It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel has conducted an airstrike in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by USN1983

Originally posted by Snsoc
Well, stop stealing land and you won't get attacked. Stop oppressing and killing and people won't have a reason for "terrorism."

Terrorism is a chicken chit way to fight a battle. The correct way is to form an army and confront your opponent face to face. The Israelis have never resorted to terrorism; they're too brave for that.
edit on 4-5-2013 by USN1983 because: (no reason given)

When your technalogicaly inferior and out numberd terrorism and guerria warfare is the only way to fight or you will lose! War is not about being fair it about winning end off!

Who the f**ck are you kidding? They practice terrorism and guerrilla warfare, because the Quran isn't tolerant of Jews, and so neither are they by default. lol, you think all their anti-Semitism started at 1948 or something? LOL!!!!!!
edit on 4-5-2013 by Solarfall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarfall

Who the f**ck are you kidding? They practice terrorism and guerrilla warfare, because the Quran isn't tolerant of Jews, and so neither are they, by default. lol, you think all their anti-Semitism started at 1948 or something? LOL!!!!!!

Im not takeing sides or saying who is right or wrong or even the causes of the whole Arab/Jew hate fest.

The point is if the Arabs had the means to face Israil conventionaly they would and the did back in 1967.

But since then Israil is way ahead due to divisions in the arab world and the big leap in technology and so the only way to fight is to fight dirty.

The USA had to fight guerilla style at the start of there war of independance before the french got involved and gave them weight.
edit on 4-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
In reality, this is a violation of Lebanese and Syrian sovereignty by a country which throughout its history has proven its willingness to violate state sovereignty.

Only when they feel threatened. Israel was fine with Assad in power as long has he kept his house in order and maintained control of his chemical weapons. But now that Assad is unraveling, Israel has to take the necessary steps to protect their civilians.

It still doesn't make sense to strike Syria at this point. If Israel is afraid of "Chemical Weapons" getting into the wrong hands, then they should be helping Syria with its Rebel problem (Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood) instead of hastening his fall

Its Libya and Egypt all over again. We are going to help oust the current leader just to have the "Rebels" take over and start flying Al Qaeda Flags all over the place and attacking US embassies.

Don't you read the fricking news man? Israel is afraid Hezbollah will get a hold of those chemical weapons when Assad falls and use the weapons against Israel. It's not really that complicated to figure out if you just open your brain and think for one second.

Dont you read the news? Look at the Countries that have become destabilized in the area...Israel is becoming surrounded by countries taken over by Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda elements...Who are more hellbent on destroying Israel than Gaddafi,Mubarak, or Assad are/were.

Do I think Gaddafi, Mubarak, or Assad are great people? NO. But they are a lot better than the Muslim Brotherhood/ Al Qaeda
edit on 4-5-2013 by ruderalis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarfall

So if you disagree with what Israel does you are an anti-Semitic troll? Tell me what is so wrong with saying Israel is killing innocent civilians? They are doing it all the time, I would put my hands up and admit I am wrong in saying it if they were killing more terrorists than civilians but they are not, it is the other way around and what do we call people who purposely target civilians? God damn terrorists, so go ahead call anyone you want an anti-Semite because it seems to be your only defense when challenged with the truth.
edit on 4/5/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1
Dont you read the news? Look at the Countries that have become destabilized in the area...Israel is becoming surrounded by countries taken over by Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda elements...Who are more hellbent on destroying Israel than Gaddafi,Mubarak, or Assad are/were.

And who is largely responsible for this destabilization? I will tell you who, those who dance to Israels tune like the US and the UK. You see if Israel wanted a stable Middle East it would use their rentboys to those ends, but it does not. Israel is exactly where it wants to be, with their neighbors killing each other. A perfect pretext to invade any one of them simply by declaring a preemptive strike on that country's regime. The one they wanted to gain power specifically so they could call them a threat.

"Boohoo, look at all these evil people who want to drive us into the sea. We must have the right to defend ourselves even if it means invading their lands and stealing their resources."

It is a tired old rhetoric and nobody buys it anymore

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Why would Israel do that? That's an honest question. "It's in their back yard" doesn't make sense to me. Mexico poses no end of threats to the US in terms of economy, illegal immigration, drugs, and violence, but I don't see our jets pummeling Mexico City.

I would say the smuggling along the Mexican border is not being carried out in direct support of a terrorist organization. In spite of the extreme violence by which the drug cartels operate; I believe their motivation remains monetary and not the overthrow of the US government. Also the items that are being smuggled from Mexico are, in the vast majority,being done so do to the demand of American citizens not violent revolutionaries.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Covertblack

I really can't blame Israel, it's in there backyard.

That's just it - it's not their backyard. Never was...and their sense of entitlement makes me want to

And for all we know, the Zionists are behind this...it sure would be nice to see 'them' implode both physically and ideologically.

I would be so happy if that happened...The world sure would be a better place.

FI

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It is do or die for Israel now...

If Israel wants to survive in the region, they are going to have to aggressively deal with the many threats surrounding them now, with or without US support.. Or they can wait for a united Arab/Islamic front against them, and face the collective military power of several predominantly muslim countries. Worse they could be faced with terrorists armed with nuclear bombs if they delay.

Postponing the inevitable in favor of international diplomacy can only be counterproductive now.

IMO

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Purely speculation here, but I feel like this could motivate North Korea into some sort of act of agression. There has been cooperation between Syria and NK for years.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer

So if you disagree with what Israel does you are an anti-Semitic troll? Tell me what is so wrong with saying Israel is killing innocent civilians? They are doing it all the time, I would put my hands up and admit I am wrong in saying it if they were killing more terrorists than civilians but they are not, it is the other way around and what do we call people who purposely target civilians? God damn terrorists, so go ahead call anyone you want an anti-Semite because it seems to be your only defense when challenged with the truth.

"They are doing it all the time,"

Correct. THEY are attacking Israel all the time, with their blatant, Islamic-based hatred for Jews. You aren't kidding anyone.

"and what do we call people who purposely target civilians?"

Gee, what DO we call people who blow themselves up at street corner markets to kill others? Hmm, I wonder...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

And they are already labelled terrorists, are they not? I am not stating that they are not terrorists I am saying that Israel is every bit the terrorists that the Palestinians are made out to be, now tell me how that statement is wrong without playing the anti-Semitic card. Your argument and reasoning is pathetic.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarfall
Gee, what DO we call people who blow themselves up at street corner markets to kill others? Hmm, I wonder...

That all depends on the foreign policy at the time. Today they might be terrorists, tomorrow they'll be called rebels/freedom fighters. Or vice versa.

I suppose well know Islamist faction The Church of Scotland is guilty of Islamic based hatered towards Jews too then? They're of the opinion that Zionists have no biblical claim to the lands of Palestine either.

“Christians should not be supporting any claims by Jews, or any other people, to an exclusive or even privileged divine right to possess particular territory.” Read more: forward.com...

edit on 4-5-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

their

t h e i r

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

their

t h e i r

Or thair in the south as opposed to thar. Grammar cops, where would ATS be now without them?

God bless the people of Israel.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you're a jew and you get offended by me or anyone else calling it like it is, then well I suppose you got some deep soul searching and thinking to do. I can't stand it whenever someone speaks out against jewish influence and lobbying only to be called an anti-semite racist arab sympathizer. NO! NO. I refuse to allow such basic and childish attacks on productive thought to occur on here and in common day discussion. Since when did speaking out against israeli military atrocities become taboo and outlawed in civilized society? Just because your enemy is brutal and bloodthirsty does not justify you to be equally or more brutal and bloodthirsty...it perpetuates a cycle of ever increasing terror and violence. It is in my humble opinion America the great printing press stops sending trillions of dollars of aid and backscratching money to *every* country not named Canada and Mexico in hopes of a dominant north american economy

edit: Yeah yeah israel is a beacon of hope and democracy surrounded by evil bearded men with tribal knifes and we are obligated by some unknown factor to protect them at all costs and to get involved in global affairs that wouldn't otherwise concern us. Meanwhile we ignore other KEY allies in the area such as Turkey and India who by all accounts are quite level headed and peaceful nations who want to exist without conflict and bickering.

If israel wants to protect itself, how about making some tactical strikes on Iran? Doesn't Iran publically announce it wants to erase israel from the face of the earth? Could it be that Iran, with the exception of an Air Force / Blue water Navy, has quite a large ground force using older tech a la North Korea and would pose a fight?
edit on 4-5-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: added more stuff..

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
It is do or die for Israel now...

If Israel wants to survive in the region, they are going to have to aggressively deal with the many threats surrounding them now, with or without US support.. Or they can wait for a united Arab/Islamic front against them, and face the collective military power of several predominantly muslim countries. Worse they could be faced with terrorists armed with nuclear bombs if they delay.

Postponing the inevitable in favor of international diplomacy can only be counterproductive now.

IMO

I agree with you. They have faced off against a united Arab force before and won but times have changed. I feel sorry for the nations that attack Israel because if they have Israel backed into a corner my money is on ISRAEL! No holds barred at that point and you could see sand turned into glass. If this was in the US back yard they would not sit by and do nothing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

their

t h e i r

Not every one speaks or writes English fluently and for many it is a second language. Some people need not get THEIR panties in a wad. Lets concentrate on the subject and not the BS grammar lessons shall we.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak
If you're a jew and you get offended by me or anyone else calling it like it is, then well I suppose you got some deep soul searching and thinking to do.

It is impossible for any Jews in Israel to be offended by any comments posted by ignorant people who have absolutely no grasp of the reality that is life in the Jewish state, surrounded by enemies that call for nothing less than their complete annihilation, and will accept nothing less than having Israel erased from the map and replaced with Palestine.

You can call it as you wish, try as you may, along with a multitude of others you cannot change their reality, or make them into the monsters you assume they are. Even when Americans get a taste of what the Israelis have had to endure it isn't enough, people still sympathize with the Muslims... Even though they would just as easily kill you if they had the opportunity.

Enjoy oblivion while it lasts.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

If you're a jew and you get offended by me or anyone else calling it like it is, then well I suppose you got some deep soul searching and thinking to do.

It is impossible for any Jews in Israel to be offended by any comments posted by ignorant people who have absolutely no grasp of the reality that is life in the Jewish state, surrounded by enemies that call for nothing less than their complete annihilation, and will accept nothing less than having Israel erased from the map and replaced with Palestine.

You can call it as you wish, try as you may, along with a multitude of others you cannot change their reality, or make them into the monsters you assume they are. Even when Americans get a taste of what the Israelis have had to endure it isn't enough, people still sympathize with the Muslims... Even though they would just as easily kill you if they had the opportunity.

Enjoy oblivion while it lasts.

This is exactly what i'm talking about, What's wrong with you? Coincidentally you forgot to quote this part too as it obviously doesn't fit in with your agenda..

I can't stand it whenever someone speaks out against jewish influence and lobbying only to be called an anti-semite racist arab sympathizer. NO! NO. I refuse to allow such basic and childish attacks on productive thought to occur on here and in common day discussion. Since when did speaking out against israeli military atrocities become taboo and outlawed in civilized society? Just because your enemy is brutal and bloodthirsty does not justify you to be equally or more brutal and bloodthirsty...it perpetuates a cycle of ever increasing terror and violence.

So would you like to think up a response to this and try not to attack me as if I just offered to cook your children for sustenance tonight?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So would you like to think up a response to this and try not to attack me as if I just offered to cook your children for sustenance tonight?

I could, and you and I could go on for pages here, but it would be an exercise in futility, a complete waste of time and space.

My original response stands as is.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join