It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Bare Hands Rocket Launch Technique - Why do they have to do everything cheaper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Found this one while I was researching something else that has nothing to do with it :

......it's so cool that I had to post it. First rocket launch survival guide.

I guess they figured out when a chinese fireworks expert joined the army.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
you dont actually need to spend a lot of money on rockets when all your R&D goes to the most advanced drone tech in the world...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

That is very, very cool. You can see how lite infantry might be able to quickly pound on targets before mopping up.

That is, if our A 10s hadn't already sent them to the afterlife.

Just sayin'
edit on 3-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
These would be a great boon to light infantry troops of any flag.
I imagine that armour would be shocked to hell to run into a barrage of these things...
They launch from so low to the ground that the operator can be remote from them and stay hidden, while they take out tanks....

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
zero health & safety lol

and the poor ant that ran behind the tape..RIP

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
hold a mortar tube like a bazooka or better yet light 'em and throw them like a gernade.
It makes kids cheer,
women scream,
and the other lesser men, at whatever gathering your at, jealous.

Been doing it for years and still have all fingers and facial features intact!

PS I'm a legend on my block of the 'burb

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
That looks like fun. I'd like to go do that for a day and see if I could hit something.
I wonder how much it would cost to set up and shoot one of those things.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
i think there strategy on firing rockets like that is kinda cheesy, it reminds me of something a civilian would be able to do haha

there very low tech option would mostly likely be defeated with higher tech solutions, i also think nothing beats a good ol javelin... yes kinda expensive but i would imagine way more effective

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I see the Chinese are wearing the 'fritz' style helmet, so I presume that's cheap to make as well?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
and the poor ant that ran behind the tape..RIP

Not a regular ant. The Chinese Army Ants are trained as rocket pilots. They lean left and right, guiding the rocket to the target.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The US military has provided similar training since the Vietnam Conflict. It's not a Chinese technique.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
The US military has provided similar training since the Vietnam Conflict. It's not a Chinese technique.

Any source ? I remember Rambo had exploding arrows.
edit on 4-5-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Given the instability of the launch pad, it is likely that these would only be effective in a barrage. We know that the Chinese would never doctor a film to show all those close hits so as to keep the rest of the world guessing. Watching the rocket launch and then panning to a big X with an explosion doesn't mean that the rocket that was launched caused the explosion. Maybe they shot off 50 to get the one that they wanted.

There was a particular interesting event at Firebase Bastogne during the Vietnam war. Rockets were carried down the Ho Chi Min trail and the transporter/gunner would go to a small concrete pad pointed at the firebase. The pad had a launch ramp and scratched on the base were corrections so each subsequent shooter could walk the rockets onto the target [they were always hitting the crappers which had its own demoralizing effect].
One poor guy humped that rocket down the trail for months, set up, and then couldn't get it to launch. He was so frustrated and annoyed, he "chu hoi"ed and came on in.

posted on May, 6 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

you dont actually need to spend a lot of money on rockets when all your R&D goes to the most advanced drone tech in the world...

Somebody's been paying attention....
Stop that!

I don't think it's R&D money though, I think it's spy money, as their drones look a LOT like ours...

Like the Yilong (China) and Predator (US), etc.

Although, their Dark Sword does bespeak an R&D effort being made, so maybe a combo of both theft and innovation.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
neat, thanks for posting

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I personally think Iran sold that RQ-170 the got a while back to China. POOF. Dark Sword a year later.

-----

And yes we, the US have been doing this since Vietnam, but it isn't cost effect. Takes a bunch to hit anything.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The same NVA were doing it the same way during the Vietnam war.... I was in a very tiny bunker that took a direct hit by a rocket.. It took them a couple of days of walking the rounds in while helicopters were on the LZ before they got us... I had been piling ammo boxes and sand bags on to the side that was facing into the round hole that had served as a 12.7mm anti aircraft position and that turned out to be the point of impact...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Unless the rocket leaves the hand, and hits the target, its not a bare hands launch. Talk about improper descriptions. They make a lanch track out of mud, they put a level on it to establish the correct launch vector, then they walk away, and detonate the launch charge from a distance. Its not like they throw the things.

Impressive to be sure, but no where near as cool as throwing it like a spear!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
There is something very fishy about that video. It looks to me like those are not "rockets" since they have no guiding fins.
They almost look like shells with casings that need to be fired from some sort of rifled tube.

It looks kinda like a 105 howitzer round and if they did that with those it would just go "BOOM" and they camera would turn red.......lol

Anyone else feel this vid is strange?

???

top topics

join