It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does your pet sleep?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Thanks for your inquiry! He's 10 years old and is about 16 inches long, including the tail. Funny thing is, he's been moving around the past few days, ever since I made the post about how he does nothing all day but sleep.

maybe I have a telepathic dragon!

If you're thinking about getting one, I would highly recommend them. You don't have to walk them, they don't shed and they make little to no noise! It's like a tiny dinosaur as a pet!

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Guess it answers the question about if animals dream, huh? Wow, he was really in a deep dream alright....

My 4 Chihuhuas sleep in the bed with us, and pretty much are dead to the world while sleeping. Our black Lab/Chow sleeps in front of our bedroom door (he's guarding us, I guess). He does come up on the bed for attention before he does though. Our cats mostly roam around the house at night...though occasionally sleep up with the dogs on the bed.

My birds sleep in their cages, and if a window or door is opened up at night (even by us), our Cockatoo will launch into a series of alarm like shrieks. (and at 168db, we'll hear her (as will our neighbors across the pasture)). Our Boxer/Pit sleeps in the bed with our ranch hand gal, but he's pretty restless as a sleeper.
edit on 6-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This one sleeps on top of me,i mostly sleep on my tummy so that works for both of us-else she sleeps behind my knees,if i 'm sleeping on one of my sides.

This one

sleeps like this most of the day,and at night by my feet

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My boy does the chasing bunnies thing sometimes and also the sleep brrrruuuffff. Sometimes he'll whine or make a little yip noise and that always freaks me out (I'm usually half asleep and it takes me a minute to figure out what made the noise). I wake him up if it sounds like he's having a dog nightmare. He also makes a lot of contended sighs and is a bed hog. A few times he's stretched so hard he's fallen off the bed. Doofus.

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
My dog sleeps in a couple different places usually. He has a bed that is on the floor and he loves it. He piles his toys on top then snuggles with them. If he isn't on his bed he is in my bed taking up all the space! He will spread out on his back and have his mouth wide open and tongue hanging out. Sometimes he even snores lol.

Here is Rosco taking over the bed the other night lol

Mouth open and all!! LOL i can't stop laughing when I look at this picture. He is too funny!

My cat sleeps wherever, usually she is on the porch. She loves the porch! If she comes in the room she takes over my "pillow palace" that i have set up so I can sleep. Being 8mths pregnant it gets difficult to get comfy! I have pillows piled up in a manner so I can sleep semi sitting up. She just plops her fluffy butt right in the middle like she owns the place. lol She is almost always right next to me if she is in the bedroom. It is funny because if the dog is already on the bed with me she will literally climb right on and over him to get to her spot. He just freezes with the look of fear lol.

I tell them both they will have to share me soon!!

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Awe cute kitties!

My cat likes to sleep on my chest too but I'm 8mths pregnant so it's very uncomfortable having her up there. She tries but i have to push her away lol. She has always slept in that spot since we adopted her. My fiancee loves when she does it. She gets all comfy and just purrs away!

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you,yeah they're my kittyluuuurves
Good thing its chilly at night now-they're living hotwaterbottles!

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Maybe he did read your mind that you were concerned bout him.

Sounds like a good pet.
I bet there aren't many apartments managers who would say no to reptiles, unless you have a pet boa (not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as you're familiar with handling them or just cautious with how you keep your pet
) or something.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I know my cats (I've seen the cats with their whiskers or paws twitching guess they must be dreaming something and respond to it mostly the same way a dog does) always just roamed around the house, at night until they decided to settle down, the dogs that I've had either slept at the foot or next to the bed, I too have had birds, and once they got settled and covered for the night they were pretty quiet.

I've never owned an exotic bird, although I knew someone whose moved to another now, but she and her husband had about four of them at one time.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Beautiful cats, I know every pet has his or her little idiosynchrisy to let you know they trust you completely even while sleeping.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I bet that startled him too, poor guy. Too bad you couldn't have gotten a picture of the look on his face.

Maybe with the little yips and yelps in his sleep he's talking to another dog in his dreams.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Nothing like the sleeping contented like he does (the sleep of no worries), I can imagine he doesn't understand what the cat is doing entering in his territory.

Most of the time a cats do act like they think they own the place,
and they have their special nooks and crannies they like to go to sleep. Your cat is discerning for certain, likes to have one of the most comfortable spots around and away from the dog I'm sure.

I know dogs are usually pretty sympathetic and protective when they have someone defenseless like a baby around them,
on occassion I've heard of cats being that way too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join