It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel has conducted an airstrike in Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Why would Israel do that? That's an honest question. "It's in their back yard" doesn't make sense to me. Mexico poses no end of threats to the US in terms of economy, illegal immigration, drugs, and violence, but I don't see our jets pummeling Mexico City.

Does Mexico possess chemical weapons and are there terrorists waiting in the wings to scoop them up and use them against the United States?

The Mexicans will have chemical weapons and use them against us if Obama and Holder (et. al.) tell them to. Right now, the Mexicans only have conventional weapons because that's what Holder gave them.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Its almost like wtf, who even cares anymore, but once again this "hottest news" so I guess i should drop a comment here just the same, get more points and whatnot. I don't hate jews one bit, at least more than christians or muslims, but I do dislike the protocols of zion that supposedly do not exist.

Bored and tired of the same #. really am! And why this happens during spring and summer so often? is it a celebration of evil or what?

religions are fake. wake up already. stop believing superstitions and look into ufology.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Israel has a right to DEFEND itself...

wait...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
sigh...Israel is a rogue country that dosent need to follow any rules or laws. it does what it wants, when it wants, and threatens anyone that stands in the way. im not anti Israel at all..i just see things how they are.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The question in my mind is whether Israel would green light something like this without the approval of the USA. Knowing Israel, and knowing what has been happening between Israeli-US relations, it would not surprise me one bit if Israel did not obtain permission from the US. Of course they do not need permission, but they do not want to piss off not only their biggest ally, but their main supplier of military hardware. Israel would not exist without the US, and Israel could not keep existing without the US, plain and simple.

However, now that Israel is a nuclear nation, if the US withdrew all support, Israel could likely survive for some time. The only way they could lose a war without the support of the US would be if all Israel's enemies constructed an official strategy in which all nations worked together to defeat Israel. But Israel could not survive in a war with a large military nation like Russia, without the continued support of the US. But that is not likely to happen anyway.

The point I wanted to make is that Israel is going out on a limb if they did not receive permission for these airstrikes from the US. Whether or not the US will approve is anybody's guess. Personally I do not think that the US would have had a problem with this. It is all about politics and money. It all will depend on how US interests are affected. But with all of the Israeli lobbying in Washington, I doubt there is anything Israel could do that would cause the US to cut ties with them. This is because the US intelligence community believes that it needs Israel, because that is the only way to have basically unrestricted access to the Middle East. Israel is strategically located.

Obama did not seem to be a pro-Israeli president, and I remember reading that he wanted Israel to return to its previous borders. I don't know if that is true though. I do not like Israel's actions in the past or now, but even Obama's administration must realize that Israel would have a hard time defending itself if it had to return to those previous borders. This is because Israel, as its boundaries currently stand, is protected by natural defenses, especially on the East side of the country. Plus, trimming the borders would also allow airstrikes on Jerusalem without enough warning time to do anything about it. With the borders where they are now, jets can be scrambled if Israeli airspace is breached, and hostile jets can be engaged before they reach Jerusalem.

But for all the atrocities that are claimed Israel commits, there is something that we must remember...Israel has let the Mosque stand on their most holy location. Do you think the Muslims would have allowed a Jewish temple to stand on that spot, even though it is an Israeli country? So no matter what one thinks of Israel's behavior, it could be much worse. The fact that they have not attempted to destroy the Dome of the Rock mosque speaks volumes about their integrity.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
sigh...Israel is a rogue country that dosent need to follow any rules or laws. it does what it wants, when it wants, and threatens anyone that stands in the way.

You have every right to your opinion, but then you said:

im not anti Israel at all..i just see things how they are.

Sometimes, ignorance is amusing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by autopat51
sigh...Israel is a rogue country that dosent need to follow any rules or laws. it does what it wants, when it wants, and threatens anyone that stands in the way.

You have every right to your opinion, but then you said:

im not anti Israel at all..i just see things how they are.

Sometimes, ignorance is amusing.

not everyone who dumps on israel for their lack of accountability and and military incursions hates jewish people and israel or is a bigot.. just like not everyone who dumps on obama due to this lack of qualifications and terrible presidental term(s) so far hates black people and thats their only motive for speaking out =/

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
David Icke asked this a few months ago (with this photo):

'Bombing kids like this makes you feel like a man does it, Netanyahu?'

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You all too busy arguing to notice Israel has struck again, in Damascus this time?

RT twitter with links to pics : twitter.com...

I dunno, they seem like they are trying to start a fight.

edit on 4-5-2013 by NWtoHide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Al Jazeera has a video of todays strike
blogs.aljazeera.com...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWtoHide
You all too busy arguing to notice Israel has struck again, in Damascus this time?

RT twitter with links to pics : twitter.com...

I dunno, they seem like they are trying to start a fight.

Or maybe to prevent a human catastrophe.

Even as news is breaking, people jump to predictable conclusions.

Lets at least wait to see what this is all about before laying blame.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Via Reuters

Large explosions shake Damascus; #Syria state TV says military research center attacked.

They're conducting strikes against the same facility that they hit in January:

BEIRUT, May 5 (Reuters) - Heavy explosions shook Damascus early on Sunday and Syrian state television said Israeli rockets had struck a military research centre on the outskirts of the capital.

The research centre in Jamraya was the target of an earlier Israeli strike in January. Video footage uploaded onto the Internet by activists showed a huge ball of fire rising into the night sky.

www.trust.org...
edit on 4-5-2013 by topdog81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Live tweets, massive explosions being reported in Damascus

twitter.com...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
fact is..they invaded a sovereign nations airspace and performed multiple bombing raids. pure and simple an act of war.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

Originally posted by Snsoc
Well, stop stealing land and you won't get attacked. Stop oppressing and killing and people won't have a reason for "terrorism."

Terrorism is a chicken chit way to fight a battle. The correct way is to form an army and confront your opponent face to face. The Israelis have never resorted to terrorism; they're too brave for that

Give me a break. "form an army"??
So that your enemy can destroy you all at once?
A counter-intelligence force would be much more efficient.

Never resorted to terrorism??? Brave?
Why they running over girls with bulldozers and taking land from people?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.theaustralian.com.au...

That link did not confirm this new attack as I originally thought, my mistake.

I don't know enough about the region to make a great judgment but if Iran responds in defense the whole region would turn in to war with many nations teaming up against Israel and forcing us to get involved, is this correct?

edit on 4-5-2013 by NWtoHide because: I'm dumb

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Live tweets, massive explosions being reported in Damascus

twitter.com...

Syria blaming Israel for new strikes.

Video of one:

Unfortunately no one here is interested in what is really going on here, so carry on with the assumptions.

It's all good now.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That seems a bit too big to be a rocket attack. I'd say it looks more like a missile strike.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
That seems a bit too big to be a rocket attack. I'd say it looks more like a missile strike.

There was more, and there may be more, at least until the threat has been eliminated once and for all.

Then, maybe on to Iran....

We'll see.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A mushroom cloud looks the same in every culture. This is pretty sick. Probably a low yield tactical nuke. There have been rumors of no electricity close to the blast area. Though that being said I highly doubt many of us didnt see something like this happening soon.
edit on 4-5-2013 by EdenSinclaire because: word added

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join