It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a massive artificial object were rapidly approaching Earth, would governments...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

There is no scientific evidence of objects traversing from one dimension to another. There are maths theorized that support the theory objects may exist in one dimension and not the other, how ever there is currently no known theory capable of explaining how these two planes could cross that holds any merit with in the scientific community.

I tend not to touch anything based on complete speculation, as it is merely speculation. So your alternate dimension hypothesis, though fantastical holds no realistic explanation and rendered itself moot.

You're welcome by the way, always happy to educate others.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
seeing how certain governments around the world will not even admit to stuff that is known and or proven , I doubt that they would tell us anything at all. if an object , whether artificial or natural , was about to smash us , it would likely be blamed on global warming , or anti government extremists . tptb dont want to live even one moment with out full control over the populace.
edit on 5/4/2013 by IsawWHATtheyDID because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

I don't know about that. I'd be more likely to believe the government, would find a way to spin it in their favor and disclose it outright. It could be a means for an extended budget, a scape goat, really you could make up any number of reasons.

I think it would play well in the NWO conspiracy, it has been said that the only way to unite the world under a single leader is for the world to band together against a threat from off the earth. Wouldn't this fit that bill just so? I know most people think of this as a project blue beam alien invasion type scenario, but a interstellar body on a collision course with the earth could suite the role just as well.

All the worlds scientists and clever minds coming together to try and deflect/destroy/avert a disaster in unity would be just the thing they need according to the whole NWO conspiracy theory.

#s all over the most commonly accepted project blue beam conspiracy theory however. Asteroids and aliens just aren't the same thing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

They probably wouldnt know that much before the rest of us to be honest. You have to remember that although we have some awesome telescopes, both optical and radio based, the fact is that we can only survey a tiny fraction of the universe at any one time. Not only that, but unless an object, which happens to be passing across the tiny scan range of one of our observation installations, is outputting light, or affecting surrounding bodies via its gravitational pull, we cannot have a hope in hell of actually seeing it coming.

The reason we know about the thousands of comets and asteroids, plying the interstellar highways, is because we have observed some of these over hundreds and hundreds of years, and because some of them are part of the solar system's construction, which means that they are regularly passing a given location in the solar system, and are therefore trackable. Even those asteroids which pass through our solar system once every hundred years, are not tracked visually when they leave our near space. The vast majority of what we know about the passage of these objects through space, is based on mathematical calculations performed by minds and machines, rather than direct observation.

These things in mind, it is likely that unless the artificial object you are refering to was outputting some sort of signal toward Earth, or causing MASSIVE changes in the space through which it passes, any object which has had no previous interaction with our solar system, or at least none during the current age of scientific enlightenment in which we find ourselves, will not be expected, or recognised until it is, in cosmological terms, quite close to us.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

several points to clear up.How would we know its artificial,is it sending out a beacon or something?Maybe it said made in china on the side?Is it on a collision course?Maybe an abandoned death star drifting thru space? Would there be enough material on earth to construct something a tenth of the size as earth?
Then there is the panic issue.In the past few months,we've had several near misses,flybys,what have you.
If it were truly artificial,we assume its an alien ship,but what are they're intentions? Stopping to say hi,tour the grand canyon?
My opinion,if it were artificial,they'd never tell us,fearing mass panic,people shooting in the air,calling the neighbor a zombie.......

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm going to take a wild guess and and say you've watched this video?
www.youtube.com...

And that is the reason for this thread?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join