electrons in to get one out, call it amperage.

With miles of wire and all of this movement and compression going on, heat is generated which is the radiant energy or the little electrons being smushed so much that they literally get push out of the system and naturally are attracted to the earth's ground.

This happens naturally in nature as stated in the earlier post. You just so happen to have a bit more of these floaties around than your neighbors and it's a known fact that living under high tension wires is not healthy for you so by being able to collect these strays, you're essentially creating a healthier environment for yourself!

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hi Melb Milit

yes the tech is definitely possible, as some posters have pointed out there are many ways to achieve the goal. Picking it up by induction from the grid is dubious legally. some farmers were using the HF energy to heat cattle sheds, but the grid eventually cottoned on to the fact because of the dip in power they were getting.

Using static is truly free, you may have already done this. Anyone who has made a passive crystal set radio has effectively picked up enough energy to power a headset or small speaker depending on the design they used. Tuning to radio stations is the goal, but in between every station there is buzz and whstling which is in effect free energy.

To get serious amounts of juice out of this old tech requires larger antennas and better components for the tuners.It is also wise to use a circuit breaker in the event of lighttning. One companny seems ot have achieved this with a series of four patents. St. Elmos Fire Energy or SEFE has designed a system to be used by small factories. They make all the right noises but are getting hammered as a scam. Not sure what is true, but I suspect they would not be received well by the energy industry.

Research groups have long proposed the tech, but aim for mile high antennas with power station outputs. Its the usual case of allowing big business to take advantage of the tech. A house with iron reinforcement would probably pick up enough to power its electrical devices. There are issues of course power surges could electrocute everyone within and the sources are very variable. The EM content goes up and down by factors of 100s of 1000s.

I think Tesla did distribute power in this way to power his electric car. It simply tuned to a frequency he was transmitting at. Maybe Tesla Inc wwill follow the model, their cars already go like rockets, who knows how fast wehn the batteries can be removed.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Tesla was looking at planetary collection and distribution like the ancients did .. I think that is dangerous ..

Another method would be to create an ionized conductive pathway with the EM field of earth and you will get all the energy you will ever need ... like how lightning occurs

(The idea of a space elevator is so absurdly stupid it makes me lol )

The sun is blasting us with the solar wind plasmas that just need to be provided a path to ground and quenched ..

The problem is controlling the flow as not to become a runaway cascade event ... and thats very bad .

Distribution could be by means of super conductive pathways to smaller hard wired distribution grids

Or just skip all that and go the way T. HENRY MORAY did and create units that would tap energy at the end user level

And even if you could .. if you think you would be allowed to do anything to threaten the petro dollars that rule this world you are a total wack job

There are thousands of patents including Teslas that are hidden away from us in the name of National Security !

With our current knowledge we should be living on a planet that is more of a paradise than our dreams allow us to envision ..

But Greedy Old Men with their fear of losing power keep us trapped in this hell ..

Like Ben Rich said ...

"these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity.."

The Solution is Clear but society doesn't have the guts or the will to do the deeds required .

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I think one way Tesla did this was by using his "radient energy device."

Which I think exploited the potential difference between the ground and the atmosphere.
[imghome.earthlink.net...[/img]

I think,but am not certain,that this is the same way of gathering energy as the dutch team who use metallic kites to harvest positive charge.

edit on 5/5/2013 by Silcone Synapse because: edit pic

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If I take ten dollar bills and walk down the street and toss them on the ground while searching for a one dollar bill from my pocket, and people pick them up and spend them, that is not stealing.

Any excess energy not specifically used for any specific purpose that can be gleaned from such production would not be stealing but it would be a mere non waste of a vital resource that someone is wasting.

edit on 5-5-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Very true,but the energy companies could still nail you in court for theft,such is our messed up world.

But there IS the electrical energy we could exploit from the potential difference nbetween earth and sky,and that is owned by no one,and is limitless...

A simple way to do this,less advanced in terms of thinking than Tesla's genius,would be to work out how much energy is in your average lightning bolt.

Then,build a massive,earthed capacitor bank,with capacity of double the lightning energy(to be safe).
Next fire a rocket with a trailing wire (which you attach to your capacitor bank + termina)into a thuder cloud.

As they do with weather monitoring rockets,the lightning pops down the wire,and charges up your bank.
Upscale the bank for city sized amounts of energy!

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
If I take ten dollar bills and walk down the street and toss them on the ground while searching for a one dollar bill from my pocket, and people pick them up and spend them, that is not stealing.

In fact, it is.

Originally posted by FromaboveAny excess energy not specifically used for any specific purpose that can be gleaned from such production would not be stealing but it would be a mere non waste of a vital resource that someone is wasting.

Sorry, but no. The energy being stolen is potential energy. Potential energy is there until you convert it to some other form. In other words, kinetic.

The act of taking energy by induction for use by the thief implies an eventual kinetic use, even if it for making calls on a smartphone.

It's theft of energy produced by a machine owned and operated by a company or a co-op, in the case of utilities.

There are costs associated with this production of energy that the company pays from its revenue. The energy stolen would have been used by a subscriber on the electric grid supplied by the owners machine, not wasted.

Harte

edit on 5-5-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join