It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania judge sentenced to 28 years in prison for selling teens to prisons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I agree. How many people were actually involved. How many people turned a blind eye and didn't see what was happening. With prisons doing things like this, no wonder our government is broke. I do not believe in for profit prisons or jails. I am for fixing the kids that can be fixed and locking up the ones who are far gone to teach them to comply with society and raise their morals not make them worse. We have a big problem in our prison system. The first thing we should do is mandate the death penalty with a limited amount of appeals for some people who do premeditated first degree murder or multiple violent rapes. Without strong penalties for these crimes the rate will continue to slowly increase.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

Oh screw that. You know parents were lawyering up. There were probably many parents fighting this machine. It is probably how they got taken down. You don't do that crud out in the open brazenly like these bastages did.

You involve the Feds, the have their Sneek and Peeks. They knew what was in bank accounts and why. This is one time where the patriot act came in handy.

These pricks were so confident they didn't even try to off shore their money; hide it in a trust, or in the islands, put in someone else's name. No these guys were on the inside and were not trippin at all. LOL So glad this guy is gonna rot in prison.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Should have gotten the death sentence! I think anyone, and I mean anyone, who takes an oath to serve the greater public, be a cop, judge, senator, should have to be made aware and agree that if convicted of felony, they will be executed. No if, ands, or buts, about it, period, done deal. If someone cannot agree to it then they should find other work. It is a matter of honesty and integrity. People in these positions have the authority to destroy peoples lives and should be held at a higher level of accountability.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Yeah right 5000 kids, all of which you know. They were all scum and deserved some time, maybe not as much as they got?? Isn't that your position??

I know a lot of them. Did i say what you said? No, i didnt. I grew up there and i didnt get falsely arrested and imprisoned, you know why? I wasnt doing the same stupid # all these kids were doing. Obviously there was a lot of nonsense and im not vindicating what this guy did by any means clearly. I'm telling you that you dont have all the facts and full knowledge of everything that happened either.

Dont propose to know more then i do when i was there for it you numbskull. Get a grip.
edit on 5-5-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be appropriate to strip the judge of all his money, including any money held by his family. Make him broke and penniless. Now it will cost the taxpayer a lot of money to keep this judge in a retirement home. Make him live on the street.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I am gripped out. You are full of it. I have read your posts on this thread. You stated that you knew most of those kids. Did you not? You represented yourself as an authority on the subject??

Here is what I think: You have not one clue regarding this subject. You have an opinion based upon some obscure reason that has something to do with you living in the area at some time.

And on top of that you are a really a not so nice of a person. I got that from all of your posts that I have read.

5000 kids my dear. 5000 kids.

Pffffft
edit on 5-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Yeah right 5000 kids, all of which you know. They were all scum and deserved some time, maybe not as much as they got?? Isn't that your position??

I know a lot of them. Did i say what you said? No, i didnt. I grew up there and i didnt get falsely arrested and imprisoned, you know why? I wasnt doing the same stupid # all these kids were doing. Obviously there was a lot of nonsense and im not vindicating what this guy did by any means clearly. I'm telling you that you dont have all the facts and full knowledge of everything that happened either.

Dont propose to know more then i do when i was there for it you numbskull. Get a grip.

I've lived right here in the heart of it and have been for 15yrs. I certainly got a clue and just because you have misguided youth, and children making bad decisions is not justification for flushing their lives down the drain.

Did some deserve what they got? Sure...it's not like they were punishing the good and setting lose the evil. Get a grip...

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by TDawg61

And from the article it kind of indicates he was prosecuted by the Fed's because they quote a US attorney. If that is the case, he will do 85% of that or almost 24 years. No half-time for that despicable human being. He looks to be somewhere in his 60's so I would imagine he will die in prison. So it really is a life sentence for him.
edit on 3-5-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)
*Like they say"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".This guy KNOWS the laws he was breaking,didn't he?Also I'm sure he will be very popular there(sarcasm).
edit on 5-5-2013 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No you're right, you hit the nail on the head. Hubris at its finest. What I was saying is that those without lawyers were easy prey.
edit on 5-5-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You make a valid point but Like to OP stated earlier, he didn't hide it. So his assets were frozen as far as I know. Any account associated with the crime would be frozen and seized. As far as these two sickos are concerned they got what's coming to them, I won't contest that. It's the others that got away that gets me. These were children.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I believe he lost a 2.8 million dollar settlement which was payed back to the "victims".

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Sure, honesty is like acid sometime i agree. You cant deduce from a post weather or not i am nice or not sorry. I do know many of these kids they are still currently friends of mine. Some of them didnt deserve what they got and some of them did.

Its a small town, 5000 kids is the size of one of the highschools in town. 2 degrees of separation and i know all of them probably. Closely, i probably know about 10-15 of them, good friends. General acquaintances i probably know over 50, at least. I went to three different highschools in town. Between me and my brothers of which i have many we actually do know most of these kids. Sorry if that bothers you but i am involved in this and I DO HAVE MORE KNOWLEDGE of whats going on with this case.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Did some deserve what they got? Sure...it's not like they were punishing the good and setting lose the evil. Get a grip...

In a case like this he would have given just sentences to those who deserve heavy ones and pushed the maximum on light offenders. There are a lot of judges like this...they are referred to as tough judges or like labeling.

In this case he was motivated for profit to push higher sentencing and that is where he went down the path of being morally wrong, and he got what he deserved.

One question to all of you....is this any different than a ticket quota, or speed traps, or stings etc? The system is corrupt in many ways to get money and time out of all and the system knows that being human we will all screw up now and then and pay the piper.

The funny part is everyone says "oh the horror" when a cop takes a bribe or a judge does some behind the door dealings for personal gains, but when the system does it, no one blinks an eye....hehe

edit on 5-5-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You proposing that all of these kids were just picked up and hauled into jail by the local police forces. Heres what you dont know.

The town i live in is called little Philly because of the amount of crime in the area. Its degrading into Detroit, murder, rape, massive drug problems.

My car got stolen and they couldnt respond because the priority of my car theft was so low i had to get a ride to police station and file a report.

The local police force wasnt complicit with this judge and taking payoffs. They were arresting kids for legitimate reasons and the judge was imposing unreasonable punishment.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Thats not completely true he was imposing full will and unreasonable punishment for minor infringements on trumped up charges.

Your right though this is a common theme. This is happening in every court room accross the country but not to this exact extreme. The reason this came to light is because of local community pressure. My community has spent the last 5-10 years demanding they clean up some of the rampant curroption in the city councils and courtrooms across the state.

This came due to pass because of local political pressure from our community thats it.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Thats not completely true he was imposing full will and unreasonable punishment for minor infringements on trumped up charges.

Well that is a perfect example for my post above. The system is designed to provide what ever charges they want on a person. The judge didn't go out and arrest these kids, so who arrested them and on what charge? The cops arrest and the prosecution play around with what charge(s) they feel are best to stick, and the judge imposes the sentence after all said and done.

The other side of this is once you are in the system it is almost impossible to get out. Take a DUI, you get busted go to jail, pay fines and it just starts there. You can't drive for a long time so there is a good chance you will lose your job, if you do drive you go to jail/more fines you cant pay anymore since you don't have a job anymore. You need to go to "mandatory appts" that are designed to be extremely inflexible and if you miss one they roll you right back into the process all over again with jail/fines.....

You come out of it jobless, broke, jail time and lucky to have your family still...I seen it happen to 3 past friends and ya I know, you should drink and drive, but boy let the punishment fit the crime and in this case it basically destroys one life....

This is no different than what happens to kids that get into the system...same structure, so even without this judge most of those kids were screwed from day one in the system.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well I can relate a lot to what your saying I have an assault charge on my record. Felony. So it is hard and trust me they put you through he'll. unbelievable hell for a really long time.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

One question to all of you....is this any different than a ticket quota, or speed traps, or stings etc? The system is corrupt in many ways to get money and time out of all and the system knows that being human we will all screw up now and then and pay the piper.

It is no different and that's what I meant by my original post when I said we are all to blame. But as was mentioned previously this case was so in your face and it still took a lot of local residents demanding accountability for a LONG time.

Sad thing is its the 21st century and we still serve masters because we need to be protected from ourselves whilst still wiping our ass with rolled up paper.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And what of these kid's, there lives ruined and the year's of there innocence taken from them, some may have deserved punishment but how many of his victims were railroaded into those hell holes that the world knows the American prison system to be, will they ever be compensated or receive retrials or will they merely be railroaded again so that the responsible state does not have to pay compensation.

God help them and there family's because it look's like the American justice system certainly has not.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That was his fine. He didn't pay crud. In fact he is belligerent about his sentence. He has zero remorse. They will have to get judgements against his property. Although I am sure the misses got that stuff straightened out way before the trial.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join