It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Bomb Syrian Weapons facility?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
video.foxnews.com... 7293001/israeli-warplanes-hit-syria-/?intcmp=HPBucket&playlist_id=922779230001

Israel Bomb Syrian Weapons facility?

www.cnn.com

I know I heard FOX NEWS say earlier that this did happen but no other news on it so far. I found this on CNN
(visit the link for the full news article)

I hope this link works

edit on 3-5-2013 by grumpydaysleeper because: added link

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
from what I understand FOX NEWS saying....U.S. was not consulted? DId anyone else hear this. I can't find anything on any other news media. And what will be the repercussions of this? Didn't Israel do this earlier. I wonder if this will escalate the already tense area. What do you think? I hope this doesn't end up in any other nations stepping in to escalate things.

www.cnn.com

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sorry, I should of read on before I posted...my bad.
edit on 5/3/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hopefully this doesn't light a fuse for other things.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpydaysleeper

from what I understand FOX NEWS saying....U.S. was not consulted? DId anyone else hear this. I can't find anything on any other news media. And what will be the repercussions of this? Didn't Israel do this earlier. I wonder if this will escalate the already tense area. What do you think? I hope this doesn't end up in any other nations stepping in to escalate things.

www.cnn.com

It should be painfully obvious that the USA is not on Israel's side, not in dealing with the Syrian threat, the Iranian threats and in fact the administration is aiding the Muslim Brotherhood to rise to power in several nations now.

Actually it cannot be any other way, call it fate or destiny, it was going to happen sooner or later.

If Israel wants to survive in the region, they are going to have to aggressively deal with the many threats surrounding them now, with or without US support.. Or they can wait for a united Arab/Islamic front against them, and face the collective military power of several predominantly muslim countries.

The US response to the Syrian threat has been to offer non-lethal aid to the Al Qaeda rebels in Syria, and now they are "considering" offering them lethal aid, but have quietly ruled out military intervention... That alone should speak volumes... But apparently, no one is listening.
edit on 3-5-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Syria and Iran have a pact that they will come to each others aide in the event that either is attacked by an outside force that is unprovoked. I think that there were actually 4 countries that signed this pact if I recall correctly. If Syria declares that it is an act of war, then I can see them calling on Iran for aide. This could spiral out of control quickly.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I understand what you are saying. I worry about Iran jumping to Syria's aid and
the situation growing from there.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying. I worry about Iran jumping to Syria's aid and
the situation growing from there.

Iran has a plan for the region after the destruction of Israel. When it comes to Iran, they will wait for Israel to strike them first, regardless of what is happening in Syria... Iran must be seen as a victim of "unjust aggression by the Zionist pigs in Israel" ... It is how they will justify and execute their twisted plans.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

It has the potential to get ugly quick if Iran intervenes.
Hopefully nothing more will come of it but Iran would need little provocation to go to war against Israel and the U.S..

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Iran will aid, and intervene covertly, only... see my previous post.

Israel could level Syria and Iran will not get directly involved, unless Israel strikes targets in Iran.

The trap is set and waiting.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
if the Iranians choose to retaliate, it will be by proxy using Hezbollah out of Lebanon.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

Hopefully nothing more will come of it but Iran would need little provocation to go to war against Israel and the U.S..

This could be Israels way to get involved in Iran. I mean nothing has worked so far, and they are desperately looking for acceptable reasons to strike Iran. What better way than to have them come to Syria's aide?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

They just keep poking that angry dog.
Angry dogs will eventually bite back, and dogs are pack animals.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

If Syria openly declares war on Israel I can see Iran openly assisting Syria. I laugh at the people that immediately call a fight before it has even began. There are so many scenarios and variables that would come into play that nobody could honestly say who the winner would be. Keep in mind that Israel is not well received in that region.

An open war could see new alliances forged and old ones broken at the drop of a hat.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nothing on RT yet. They would be more reliable a source than FOX or CNN. Headline reads US believes they conducted an airstrike? You mean, in todays day and age, we dont KNOW if they have yet? Something stinks about the story. The FOX link has been taken down by the way

ETA: Aljazeera has posted the same story. Unnamed sources "believe" it happened. We will see, interesting.
www.aljazeera.net...
edit on 3-5-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

If Syria openly declares war on Israel I can see Iran openly assisting Syria. I laugh at the people that immediately call a fight before it has even began. There are so many scenarios and variables that would come into play that nobody could honestly say who the winner would be. Keep in mind that Israel is not well received in that region.

An open war could see new alliances forged and old ones broken at the drop of a hat.

Trust me on this, Iran will not get involved directly, they may aid and attack through proxies, but Iran will hold back until they themselves are attacked.

As for alliances against Israel, to further your point, if Israel and Syria began fighting a real war, the rebels in Syria fighting the Assad regime, would set aside their sectarian differences and fight with the Syrian army against Israel... Israel is indeed that hated in the region... But hey, it is what it is, and that reality isn't going to change, but it can get even more dangerous over time which is why postponing the inevitable seems counterproductive at this point in time.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by SpaDe_

This could be Israels way to get involved in Iran. I mean nothing has worked so far, and they are desperately looking for acceptable reasons to strike Iran. What better way than to have them come to Syria's aide?

Israel has no means to do significant damage to Iran using conventional weapons. Thats why they need the US and just a week or so ago they almost begged the US to go there for them. Now on the other hand Iran does have the conventional (and not so conventional) means to attack Israel, invade it, and even to destroy it, block by block. They have the man power, the hardware, friends from egypt, jordan, lebanon, even from saudi arabia and from iraq and of course from the west bank and from gaza, and for that purpose Iraq will even happily turn their country into a giant highway to glory for Iran.

Going to war with Israel is one thing, going to war with the US is another - If Iran responds to Syria's call and Israel takes that as an excuse to go to war with Iran, I hope the US brass knows the difference and lets Israel burn alone and let her pay by herself the war they've been trying to buy for so long.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I have been wondering all day long why no one is reporting this. Has our mainstream media just totally jumped the reservation?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Count Russia in on this pact

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
All I can see on Cnn am at work is Israel have atacked a syrian weapon facilitie and we the Us ware not informed
By tomorrow maybe will know more

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join