Israel has conducted an airstrike in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Breaking news is causing Twitter to light up (www.earthtrace.com...). Sources: U.S. believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria. (www.cnn.com...).

The United States believes Israel has conducted an airstrike into Syria, two U.S. officials tell CNN.

U.S. and Western intelligence agencies are reviewing classified data showing Israel most likely conducted a strike in the Thursday-Friday time frame, according to both officials. This is the same time frame that the U.S. collected additional data showing Israel was flying a high number of warplanes over Lebanon.

One official said the United States had limited information so far and could not yet confirm those are the specific warplanes that conducted a strike. Based on initial indications, the U.S. does not believe Israeli warplanes entered Syrian airspace to conduct the strikes.

edit on 3-5-2013 by Ronnie6657 because: (no reason given)
edit on Sat May 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sorry I reread the OP and realized it mentions this was not from today...my bad.
edit on 5/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hopefully this doesn't light a fuse for other things.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I really can't blame Israel, it's in there backyard.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
there is no way us govt doesn't know what idf did. israel is the single biggest lobby group in dc. not sure if potus gave the green light, but he certainly knew where and when the idf strike would be prior to the event. the red line was crossed, and an idf strike serves many purposes and agendas; not necessarily exclusive to one another. i would dare say it will be a quiet next week coming out of nk.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
S&F

Was just going to start a thread on this.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
theyv been dropping scatter bombs, and targeted missiles
in syria for over a year

whats the point in being naive hey

maybe maybenot

peace

+5 more 
posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why would Israel do that? That's an honest question. "It's in their back yard" doesn't make sense to me. Mexico poses no end of threats to the US in terms of economy, illegal immigration, drugs, and violence, but I don't see our jets pummeling Mexico City.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Wow !!!

What a neighbourhood.

You bombed your neighbours and expects them to STFU.

link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Actually it's their neighbour's back yard, but then the IDF are always running through their neighbour's yard. Some times they have been known to set up camp their

If this happened, its not surprising but lets be clear that what they did here was violate Lebanon's air space in order to carry out the attack. However understandable the action might be, its still a violation of international law.

Luckily Lebanon is being over run by Syrian refugees at the moment so they wont kick up too much a fuss about this, however lets not forget the Hezbollah influence at government level and the stand off between them and the future movement.

Meanwhile, local councils all over Lebanon are starting to crack down on Syrian criminals, with some even going so far as to pass a curfew against Syrian nationals only. Crime rates are going through the roof and the municipal Police are getting heavy handed while the ISF seem to be reluctant to get involved. Seems like everyone in Beirut is making moves to duck for cover in anticipation of the Syrian problem spilling over.

Its time for the gulf states to step up and start taking an active role on the ground there.

link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
theyv been dropping scatter bombs, and targeted missiles
in syria for over a year

whats the point in being naive hey

maybe maybenot

peace

You have a source to back that claim up? I highly doubt Syria would sit idly by while Israel drops bombs on them and not say anything about it. By the way I think the proper term is cluster bomb.

For the record Syria and Iran have a pact that they will come to each others aide if they suffer an unprovoked attack from an outside force. If Syria does declare this as an act of war they can call on Iran, which might be Israels way to get Iran involved in a war. Nothing else has worked thus far.
edit on 5/3/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

That's just it - it's not their backyard. Never was...and their sense of entitlement makes me want to

And for all we know, the Zionists are behind this...it sure would be nice to see 'them' implode both physically and ideologically.

I would be so happy if that happened...The world sure would be a better place.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack

Israel thinks *everything* is in their own back yard. Real big surprise huh?.

This episode of just-another-cowardly-sneak-attack reinforces the point that Lebanon and other players in the region really, really need the S300 or S400 anti-aircraft system. Like yesterday. Where's the Russian bear or a pissed-off Chinese Panda when you really need one?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

This is scary, the Russians and Iranians have been looking for an excuse to back Syria all the way. If Israel follows this attack with an attack on Iran, get ready for apocalyptic summer.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

You have a source to back that claim up?

no.. other than the news reporting "cluster" bombs and in other reports say isreal was seen moving and placing cluster bombs at the border... but i think that was with gaza

none the less...no point in being naive when looking at wars

I highly doubt Syria would sit idly by while Israel drops bombs on them and not say anything about it.

lol
how many times have you heard their president talk
nuff said

For the record Syria and Iran have a pact that they will come to each others aide if they suffer an unprovoked attack from an outside force. If Syria does declare this as an act of war they can call on Iran, which might be Israels way to get Iran involved in a war. Nothing else has worked thus far.

isreal are definatly gonna try and force obamas hand
if obama commits to anything... it should be closing camp cuba
edit on 3-5-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Sometimes lighting the fuse is the only way to enable a long-overdue reset.

If Israel wants to act like a state-sponsored terrorist nation, let them pay the price in full.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
God help us that anybody could speak in justification of this. A country already in turmoil with a regime that appears to be falling, so somebody pokes the stick in the hornet's nest. WTF? They have their own problems to sort out much less some other country blasting them. This is appalling. It's also shameful for the country that gave them the power to do this sort of crap for so many years. Where's the sense of humanity? Does somebody have to wonder now why terrorists fight against Israel and the US?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tattiio

No way. The Iranians have as good as given up any hope for Syria. If they get directly involved they will be up against not just Gulf states who will be more than happy to finance trouble for Iran.

Until Syria stabilises, Russian and China wont want to get involved either. On a global level, Israel, the US, China and Russia all want the same thing in Syria, a stable non Islamic, but still Shia influenced government. No one wants to see the black flag brigades take control which would cause more trouble for Russia and China who are both concerned about islamist terror groups gaining strength on their home turf.

Also don't forget that there is still a significant jewish-syrian population on the ground in Syria.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

What is a non-Islamic yet Shia influenced government? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

Iran stresses opposition to foreign intervention...

Iran-Backed Hebollah warns intervention in Syrian war

Iranian Agents Prop Up Assad From Within Syria

Where do you get your information from?
edit on 3-5-2013 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricR

Originally posted by iamhobo

Sometimes lighting the fuse is the only way to enable a long-overdue reset.

If Israel wants to act like a state-sponsored terrorist nation, let them pay the price in full.

But with the "joined at the hip" alliance of the US and Israel; It will be the American tax payers and the military youth that will be paying the full price in dollars and blood.

Mark my words; the propaganda machine is fired up and the scapegoats are ripe for the slaughter.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join