It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel has conducted an airstrike in Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

We shall see, i think Iran will play things very carefully though.

Have the rumours of an Israeli jet being shot down been confirmed yet?. I read it on the twitter link.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Syrians are ##snipped##. They are too busy fighting each to evern think about hitting Israel back.
edit on Sat May 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeislie
Israel has a right to DEFEND itself...

wait...

Lets see, wait to be attacked with devastating weapons, or destroy those attack capabilities before they can attack?

hmmm

Tough choice there.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Syrians are [snipped]. They are too busy fighting each to evern think about hitting Israel back.

They should be afraid, very.

edit on Sat May 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Gotta love your reasoning, when anybody attacks Israel without warning it's terrorism but when they do it it's a preemptive strike. It baffles the mind

edit on 4/5/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdenSinclaire
A mushroom cloud looks the same in every culture. This is pretty sick. Probably a low yield tactical nuke. There have been rumors of no electricity close to the blast area. Though that being said I highly doubt many of us didnt see something like this happening soon.
edit on 4-5-2013 by EdenSinclaire because: word added

If that had been a tactical nuke, the mushroom cloud would not have been that dark, and it would have been unmistakable.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

Gotta love your reasoning when anybody attacks Israel without warning it's terrorism but when they do it it's a preemptive strike. It baffles the mind

It's all a matter of perspective my friend, there is a huge difference between terrorism against a targeted population and precise preemptive strikes at military targets, weapons research and development and storage sites etc .

I suppose you'll never understand the differences... In the end here, there may have been a major human catastrophe avoided.

Regardless of perspective.. it is what it is.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
nomatter how you split it...its an act of war.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It was actually not that dark.
There are plenty of vids circulating youtube that show different angles and different explosions.
It's still sick and Israel will still get away with it.
edit on 4-5-2013 by EdenSinclaire because: word added

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So they have not illegally entered the airspace of one sovereign nation to attack another? I would love to hear you if it was Iran and not Israel who done it but we will give them leeway because this is the first time Israel has done this kinda thing

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
MOAB in my opinion, as to the cloud, if they hit an ammunition bunker, you would bet it would make a large cloud like that. (similar to the explosion in Russia not too long ago)

As to Syria striking back, well what do they have left? SCUDS? A suicide sortie of Mig-21s, 23s and 29s?

with these tweets, perhaps just that:

@IsraelHatzolah 14m ISRAEL DEFENSE FORCES TOGETHER WITH AIR FORCE IN PREPARATION FOR WAR WITH SYRIA AFTER ASSAD DECLARED WAR AGAINST ISRAEL

@IsraelHatzolah 7m
30,000 SOLDIERS CALLED NOW FOR MOBILIZATION TO JOIN IN PREPARATION FOR WAR WITH SYRIA

@IsraelHatzolah 5m
REPORTS OF SYRIAN ARMY AIR CRAFTS TAKING OFF NOW IN DAMASCUS
edit on 4-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Back on topic - Does anyone remember the articles that suggested both Russia and Iran would defend Syria?

Neither are going to get directly involved in this.

If they do, especially Iran, I am sure they are welcome to join the party.

I doubt the Russians will do more than complain about it at the UN and through their propaganda/state run media outlets... Maybe, maybe not, it is kinda hard to defend a genocidal and suicidal regime that may lose control of some serious weaponry to known terrorists... It is one hell of a complex cluster ______ over there right now.

We'll see.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

[snipped by staff]

Back on topic - Does anyone remember the articles that suggested both Russia and Iran would defend Syria?

Well Done Sir.

As far as any Direct involvement from Russia or Iran-

It's probable that they would only jump in the ring, if they themselves were directly attacked in some way by Israel. By default, the U.S. would then join the mix.
edit on Sat May 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So they have not illegally entered the airspace of one sovereign nation to attack another? I would love to hear you if it was Iran and not Israel who done it but we will give them leeway because this is the first time Israel has done this kinda thing

On the contrary, the Iranians are more than welcome to invade Syrian airspace and bomb the # out of they Syrian army if they want to.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Looks like you won't have an answer, only reason I can think of for the childish rebuttal.

ETA It was the Lebanese airspace they illegally entered

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Looks like you won't have an answer, only reason I can think of for the childish rebuttal.

ETA It was the Lebanese airspace the illegally entered

Maybe if you had been more clear with the point you were trying to make the dialog could have been more meaningful.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You knew exactly what was meant otherwise why would you have been so childish, weak argument and a weak mindset.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You knew exactly what was meant otherwise why would you have been so childish, weak argument and a weak mindset.

Lets see, your argument was that my opinion would somehow change if it was Iran, that invaded "Lebanese" airspace and attacked Syria?

If so, there is nothing I can really say to that. I mean really... what was your point?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I have seen you be this childish with other members on threads concerning the middle east before and I am not getting into anything with you now, it is too late where I am to be arguing with a person whose response is so lacking in maturity that I honestly think you are too young to be on here. As I stated feeble mindset, talk to me when you grow up.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join