It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Independence-a way of life

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Why form a new religion? Dont we have enough thieving, controlling, murderous, hateful organisations already.
Be your own church, be answerable to your own actions.The only good thing I have read in the bible starts with
do unto others, all the rest is stories passed down from generation to generation then eventually written down.
Ever hear of chinese whispers?
So why do we put stock in these stories, and why does mankind kill each other over stories written thousands of years ago. If you can answer that fact without quoting scripture then I am in. You would be the true messiah if
you could answer that question.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Yes in double comms-because i don't subscribe to Lucifer,Allah,Buddha,Krishna,or even the Nazarene-which breaks my heart,because i trusted in Him,to protect me all my life.He has failed me,in fact,left me to my own devices.So i am starting my own "religion" called just VERITAS-The Truth-and it is for every one who feels betrayed by the Master of their own previous faith.This spans the gamut from Orthodox Christianianity-Hindu-Muslim-Satanism.I HAVE ONE CREED+ONE CREED ONLY***KINDNESS+TOLERANCE+DECENCY***No rush,no pressure.All i know is this-XChristian*XHinduXMuslimxXSatanist-I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOUS PAST-I AM INTERESTED IN HOW WE ARE GOING TO CHANCE/CHANGE THE FUTURE..with me,you will Never find condemnation-only a True friend,albeit a punch-drunk worldweary one-not a guru,not a holy man/woman-but a woman who Knows that this life is not the only one-and that ALL WE DO-OR DO NOT DO,*MATTERS..Who is with me?

But, but, but, where is the all-powerful entity that can't be proven to exist??? Where are the texts teaching us how to treat our slaves, how to punish our women, and how to kill the evil infidels that don't believe as we do? What good is a religion without these things???

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Way ahead of ya, already written a book, the clue is in my signature.

Passion times truth leads to wisdom and vision.

Morality exists to establish trust that allows humanity to live together in peace.

The path to vitures, patience, empathy, charity, humility, forgivence.

The path of vice, paranoia, indifference, greed, arrogance, hypocrisy.

Learn to know who you can trust.

God is the creator, to follow God one should be creative. That is how we serve God, by seeking to be creative people who make the world a better place.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
So , you Hate Old People then ? Shame On You ...Bad Doggie ! ....................

I'm sure that would be funny if only I understood it.
But no, I don't hate old people. I AM an old people.

reply to post by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
People feel better about themselves if they belong to a certain culture or sub-culture.

Oh, I know. But I think it's because we've been taught since childhood that it's a good thing to "belong" to a group. And "going it alone" IS difficult and a bit scary for a while, but speaking for myself, once I got past the scary part, it's been liberating and wonderful! I belong to the whole group of mankind. It's just a larger group than "Christian" - and I don't have to pit my set of beliefs against another group (to feel "right") because we are all individuals and have our own beliefs- just like personalities.

I truly think it's what has opened my mind enough to be more accepting of those with whom I may disagree. I am no longer a "Christian" with dogma to defend. I'm a single, unique and beautiful individual, in a group of other single, unique and beautiful individuals.

Its why we have groups like skaters and gangsters. And while some groups are not as healthy for society as others, it still help you feel "unique" while still belonging to something.

The very reason that it's not healthy for gangsters and WBC-goers, is why I think it's not healthy for society. If joining a gang comes from a "desire to belong", perhaps we should reconsider that desire and evaluate whether it's healthy for us and for the group of "mankind" to be split into factions that disagree and fight with each other ALL the time...

Think about how much religion contributes to the separation of one man on this planet from another.

edit on 5/4/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Before starting a new religion or after renouncing one, apostasy is Very important. If not already done, I urge you (and everyone else) to do so.

edit on 4-5-2013 by D1ss1dent because: ...

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Thank you John Phoenix,that was interesting to read.I've heard of Xtians fasting,but i never did so myself,because the people i knew who did,or the ones who came to church and spoke of it,were not people who seemed to be very kindhearted,or nice folks.They did'nt make me feel-"i want the peace of mind/kind of life they have" Very judgemental,condemning,aloof,"uber-holy" kind of people,very COLD,i guess is a good way to put it.Like friends of us,who stayed in our house when the husband left the country to work,the woman saw a demon behind every blade of grass,and proclaimed that her daughter was a "prophet to the nations" She was not,she was a mean,spiteful,troublemaking child who made my daughters very unhappy.They took advantage of our kindness,did not help us in turn when we then fell into financial trouble,but flaunted their newfound financial wellness instead in front of our struggling eyes.And loudly proclaimed themselves to be "the royalty of God" When she depressed me so much that i could'nt take it anymore and scared my children by saying that she saw purple snakes on the walls and all over the yard,i asked them to leave.Then they cursed us,and we think they may have stolen our cat.We have in my house "poorest-days" which is not fasting really,but eating like the poorest of the poor.There's a church in my town that sends sandwiches to the poorest black schools in the area one day a week.I always send some along too-and on those days,my children get bland sandwiches to school,and i make very basic,bland food like spaghetti with no fancy sauce,just butter,salt and pepper-as a reminder that there are people who have no choice but to eat like that Every day,or worse.A reminder to gratitude,and to appreciation for the fact that we can often have a variety of food.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Realize that God is all wise, and thus has a good reason allowing what happens to happen. Maybe he's using tough experiences to make you stronger, wiser, or purer. Maybe he's trying to make you grow.

If you're so fed up with God, you should try atheism. (It's a religion for people who are fed up with God.) Starting your own religion is not a good idea. New religions tend to spread lies and delusion.

I'm not an atheist, by the way. I'm just saying, don't start a religion. We have enough already.
edit on 4-5-2013 by TheFriendlyDragon because: fixed typo

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Whoa! No im no Messiah,kudegras,and this basically exactly what i'm trying to say too:Take responsibility for your actions,live so you don't have to feel guilty for what you did unto others-or guilty for the good you could have done,but did'nt bother to.Protect yourself from astral attacks through a strong mindset,and realising that you dont Have a soul,you Are a soul-that you're a free agent who belong to yourself while on your learning journey through lives.That one day you will return to your source,the source of us as souls,a dimension somewhere out there.The closest to what i guess folks see heaven as being.That willfully and knowingly hurting other people,other souls,keeps you incarnating to work off negative karma,as a natural cycle.That is pretty close to hell,imo-to have to keep coming back Here(a neighbourhood thats not going to be improving anytime soon,i think) or somewheres worse,which no doubt exist.To be of this "religion" or better yet,Belief-really,just do all the kindness you can,don't be judgemental and hate others,or feel contempt for others,for being gay/lesbian,for instance.Try to always help the elderly if you can,some are very lonely indeed.Reach out to them,or even to one,if at all possible.Never screw others over for your own gain.Look for the truth in everything,question everything,educate yourself,strive to learn one new thing every day,however small,even just one fact you didnt know.Kindness is what is most needed every day,in this world,empathy with others,a kind world,a small helpful gesture.If we each tried to do one kind thing each day,just one thing,it ripples out,i believe.WHY people keep clinging to formal religions,to deities and entities? I guess because they themselves were taught that way from childhood,and they fear stepping out of a faith that has a protective deity.Thats what i think-fear to strike out on their own,even if they are getting nowhere within that faith.Maybe draconian sets of rules+regulations make them feel safe,like they're a child who has a parent? But that is indeed spiritual "childhood"-never really progressing.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

:-)Sorry none of that here.I guess i could'nt really call it a religion.Maybe spiritual adulthood?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I guess i could'nt really call it a religion.Maybe spiritual adulthood?

That's what I was getting at with my first post in the thread. I like the term "spiritual adulthood". I share a lot of the same beliefs you've outlined. I call it "do the right thing".

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFriendlyDragon

Hi friendly Dragon,Atheism is'nt an option for me,because i've felt Something there,a connection to- NOT the biblical God,who'd smite you as soon as look at you-but a great peace and warmth,like a Dimension of warmth and peace.I think thats the source of us,thats what "issued"us-the source of us as souls.We had to come from Somewhere? I see this thing in a kind word,a hug to some who's sad,a warm smile,in biting back a hurtful word or comment,in standing up for the defenceless,etc.This thing,this source is always there.I am not fed up with the entity Jesus,i feel hurt and let down.BUT now,i shall grow from that,and learn to stand on my own two feet spiritually,living just by these guidelines i set out for myself,and whoever thinks it makes sense.I basically have been,but now i have to also add to that,a strong mind against astral attacks,against depression+negativity,to really work on my attitudes in that respect,without leaning on an entity.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes,i like common sense:-)it Works.I would be very interested in reading your book,btw.Is it available as pdf?

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH,i absolutely agree with what you've said.In fact,i think i should ask the mods to change the title of this thread.I would love to make this a discussion group for anyone who feels it makes sense to stand on your own feet spiritually.The word "Religion" does have BAD connotations-and with excellent reason.I think:Veritas-freedom from religion and entity-dependence.Anybody can contribute what they want to add on this topic.It would be nice to have input on dealing with astral attacks also,i humbly admit that this is not something i have experience with.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Hi D1ss1dent,i never had much religious faith to start with-in Xtianity,very little made sense to me,and practically nothing rang true.What Jesus said:that love is the most important thing,is what i retained from that religion,the only thing.Thats why i was so happy to find that he was to be found as a friendly entity outside of religion.Well,its time to grow up+be independent now,i guess.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Hi Lysergic,no never thought control-rather,a call to kindness-a beseechment to do small kind things to/for others,to maybe look for opportunities to be kind,even just a warm friendly smile to someone having an obviously bad day,etc.And it would be wonderful if folks would start looking out for our elderly,so many are alone,and abandoned,and quite frankly get dismissed as old coots who are worthless.Thats all-a call to deliberate kindness.No one's putting a gun to anyone's head here,it sure would be nice to have a sort of fellowship of people who make a conscious effort to be kind instead of indifferent,and who occasionally takes half an hour out of their day to see if an elderly person in their apartment building or neighbourhood Does in fact have enough to eat-or needs help with something small.Nothing wrong with that,i think.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

There is an electronic copy on amazon, but I would be happy to send anyone interested a copy through email. Just send me a PM.

It's not not something I planned on writing, it kinda insisted that I write it. I did put a lot of work into it.

I was looking into printing it on my own, and selling it at events. I haven't tried getting it published. It is a fairly short work, 27k words.

Here is the introduction

poet1b.blogspot.com...

edit on 4-5-2013 by poet1b because: Add link

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Noone will be ever with you Raxoxane, that's what make them all your friends.

How do I do?

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi Angle, please could you explain a little bit more,sorry if i'm a bit dense:-)

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A thought just occurred to me after reading this thread.. and I can only speak from my own ex-catholic/christian experiences, so apolgies if it is other religion-lite.

Could it be said that, if Jesus said "Only through me will you reach the father"... It is in fact true that all those who go through religion and reject it actually come to the "true" path and see the light?

All those that have been through religion and rejected it, after reading the posts here, seem to have purer, kinder, stronger spirits and a deeper love for, or at least a deeper respect for other people.

The people who have been through religion (Jesus/Christianity or whatever) do seem to embrace the words that are supposed to be promoted by that religion, "love others as you love yourself"

In conclusion: By rejecting religion, you are in fact following the "TRUE" path and living the word of god.

Disclaimer: I'm not religious and don't subscribe to any paticular religion, if any I would say Spirtual. I'm just another guy seeking answers and this is the truth I have found personally.

posted on May, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thank you for your reply,Mister_Bit.I think what you said,makes a lot of sense.I'm not saying there are'nt Christians who do hold kindness and empathy as their prime objective,and way of dealing with other people,i have met some very kind Xtian people.Still,even with their genuinely kind hearts and compassionate demeanor-they are part of a religion that demands the exclusion of some,like gay people for instance,and everybody who don't subscribe to and follow the rulebook.I know Xtians will say "We don't hate the Sinner,we hate the Sin" which of course means:"Stop being wilfully gay-THEN you will be acceptable to God and to us" Never mind that said gay person may have the kindest heart,be a genuinely decent,helpful,loving,compassionate person,and a law-abiding,very useful,productive member of society.Since childhood that has made no sense to me.If you are a decent kind person who loves to help others,who would Never hurt another person-why the heck can that not be enough? Why should your sexual orientation be of the slightest concern,as long as its with a consenting adult? Having love for people should not come with nonsense conditions.I have come to the conclusion that its impossible to live as a person who truely wishes to have love+compassion,within one of the "big" religions/faiths-how Can you,when such a faith teaches you,and Demands of you, to reject some one,unless they change their very way of life,and live in misery-although they may be the "better" person,in the 1st place,but their different sexual preference,which despite their kind heart-is supposed to doom them to eternal suffering?? Just one example of why i felt "doomed" during the years when i was a Xtian.Because my heart was never in it,i could not find peace-not with the glaring discrepancies i saw,in the faith itself,and in most of the followers.Thanks again for your reply,i absolutely resonate with your sentiments.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join